Schmidt. Rubin 22

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
barbarossa
Senior Levergunner

Schmidt. Rubin 22

Post by barbarossa »

Took my Schmidt Rubin 22 out today for a little fun today.Shot a little offhand ,gun seems to have a lot of promise (groupings my fault not the rifle as it was a bit cold today) when I get time to do some serious shooting it should prove to be an accurate gun.Also I have to say that shooting it is just pure fun and I m hooked

octagon
Senior Levergunner

Re: Schmidt. Rubin 22

Post by octagon »

Neat rifle!
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Very cool!

I have a couple of .22 trainers, had a bunch at one time. I thought I had a picture of it but can't find it of my Enfield No.7. Only .22 repeater based on the Enfield no.4. They were contracted for 2500 for the Royal Australian Air Force but never completed. My dad and I just happened to be in the right place at the right time. Deadly accurate! I also have a Yugo Mauser single shot and a Martini ,22lr. Nothing better than a good ,22 on a warm afternoon and a brick of shells.
:D

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
barbarossa
Senior Levergunner

Post by barbarossa »

I love 22s as well,I have an early Enfield trainer ,a mauser DSM,a 1952 Belgian mauser trainer and this Greener Martini 22
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

I really like that Enfield Trainer, can you tell a specifics about it? Todd
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
barbarossa
Senior Levergunner

Post by barbarossa »

Long Lee Enfield designed to copy the S.M.L.E SHT Mark II converted around 1912 mine still retains the bolt cover though the magazine cut off is missing as well as the volley sights
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Thanks but i meant the Greener Martini :oops: is it as light and nice handling as it looks. Instill want a Martini Cadet but that one would do just nice too.. todd
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

They are all nice looking guns.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
David
Levergunner 3.0

Post by David »

You mean someone else likes weird 22's ;)
barbarossa
Senior Levergunner

Post by barbarossa »

3leggedturtle wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:43 am Thanks but i meant the Greener Martini :oops: is it as light and nice handling as it looks. Instill want a Martini Cadet but that one would do just nice too.. todd
More pics of the greener
Yes the greener is very light and well balanced rifle.The gun is a takedown as well and the reciever has checkering at pattern on it .That said my favourite martini rifle I have is a Francotte martini sporting rifle retailed by J Venables and son in England.It has a 26 inch
Ovate barrel with a full length ribs with express sights and is also is in 22lr.The balance of this rifle is amazing
barbarossa
Senior Levergunner

Post by barbarossa »

My j Venables and son martini

8cy5DRrY