worst time in your life

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Booger Bill
Advanced Levergunner

Re: worst time in your life

Post by Booger Bill »

Kirk, I had the same. It was about 1947 or 1948 when I was seven. We had a old wringer washing machine. It would chatter like a machine gun if you partially engage it. I was mowing down a bunch of krauts swinging the wringer. My left hand got caught in it. Fortunately I kept my fingers straight. My dad was laid up in bed with a bad back and couldn't move. My mom ran up and hit the release. With my dad laid up and couldn't work the folks were very poor and no health insurance. They took me to a shoe store where they had a Xray machine to check how shoes fit you. They had me lay down on the floor and put my arm in. I guess nothing was broke but I still have a scar and sort of a mashed looking forearm/wrist. It also glows in the dark. They outlawed those machines.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I barely remember those x-ray machines. My Grandmother had one of those old washers with the wringer roller bars. Dad made sure we stayed away from it. It does not sound like fun to get caught in one. Ouch!
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

Booger Bill wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:34 pm They took me to a shoe store where they had a Xray machine to check how shoes fit you. ... They outlawed those machines.
Whoa!! Talk about a bad idea--x-ray machines in the shoe store to see how your shoes fit!
Kirk: An old geezer who loves the smell of freshly turned earth, old cedar rail fences, wood smoke, a crackling fireplace on a snowy evening, pristine wilderness lakes, the scent of
cedars and a magnificent Whitetail buck framed in the semi-buckhorn sights of a 120-year old Winchester.
Blog: https://www.kirkdurston.com/
Booger Bill
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Booger Bill »

jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

KirkD wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:15 pm
Booger Bill wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:34 pm They took me to a shoe store where they had a Xray machine to check how shoes fit you. ... They outlawed those machines.
Whoa!! Talk about a bad idea--x-ray machines in the shoe store to see how your shoes fit!
I clearly remember them from when I was a kid, got measured for shoes many times with one. Feet are still attached. :lol: