New things Norma and i have made .

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: Hobie, AmBraCol

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Message
Author
User avatar
Pitchy
Posting leader...
Posts: 11284
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:15 am
Location: Minnesooooota

Re: New things Norma and i have made .

#51 Post by Pitchy » Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:35 pm

Today we made a walnut and oak peace pipe and a toy that`s the factory size then Lenn`s size.

Image

Image
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.

User avatar
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner
Posts: 4600
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:57 am
Location: Not where I want to be!

Re: New things Norma and i have made .

#52 Post by GunnyMack » Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:53 pm

Lenn have you cleaned up, adjusted and used those wood planes? I was at the local fly shop around Christmas and a guy said something about a box of planes, guy behind the counter says this guy ( me) is a carpenter maybe he wants them? Sure enough the guy gives me 5 or6 beading planes, a coffin plane and enough brace bits to drill holes for years! I ask the guy what he wants for them - take em I'm tired of looking at them! Gee thanks mister!
I got them all tuned up & sharpened and they all work well!

User avatar
Pitchy
Posting leader...
Posts: 11284
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:15 am
Location: Minnesooooota

Re: New things Norma and i have made .

#53 Post by Pitchy » Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:28 pm

Gunny i sharpened them up best i could and planed the edge of a board and it worked good.
Sounds like you fell into a treasure. :)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.

User avatar
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner
Posts: 4600
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:57 am
Location: Not where I want to be!

Re: New things Norma and i have made .

#54 Post by GunnyMack » Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:31 am

These that I have were used- hard! Very dirty, some are about worn out. With the moulding planes they are made with 2 different woods, the profile portion is usually boxwood- very durable and the rest of the body is another hard wood like beech or maple. One is missing an iron but it's the same as another I got so no need to make an iron. The coffin plane must have taken a hard fall as it is cracked and has a few screws holding it together. If these old work horses could only talk!
A couple of these were made in Germany. Some have initials stamped into them. I need to figure out how to display them.

User avatar
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner
Posts: 3733
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:38 pm
Location: Maine

Re: New things Norma and i have made .

#55 Post by OldWin » Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:17 am

Good stuff.
I have several of those old planes. I have used them on occasion over the years. They work well fitting doors.
The Dark Man is coming!

Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner
Posts: 5461
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:05 am
Location: Alamogordo, NM

Re: New things Norma and i have made .

#56 Post by Bill in Oregon » Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:01 am

Gunny, a coffin plane you say?

User avatar
Pitchy
Posting leader...
Posts: 11284
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:15 am
Location: Minnesooooota

Re: New things Norma and i have made .

#57 Post by Pitchy » Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:53 pm

Today we made a large door stop, two different dogs from one side to the other.

Image

Image

Image
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.

User avatar
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner
Posts: 4600
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:57 am
Location: Not where I want to be!

Re: New things Norma and i have made .

#58 Post by GunnyMack » Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:57 pm

Bill in Oregon wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:01 am
Gunny, a coffin plane you say?
Yes Bill it is shaped like an old pine box coffin. Hang on...

User avatar
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner
Posts: 4600
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:57 am
Location: Not where I want to be!

Re: New things Norma and i have made .

#59 Post by GunnyMack » Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:01 pm

Coffin plane
20200308_185933_copy_600x800.jpg
20200308_185914_copy_600x800.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Pitchy
Posting leader...
Posts: 11284
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:15 am
Location: Minnesooooota

Re: New things Norma and i have made .

#60 Post by Pitchy » Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:36 am

Cool plane Gunny, interest must be dropping on the toys no comment on the last three.
The door stop i seen on the web, it was a original made in the 1800`s.
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.

Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner
Posts: 5461
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:05 am
Location: Alamogordo, NM

Re: New things Norma and i have made .

#61 Post by Bill in Oregon » Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:32 am

Oh, so the coffin plane is based on the shape, not the use! :roll:

piller
Posting leader...
Posts: 9781
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:49 pm
Location: South of Dallas

Re: New things Norma and i have made .

#62 Post by piller » Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:06 am

Pitchy wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:36 am
Cool plane Gunny, interest must be dropping on the toys no comment on the last three.
The door stop i seen on the web, it was a original made in the 1800`s.
Not a drop in interest, just a horrible cough and a fever for me. This morning the cough is almost gone, and the fever is gone. Got sick Friday evening. Ruined the weekend. Spent it on the couch under a heavy blanket and sipping hot tea.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost

User avatar
Pitchy
Posting leader...
Posts: 11284
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:15 am
Location: Minnesooooota

Re: New things Norma and i have made .

#63 Post by Pitchy » Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:20 am

piller wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:06 am
Pitchy wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:36 am
Cool plane Gunny, interest must be dropping on the toys no comment on the last three.
The door stop i seen on the web, it was a original made in the 1800`s.
Not a drop in interest, just a horrible cough and a fever for me. This morning the cough is almost gone, and the fever is gone. Got sick Friday evening. Ruined the weekend. Spent it on the couch under a heavy blanket and sipping hot tea.
Thanks and hope ya get feeling better piller.
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.

piller
Posting leader...
Posts: 9781
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:49 pm
Location: South of Dallas

Re: New things Norma and i have made .

#64 Post by piller » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:17 pm

Thank you!
Fever broke sometime overnight. Now just feeling weak. Haven't eaten since about 3 pm Friday. Crazy thing is that my blood sugar has stayed around 120 to 130 this whole time. I injected my insulin. Maybe you could come up with a device to lower blood sugar.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost

User avatar
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner
Posts: 4600
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:57 am
Location: Not where I want to be!

Re: New things Norma and i have made .

#65 Post by GunnyMack » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:25 pm

The coffin plane was indeed used on coffin production- or was on the PBS series The Woodwrights Shop.

The door stop is neat, a thing of the past that is handy to have. If I tried one here Parker would bark at it and then carry it off ! She doesnt like 'new' things!

2 weeks ago we gutted a very moldy kitchen with a leaky roof, I was wearing my respirator, another guy wearing a paper mask, we still got sick! My sinuses were on fire for 4 days, no symptoms other than pressure & congested. I spent that weekend drinking hot toddys with honey!! The only thing I enjoy about being sick! :D

User avatar
Pitchy
Posting leader...
Posts: 11284
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:15 am
Location: Minnesooooota

Re: New things Norma and i have made .

#66 Post by Pitchy » Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:25 pm

Hope ya get feeling better Gunny.

Yesterday and today we made a folding table top bench.

Image

Image

Image
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.

User avatar
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner
Posts: 7302
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:15 pm

Re: New things Norma and i have made .

#67 Post by Grizz » Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:49 pm

Oh Man! I really REALLY like this. It's in my To-Do folder.

thanks :!:

Merle
Levergunner 3.0
Posts: 738
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:40 pm

Re: New things Norma and i have made .

#68 Post by Merle » Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:52 pm

Pitchy wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:25 pm
Hope ya get feeling better Gunny.

Yesterday and today we made a folding table top bench.

Image

Image

Image
nice work! looks like you might be running low on room for all your new projects.... :)
Merle from PA

User avatar
Pitchy
Posting leader...
Posts: 11284
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:15 am
Location: Minnesooooota

Re: New things Norma and i have made .

#69 Post by Pitchy » Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:56 pm

Thanks Grizz and Merle, you have no idea Merle, house and cabin is full and upstairs. :lol:
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.

User avatar
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper
Posts: 12454
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:32 pm
Location: The wrong side of the pond.

Re: New things Norma and i have made .

#70 Post by gamekeeper » Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:50 pm

I'm impressed Lenn, they look GREAT..... :D
From his weapons on the open road no man should step one pace away, you don't know for certain when you're out on the road when you might have need of your spear.
Havamal ( Viking collection of common sense )

User avatar
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner
Posts: 4600
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:57 am
Location: Not where I want to be!

Re: New things Norma and i have made .

#71 Post by GunnyMack » Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:00 pm

Hey now I've seen that table somewhere before- oh yeah in my kitchen! :D The style I made is a bit different, I can knock mine down for transport as I only have it assembled with mortise & tenon joints.

User avatar
Pitchy
Posting leader...
Posts: 11284
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:15 am
Location: Minnesooooota

Re: New things Norma and i have made .

#72 Post by Pitchy » Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:56 pm

Thanks GK and Gunny, the pins are removable so ya can take the top off on this one. :)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.

User avatar
Pitchy
Posting leader...
Posts: 11284
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:15 am
Location: Minnesooooota

Re: New things Norma and i have made .

#73 Post by Pitchy » Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:19 pm

Today we made a key to my heart and a praying cat if ya have a imagination.

Image

Image
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.

piller
Posting leader...
Posts: 9781
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:49 pm
Location: South of Dallas

Re: New things Norma and i have made .

#74 Post by piller » Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:26 pm

Very cool.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost

User avatar
Pitchy
Posting leader...
Posts: 11284
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:15 am
Location: Minnesooooota

Re: New things Norma and i have made .

#75 Post by Pitchy » Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:31 pm

Thanks Piller. :)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.

Merle
Levergunner 3.0
Posts: 738
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:40 pm

Re: New things Norma and i have made .

#76 Post by Merle » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:55 pm

so is the cat praying for forgiveness??? :mrgreen:
Merle from PA

User avatar
Pitchy
Posting leader...
Posts: 11284
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:15 am
Location: Minnesooooota

Re: New things Norma and i have made .

#77 Post by Pitchy » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:05 pm

I hope so, i made it for Norma`s sister that`s a cat lover. :lol:
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.

User avatar
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper
Posts: 12454
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:32 pm
Location: The wrong side of the pond.

Re: New things Norma and i have made .

#78 Post by gamekeeper » Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:45 am

The cat sure looks to be concentrating hard on the prayer...... :D
From his weapons on the open road no man should step one pace away, you don't know for certain when you're out on the road when you might have need of your spear.
Havamal ( Viking collection of common sense )

M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner
Posts: 3836
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:57 pm
Location: Vinita, I.T.

Re: New things Norma and i have made .

#79 Post by M. M. Wright » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:14 am

We have 2 cats. The young one is then a tiger striped yellow one that has adopted me as her human. She'll come sleep in my lap then move to the little son's chair. He spends most of his time in front of the computer but yesterday he was outside with a hatchet. Of course Mama told him "Don't chop anything" so he was busting rocks. I fitted some one piece walnut grips to a Colt 45 yesterday. Need to take a pic. I've got a pair of ivories started but haven't decided what to put them on.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS

User avatar
Pitchy
Posting leader...
Posts: 11284
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:15 am
Location: Minnesooooota

Re: New things Norma and i have made .

#80 Post by Pitchy » Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:02 am

Sounds good Ron. 8)
Added a base and Cross to the cat and made her a spoon handle Cross.

Image
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.

User avatar
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner
Posts: 7302
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:15 pm

Re: New things Norma and i have made .

#81 Post by Grizz » Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:17 am

SWEET !

piller
Posting leader...
Posts: 9781
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:49 pm
Location: South of Dallas

Re: New things Norma and i have made .

#82 Post by piller » Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:53 pm

I second that.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost

User avatar
Pitchy
Posting leader...
Posts: 11284
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:15 am
Location: Minnesooooota

Re: New things Norma and i have made .

#83 Post by Pitchy » Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:59 pm

Thanks fellers. :)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.

User avatar
Pitchy
Posting leader...
Posts: 11284
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:15 am
Location: Minnesooooota

Re: New things Norma and i have made .

#84 Post by Pitchy » Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:17 pm

Also made a wood can crusher today, works good now i can crush them as i drink em. :)

Image
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.

M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner
Posts: 3836
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:57 pm
Location: Vinita, I.T.

Re: New things Norma and i have made .

#85 Post by M. M. Wright » Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:27 pm

Our old cat is so obnoxious she better pray! I really like the cross addition. Hang the metal one around the cat's neck. Kudos on the can crusher. If I didn't have a steel one I'd build one like it.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS

User avatar
Pitchy
Posting leader...
Posts: 11284
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:15 am
Location: Minnesooooota

Re: New things Norma and i have made .

#86 Post by Pitchy » Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:30 pm

Yep Norma has the cross hanging on the cats neck, that crusher was the hardest thing we`ve made for a while getting everything proper.
Thanks Ron. :)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.

User avatar
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner
Posts: 7302
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:15 pm

Re: New things Norma and i have made .

#87 Post by Grizz » Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:44 pm

Pitchy wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:17 pm
Also made a wood can crusher today, works good now i can crush them as i drink em. :)
NEVER SAW A WOODEN CAN. GOT A PICTURE OF THAT? :lol:

User avatar
Pitchy
Posting leader...
Posts: 11284
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:15 am
Location: Minnesooooota

Re: New things Norma and i have made .

#88 Post by Pitchy » Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:46 pm

Grizz wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:44 pm
Pitchy wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:17 pm
Also made a wood can crusher today, works good now i can crush them as i drink em. :)
NEVER SAW A WOODEN CAN. GOT A PICTURE OF THAT? :lol:
:P :lol:
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.

User avatar
Pitchy
Posting leader...
Posts: 11284
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:15 am
Location: Minnesooooota

Re: New things Norma and i have made .

#89 Post by Pitchy » Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:07 pm

Today i got a vintage butter mold with a cool flower design.

Image

Image

And we made a couple primitive style washboards.

Image
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.

piller
Posting leader...
Posts: 9781
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:49 pm
Location: South of Dallas

Re: New things Norma and i have made .

#90 Post by piller » Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:24 pm

Pitchy, you are set to survive in the event of whatever happens. Stay safe and don't let anyone close without being sure of them.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost

M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner
Posts: 3836
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:57 pm
Location: Vinita, I.T.

Re: New things Norma and i have made .

#91 Post by M. M. Wright » Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:37 pm

Love that butter mold. Mama had a rectangular one. Made about a pound or like 4 sticks from the store.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS

User avatar
Pitchy
Posting leader...
Posts: 11284
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:15 am
Location: Minnesooooota

Re: New things Norma and i have made .

#92 Post by Pitchy » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:15 am

Thanks piller and Ron , i have one more original mold coming they are neat. :)
Now got to think of something to make today.
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.

User avatar
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper
Posts: 12454
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:32 pm
Location: The wrong side of the pond.

Re: New things Norma and i have made .

#93 Post by gamekeeper » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:08 am

piller wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:24 pm
Pitchy, you are set to survive in the event of whatever happens. Stay safe and don't let anyone close without being sure of them.
+ 1 really nice workmanship Lenn...... :D
From his weapons on the open road no man should step one pace away, you don't know for certain when you're out on the road when you might have need of your spear.
Havamal ( Viking collection of common sense )

User avatar
Pitchy
Posting leader...
Posts: 11284
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:15 am
Location: Minnesooooota

Re: New things Norma and i have made .

#94 Post by Pitchy » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:12 am

Thanks GK, we made a couple more washboards and filled that last old mold with butter will post pics after it`s froze. :)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.

Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner
Posts: 5461
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:05 am
Location: Alamogordo, NM

Re: New things Norma and i have made .

#95 Post by Bill in Oregon » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:19 am

I'll be first in line for a copy of the "Pitchy and Norma's Folk Art" coffee table book! 8)

User avatar
Pitchy
Posting leader...
Posts: 11284
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:15 am
Location: Minnesooooota

Re: New things Norma and i have made .

#96 Post by Pitchy » Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:08 pm

Image
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.

User avatar
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner
Posts: 7302
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:15 pm

Re: New things Norma and i have made .

#97 Post by Grizz » Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:47 pm

you have such a good eye for proportion...

have you ever made a stick bow? I started one, but it's still waiting for me to get up enough nerve to try to finish it. oak board that may crack on first test draw... but I like the idea

User avatar
Pitchy
Posting leader...
Posts: 11284
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:15 am
Location: Minnesooooota

Re: New things Norma and i have made .

#98 Post by Pitchy » Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:08 pm

We made a some a few years back, i think half broke, key is using a board with real straight grain.
That`s what i used, never tried splitting a stick to make one.
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.

User avatar
Pitchy
Posting leader...
Posts: 11284
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:15 am
Location: Minnesooooota

Re: New things Norma and i have made .

#99 Post by Pitchy » Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:26 pm

Mold worked real well, soak your mold in ice water for 30 minutes before putting the butter in.

Image

Image

Nice.

Image
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.

M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner
Posts: 3836
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:57 pm
Location: Vinita, I.T.

Re: New things Norma and i have made .

#100 Post by M. M. Wright » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:31 pm

Lovely!
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Old Savage, TWHBC and 7 guests