Pro-Second Amendment attorney on Red Flag laws

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Pro-Second Amendment attorney on Red Flag laws

Post by AJMD429 »

Today's show (2-08-20) should be podcasted soon at https://omny.fm/shows/the-gun-guy/playlists/podcast-1.

He has an interesting take on an Indiana proposal to make it illegal to buy a gun after a Red Flag seizure, but before the court hearing.

Guy Relford (the attorney) has helped improve many Indiana gun laws, such as:

a) Making it ok to be at a church with a firearm, even if there is also a school there.

b) Making it prohibited for a shooting victim to sue for 'damages' if the homicide was deemed justified.

c) Making it more difficult to anonymously trigger a Red Flag seizure.

He talks with a ramble (probably puts the other side to sleep so that's why he wins cases :wink: ) so listen to the podcast while doing something else, but it is still worth a listen it is posted.

An interesting 'caller question' to his show was "What about the guy with a huge collection...?" I know many guys whose gun collections wouldn't fit in a squad car for sure...! Some collectors with 200-300 antique top-condition firearms wouldn't be happy seeing them tossed into the back of a van and hauled off, either... :evil:

I wonder how many people here on the forum would even be able to tell whether or not all of their guns were rounded up (i.e. how many they even own), and would thus be arrested if some were missed by the cops. :|
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: Pro-Second Amendment attorney on Red Flag laws

Post by AJMD429 »

Later in the podcast he explains the 'nuclear option' stuff so I think I finally understand it... 8)
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "