Remembering "DPris" -- RIP Denis Prisbrey

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Remembering "DPris" -- RIP Denis Prisbrey

Post by Old No7 »

I regret to be the one to inform our forum that our friend "DPris" has left the range...

I'm many months behind in my stack of magazines... Reading the fall issue of "Guns Of The Old West" (one of my favorites) last night, I noted the editor mentioned their writer Denis Prisbrey (66) had passed away in the spring. I immediately thought I'd look for an obituary to confirm this, and then share the sad news here. Turns out that a few dozen pages later, placed right after the very last article that he wrote for GOTOW -- about a levergun of course! (a Winchester 1873) -- the editor published a full page obituary with a nice photo of Denis. See the image down below...

I didn't know DPris... But I enjoyed his many articles in GOTOW and his posts on this forum; in fact, one of his last posts was when he commented on the CZ side-by-side hammer shotgun I have. His most active post here was when he ran the "Henry Golden Boy Endurance Run" back in 2016 and attempted to put over 20,000 rounds through a Henry .22 to see what it would take. In November that year, he reported: "It was still locking up just fine at that 22,000-round count, despite all that gunk buildup..." Sadly, I note he never did post the final report on this forum.

From the obit written by his daughter, it was noted that DPris was "an Air Force veteran and a husband, father, grandfather, brother, nephew, uncle and best friend".

I'd like to think he was a friend here too.

RIP Denis... I hope they have a pile of leverguns up there...

Old No7

DPris.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Old No7 on Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
KWK
Senior Levergunner

Re: Remembering "DPris" -- RIP Denis Prisbrey

Post by KWK »

"I'd like to think he was a friend here too."

Certainly, in my mind he was a friend to those here, and I remember those posts on torture testing the Henry 22.

His absence here came to mind just yesterday. I was searching around for some information on Uberti groove diameters, and google pointed me to a thread in which he'd posted a few comments. That reminded me I hadn't see anything by him in a while, and the forum software indicated he'd last visited a little over a year ago.

RIP, indeed.

Karl
jazman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jazman »

Best torture test ever, made me take out my Henry and heat it up. RIP DPris.
"If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly"
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I PMed Denis a few times. He always wrote back. On his advice, I looked for---and found a Buck 110 with S30V steel for my son. Denis was a knowledgeable and pleasant gentleman.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

His torture test on that Henry .22 will be talked about for years. Denis Prisbrey passing was mentioned by Ysable Kid in the memorial forum last year. RIP DPris.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

R.I.P. Denis, you'll be missed.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

gamekeeper wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:12 pm Denis Prisbrey passing was mentioned by Ysable Kid in the memorial forum last year. RIP DPris.
Thanks John; I guess I missed it.

I don't go into 'that' forum -- as it's not "good news"...

Ironically, reading GOTOW was not supposed to result in "bad news"...

Cheers.

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Godspeed
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Thank you for the report.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...