COFFEE!!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JimT
Shootist

COFFEE!!

Post by JimT »

coffee2.jpg
coffee3.jpg
eeffoc.jpg
coffee.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
piller
Posting leader...

Re: COFFEE!!

Post by piller »

In the Army they called it Lifer Juice. I started drinking coffee as a kid, but in the Army is where I learned that it is one of life's necessities.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Ive always found out that if someone brings you strong n hit cooffe that they will keep your cup full as long as you talk nice to them. :mrgreen: A Pastir once told me, a fake smile smile goes over better than an honest frown.... It is really nice to watch the sunrise with coffee and just the critters to listen to tho. YMMV todd3/leg
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Bad mood today....practiced for a couple of days and heavily prepared for the CBA cast bullet match today .....then late last night I watched the weather...20 degrees in the a.m. with 12 mph winds....if I'm going to spend $60-$70 I'm going to do it in comfort...gas...food...coffee...match fees....ammo....etc.......

So......I bunked the match......very bad mood today.......UNTIL I SAW THE SECOND ONE HERE ABOUT COFFEE SPELLED BACKWARDS.........I LOVE IT! My kind of humor..

In fact, I like the last one too.......thanks Jim-----6 :D
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Caffeine is probably the most common drug people get addicted to...

Not that I think it is bad (as a fellow addict)... :wink:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Thunder50
Senior Levergunner

Post by Thunder50 »

COFFEE==NASTY!!!!! :evil:

I know I just probably offended 80% of the people on this board, but can't stand the stuff or even its smell. Dislike going down the coffee isle with the other half because of the smell, but she loves her coffee like you do.
The meek shall inherit the earth, but I reserve the mineral rights!
All the knowledge in the world, is of no use to fools! (Eagles-long road out of Eden)
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Thunder50, that means more for me. NOPE! Not offended at all.
D. Brian Casady
JHarold
Levergunner 2.0

Post by JHarold »

I have drank coffee since I joined the Marine Corps back in 1955. drink almost a pot a day now and I am 82 years old.
last Friday my wife and I met a friend for breakfast at a Elmer's pancake house here in Washington state.
I had 3 cups of coffee while we ate and caught up on old times. that afternoon I had a coffee buzz on like I haven't had it 20 years.
I guess I should go back and find out what the hell they were serving. wife said I finished half here Honey-do list.
maybe she slipped something in my cup?
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Community Coffee brand out of New Orleans has a medium roast with double the caffeine. On those mornings every week where I was scheduled until 10 pm, which means work unpaid until 10:30 or be written up for not finishing the Pelosi that the Pharmacy Manager is not capable of doing, drive 45 miles home, eat dinner, sleep 4 hours, shower, eat, inject insulin, drive 45 miles and start again, I need the extra caffeine.
D. Brian Casady
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

My Gramps had heart problems and the Dr. told him to quit coffee (early 1950s). So he started drinking hot tea, and because we were buddies, I drank tea too (age around 6 or 7). I drank tea up until my early 20s, when I moved out and only had coffee at restaurants. I don't remember anything about this just what Ma told me...

After my cancer surgeries and radiation my coffee has to be dark and really strong for me to taste it... :cry:
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
fatboy
Levergunner 1.0

Post by fatboy »

Yup, some say bread is the staff of life, I'd respectfully disagree! Don't drink as much as I once did but nothin' gets done around here until Grandpa has had his second cup!
Bob
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Those red and blue spent plastic tubs that replaced the common coffee can are quite useful around the homestead in general and handloading bench in particular.....
m.A.g.a. !
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I like the smell of coffee but hate the taste, and I don't even really like to drink stuff that's very hot. With enough vanilla and cream and sugar it's tolerable, and I really like caffeine, so I get a Triple Espresso and throw some vanilla ice cream in it then it's perfect... 8)

On the other hand I do like all kinds of tea, and it's fun to put different herbs and spices in with it (...try black tea, a couple cloves, and grated orange peel...) and make your own tea in an old fashioned stainless steel coffee percolator.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

My day clock doesn't even start until I have at least four cups down. I'd make a horrible Mormon. No offense.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

I never touch the stuff... it's for grown ups!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
new pig hunter
Senior Levergunner

Post by new pig hunter »

coffee ..... love the stuff ..... grew up on it ...... kept me awake on more than a few dozen midwatches ...... Lutheran Life Support !!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

AJMD429 wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:52 pm
On the other hand I do like all kinds of tea, and it's fun to put different herbs and spices in with it (...try black tea, a couple cloves, and grated orange peel...) and make your own tea in an old fashioned stainless steel coffee percolator.
Doc, you sure are weird...... :shock: ........ :lol:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
rock-steady
Levergunner 2.0

Post by rock-steady »

Hot Coffee.....gotta have it. We make it on the gas stove in a stainless steel percolator. Hot! Mr.Coffee type machines just do not get it hot enough.

My lovely bride signed me up for the Black Rifle Coffee Club for my birthday last year. Best present ever. BRCC sends me a different coffee every month.

Right now I'm drinking AK-47 Espresso. Very Good.

Some others I have really liked are:
Black Beard's Delight
Coffee or Die
Just Black
Beyond Black
Gunship Roast

https://www.blackriflecoffee.com/pages/coffee-club
"People who need long explanations at moments when everything depends on instinct have always irritated me." ~ Guy Sajer
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

One Tech at work was drinking that last week. She said it was really good.
D. Brian Casady
jkbrea
Senior Levergunner

Post by jkbrea »

https://www.blackriflecoffee.com/pages/coffee-club

I love BRCC. You can drink Just Black or SS straight. All their coffees are really good and BRCC is vet owned and ran. Their you tube videos are hilarious but not for everyone. And I'd rather pay a little more to support them than starbucks. Which reminds me....I have to apologize to my wife for calling her a communist for buying Starbucks yesterday🤐
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

I hear something called buzzbox brand recommended on the radio but I have never tried it that I know of.

The grandparents who raised me used eight o'clock beans ground there in the market when times were good......red diamond and instant sanka when times were lean.

I drink mostly folgers in the red tubs.....black silk is good brew.......
m.A.g.a. !
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

AJMD429 wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:00 pm Caffeine is probably the most common drug people get addicted to...

Not that I think it is bad (as a fellow addict)... :wink:
The addiction is brutal on a rotating shift worker.
We work 2 weeks of 12-hour days and then 2 weeks of 12-hour nights.
On the 1st "Monday" of nights, I can't have my morning coffee lest it ruin the nap I absolutely must have before staying up all night.
So, I begin each tour with a massive headache. Maybe because my one mug has more caffeine in it than most potfuls.

I like my coffee like I like my women: Strong and bitter :D
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
PaperPatch
Levergunner 3.0

Post by PaperPatch »

0224200727a.jpg
:wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Biscuits and gravy with coffee is an awesome breakfast.
D. Brian Casady
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

AJMD429 wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:52 pm I like the smell of coffee but hate the taste, and I don't even really like to drink stuff that's very hot. With enough vanilla and cream and sugar it's tolerable, and I really like caffeine, so I get a Triple Espresso and throw some vanilla ice cream in it then it's perfect... 8)

Doc, That tea you just described is Bigelow's Constant Comment. Took a pack trip on the North Rim in about 65 and my partner brought it along. I've loved the stuff ever since.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

My preferred coffee is Seaport "in between" but can't get it here so I drink Community.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
JHarold
Levergunner 2.0

Post by JHarold »

I remember as a lad visiting my uncle on his farm in South Dakota, early 1940's,
They were Germans, and would "Saucer" their coffee so it would cool and they could
return to the fields.
rossim92
Senior Levergunner

Post by rossim92 »

JHarold wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:09 pm I remember as a lad visiting my uncle on his farm in South Dakota, early 1940's,
They were Germans, and would "Saucer" their coffee so it would cool and they could
return to the fields.
my grandparents did that when i was little. poor a litle bit in the saucer and sip it. if you do that nowadays you will get some weird looks fom other people. If i ever remember to do it i want to see the look on other people's faces. :D
Rossi 92 .357 lever , and a cz pcr 9mm
Henry .22 lever, Remington speedmaster 552 .22 lr
Marlin Glenfield .22 boltaction
gforce 12ga semi
Taylor's Tactical 1911 A1 FS in .45acp
winchester 1873 44.40
Marlin 336W .30.30
beeman sportsman rs2 dual caliber pellet rifle
henry .22 magnum pumpaction/octagon barrel
stag 5.56 m4 with reddot
cnjarvis
Senior Levergunner

Post by cnjarvis »

C048ADC4-542C-4D54-B53C-CFC99DA9950D.jpeg
7D502DF7-509B-4236-9A1D-9D1EFB2F1181.jpeg
vonfatman
Levergunner 2.0

Post by vonfatman »

a friend at church offered me a cup of "Death Wish Coffee"....
wowzer! great robust coffee with AT LEAST a double dose of caffeine .... the perfect coffee for me! yum.
ordered it from amazon then found it at our local sprouts grocery when my wife drug me in there on day...
i keep whole beans on hand at home and for travel....a box of Kurigs.
"Onward thru the Fog"
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

WalMart in Waxahachie stocks that brand. I haven't thied it yet.
D. Brian Casady
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Yeah. Coffee. It was invented by sailors I think. And improved by commercial fishermen.

But I am not a snob about caffein, and use no-doz on the road to avoid sitting on a full bladder. Handy for those 6 hour crossings at the southern border. Or the return night trip from a nearby town. A half tab has a beneficial effect on my attention span and reaction times.

NoDoz, for when the coffee spills in your lap.....
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

I like the stuff Ravensbrew turns out ..

Three Peckered Billy Goat® Coffee is one of my favorites.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

piller wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:38 am WalMart in Waxahachie stocks that brand. I haven't thied it yet.
Ever tried "Yuban" brand coffee. Good stuff too.
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

3leggedturtle wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:18 am
piller wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:38 am WalMart in Waxahachie stocks that brand. I haven't thied it yet.
Not yet. I will have to try it, too.
D. Brian Casady
Larkbill
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Larkbill »

3leggedturtle wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:18 am
My wife's favorite. I'll drink almost anything but confess to having one of their refillable cups and drinking a bunch of the "best coffee on the interstate" before I retired. I delivered specialty equipment trailers mostly to power plants and was on call 24/7 so energy management was important.

Post by Wrangler John »

Coffee was essential in my first job, working with show horses. First horse had to be groomed and harnessed before dawn ready for the trainer, which required two cups. Everybody made a path to the commercial percolator in the tack room, grunting acknowledgement of each other until the caffeine kicked in. They only bought Folger's brand, probably because Pete Folger's old estate was down the road a way, and that was the major San Francisco brand roasted in nearby South San Francisco at the time. Didn't much matter if it was robusta or arabica, or a blend of the two, all that mattered was the effect.

Now my wife has experimented through Maxwell House, Yuban (Yuletide Banquet) brand, Kirkland, some specialty roasted concoctions, and finally settled on 100% Kona coffee from Hawaii. She subscribes to a source that sends us a supply of beans every other month, and she grinds it fresh as needed. Thing is it can run out because it's a small crop, but we occasionally substitute the Kirkland or Yuban when it does (they changed the blend of Yuban recently and it isn't the same since it sold out to Kraft). Being a coffee snob isn't easy, my one time favorite was Farmer's Brothers found at nearly every truck plaza and restaurant we traveled to on the show circuit, and now available at Amazon, I'll have to order some, until the Hawaiian stuff is abundant again. That's my story, now I gotta go fill the Bloomfield coffee maker with this morning's batch.
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

We have a 20 cup mister coffee in our sunday school room at church and it took years for me to convince them to put an extra scoop or two in the filter. the problem is most drinkers like their girly coffee and spend so much time mixing creamer and sugar/sweetener. I like it strong and right-off the bean. They part the waiting line and let me cut to the front to pour it out straight from the pot.

Maxwell house and the various doughnut shop varieties have an odd, burnt wiring aroma and flavor unless you make it strong enough to get that slightly bitter umami savoury affect. McDonalds and truck stop and diner coffee all have that smoky bitterness.
m.A.g.a. !
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

McDonalds does have pretty decent coffee. I am not an expert, but I know what I like. Weak coffee just does not taste right to me. I like the Starbucks blonde roast as an alternative on occasion. It has an almost fruitlike flavor. It goes well with mild flavored foods such as roasted pecans.
D. Brian Casady
JHarold
Levergunner 2.0

Post by JHarold »

rossim92 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:35 pm
JHarold wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:09 pm I remember as a lad visiting my uncle on his farm in South Dakota, early 1940's,
return to the fields.
my grandparents did that when i was little. poor a litle bit in the saucer and sip it. if you do that nowadays you will get some weird looks fom other people. If i ever remember to do it i want to see the look on other people's faces. :D
plus we are not served coffee with a saucer anymore.
least the hash houses I frequent.
BeeKay
Levergunner

Post by BeeKay »

piller wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:25 pm McDonalds does have pretty decent coffee. I am not an expert, but I know what I like. Weak coffee just does not taste right to me. I like the Starbucks blonde roast as an alternative on occasion. It has an almost fruitlike flavor. It goes well with mild flavored foods such as roasted pecans.
Mc Donalds has better coffee than almost any gas station. For a BUCK!
Their PR team knows that good coffee at an affordable price is a magnet for adults in the morning, and usually amounts to additional sales.
It's worked on me... An Egg Mc Muffin (or 2) isn't a bad thing to accompany my $1 coffee
BeeKay
Levergunner

Post by BeeKay »

America is a nation of coffee addicts - We're also a nation of workaholics,, in my viewpoint.
It is very difficult to compete in this modern society without COFFEE!
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

BeeKay wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:57 pm America is a nation of coffee addicts - We're also a nation of workaholics,, in my viewpoint.
It is very difficult to compete in this modern society without COFFEE!
WOW! Truer words were never spoken. I never thought about it like that. When I was younger I did the same thing working 70-80 hours a week sleeping far too little learning which side of the road to drive on to get the smoothest ride. About 3 years ago I slacked off a bit giving it up almost all together. It got to where I had almost built up a resistance to it and I didn't get the pick me up any more. Of course after reading all this at 12:30 AM I went and made a pot of decafe.
My favorite way to go is Cuban coffee. Cafe con leche. It's hard to get at a truck stop unless you're somewhere near Miami. I might have to start up again.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.