Busy .. today and tomorrow!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JimT
Shootist

Busy .. today and tomorrow!

Post by JimT »

piller
Posting leader...

Re: Busy .. today and tomorrow!

Post by piller »

I like that.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I like it too. I won't have the luxury of 'retirement' but that's my own choice.

I do know that LOTS of female patients I have experience great stress when their husbands retire - they are so used to not having to put up with them for 40-60 hours per week, and all of a sudden they are home and annoying their wives 24/7... :lol:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

My wife LOVES it since I retired..for real, we get along better now than ever. I like to think it's romantic but I think it's because I'm around to be a go-for. "Make me a coffee" "let the dogs out" "it never ends.

By the way Jim, I was thinking about you today....remember when you were burning some stuff that smoked and was "doing your part in global heating"? Well, I'm down to the last stump to be removed from the tornado we had and this was a 4.5 foot silver maple stump...huge.....I already cut it down about 6" from the ground and this stump was about 25 yards from the road and decided to burn it. I had a bonfire big enough to heat a city.........all the college educated liberal rubber neckers were slowing down with mean looks on their faces so I went out to the pasture with the tractor and a chain saw and cut up a telephone pole into 3' sections........had about 8 of them and threw them on top of the fire and that baby was smokin'!!! :D ---6
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

Good on ya Sixgun!

I burned a stump down into the ground the other days. I used the front tires off our big SKAG mower to help it along. Had a nice column of black smoke going up about 50 feet.

Tomorrow night my daughter is supposed to bring the Youth Group from church out to the ranch. I am gonna shoot the Thunder Mug for them and then torch a huge stack of brush we have waiting. It's about 7 feet high and 10 feet across. I may toss a car tire in the middle to help things. It's been raining a lot but that would help it dry out quick.
Larkbill
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Larkbill »

That's hilarious! As long as I give some priority to her requests she just smiles and says "have fun" when I head for my rifle club. I think she likes the having the house to herself once in a while.

Post by Jay Bird »

Wow Jim.....A tire in a fire just warms my heart......don't think nothin' is better than a tire....tarpaper comes close....big things made out of cheap plastic with lots of wiring smokes good too. Green wood smokes but it don't hurt the environment that much. Maybe an old couch wth lots of foam rubber will work............ahhhh......sometimes it's good to stay with the tried and true...a tire.---6
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Jim, a thunder mug! Hadn't thought of one of those in some time.
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

Loaded the thunder mug with about 2000 gr. of Pyrodex P. It shook the ground and echoed across the valley, waking dogs and old ladies. It was beautiful.

Then we shot a flaming arrow into a gasoline soaked cardboard box planted in the edge of the brush pile.
IMG_0385.jpeg
It took a while ... quite awhile ... for it to burn down to hot coals but we had s'mores and a great time.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Oh man....Jim, I live in the wrong part of the country and am around the wrong people. You guys have real fun. Around here, these liberals call a Saturday afternoon knitting doilies exciting.---6
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

For my wife and I, it was when the kids moved out. Just been great ever since!
Never burned a stump, but man we burned a ton of tires when we were kids.
Come the weekend, it was Pit Party time. We'd haul some old tires back in the woods to a sand pit and have us a big ol time. :D
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

A few years back, at a Wedding reception after party outside of Midlothian Texas, someone got enough Tannerite and a few people to shoot it that it rattled windows as much as 12 miles away. I was at work when it happened. We all thought someone had rammed a car ito the building.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I can't wait to be able to say that... for the first time ever!!! :D