The Sig Got Out Of Jail A Few Days Early

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Blaine
Posting leader...

The Sig Got Out Of Jail A Few Days Early

Post by Blaine »

8) 8)
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
rossim92
Senior Levergunner

Re: The Sig Got Out Of Jail A Few Days Early

Post by rossim92 »

How u manage that? my cz had to stay in jail for 7 days, regardless. :(
Rossi 92 .357 lever , and a cz pcr 9mm
Henry .22 lever, Remington speedmaster 552 .22 lr
Marlin Glenfield .22 boltaction
gforce 12ga semi
Taylor's Tactical 1911 A1 FS in .45acp
winchester 1873 44.40
Marlin 336W .30.30
beeman sportsman rs2 dual caliber pellet rifle
henry .22 magnum pumpaction/octagon barrel
stag 5.56 m4 with reddot
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

rossim92 wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:09 pm How u manage that? my cz had to stay in jail for 7 days, regardless. :(
Washington gives the NICS 10 full working days, and if it comes back early, so be it. Not that long ago if you had a carry permit, you could pay and take it home with you after passing the instant check. Without the permit, you waited awhile. Now, everybody waits.

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
rossim92
Senior Levergunner

Post by rossim92 »

Blaine wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:13 pm
rossim92 wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:09 pm How u manage that? my cz had to stay in jail for 7 days, regardless. :(
Washington gives the NICS 10 full working days, and if it comes back early, so be it. Not that long ago if you had a carry permit, you could pay and take it home with you after passing the instant check. Without the permit, you waited awhile. Now, everybody waits.
:(
Rossi 92 .357 lever , and a cz pcr 9mm
Henry .22 lever, Remington speedmaster 552 .22 lr
Marlin Glenfield .22 boltaction
gforce 12ga semi
Taylor's Tactical 1911 A1 FS in .45acp
winchester 1873 44.40
Marlin 336W .30.30
beeman sportsman rs2 dual caliber pellet rifle
henry .22 magnum pumpaction/octagon barrel
stag 5.56 m4 with reddot
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

The UpLula is real handy on these mags...With 10+1, 9mm, and one extra mag, you go out the door with 21 shots....It's not really much bigger/heavier than my LCP. If it EVER stops raining, I'll run it out to Ft Lewis and see how it shoots. The ported bbl and slide is supposed to work really well.

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

patiently waiting.....

there has been quite a lot of negative said about the sight, mostly from keyboard commandos who have never even held one but I am impressed by the thought put into it.....

there is not much "new under the sun" as the unimpressed, depressed, wise old king says......

please tell us how you like the sight when just pointing it about and dry firing at the telly.......
m.A.g.a. !
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Ray wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:00 am patiently waiting.....

there has been quite a lot of negative said about the sight, mostly from keyboard commandos who have never even held one but I am impressed by the thought put into it.....

there is not much "new under the sun" as the unimpressed, depressed, wise old king says......

please tell us how you like the sight when just pointing it about and dry firing at the telly.......
Well, Sir....I spent a couple hours with the NYPD, and another three hours with the CBS The Seals tonight. It's a lot easier to throw up and paint the target than these old eyes and normal sights, tho I can understand why some might dislike them. YOu will not see the green dot unless you are exactly on when you throw down. There's supposed to be some tritium in there, but it's sure not too much. The trigger is light, almost as crisp as a decent single action. My guess is 5 to 6 pounds and very predictable. But, later on we'll see how it actually shoots.

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
octagon
Senior Levergunner

Post by octagon »

Good to hear :D how bout a photo?
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

octagon wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:19 pm Good to hear :D how bout a photo?
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=75995
m.A.g.a. !
octagon
Senior Levergunner

Post by octagon »

Danke! Looks like just the ticket.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Oregon used to allow carry permit holders to pay and go. They changed that many years ago when they went to instant check. Now it's usually a few minutes wait while the FFL calls in and gets it approved. I've personally never had more than 5 minutes wait, and that was when they were very busy. In rare situations the state for some odd reason puts a hold on a background check. It is usually a 30 day hold, and at the end of 30 days you can go get your gun.
I took a friend to a local shop to buy his first handgun and he got the 30 day hold. We asked the shop why, and they asked if he'd ever been arrested. Of course he hadn't, so they said it might just be something as foolish as never ever been checked before. The owner said he got a 30 day hold when he tried to transfer one of his own guns to himself! Odd that he has an FFL, but Oregon put him on a 30 day hold for a transfer?
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

marlinman93 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:29 am Oregon used to allow carry permit holders to pay and go. They changed that many years ago when they went to instant check. Now it's usually a few minutes wait while the FFL calls in and gets it approved. I've personally never had more than 5 minutes wait, and that was when they were very busy. In rare situations the state for some odd reason puts a hold on a background check. It is usually a 30 day hold, and at the end of 30 days you can go get your gun.
I took a friend to a local shop to buy his first handgun and he got the 30 day hold. We asked the shop why, and they asked if he'd ever been arrested. Of course he hadn't, so they said it might just be something as foolish as never ever been checked before. The owner said he got a 30 day hold when he tried to transfer one of his own guns to himself! Odd that he has an FFL, but Oregon put him on a 30 day hold for a transfer?
Another Hiccup in the system they've found is that if a fella passes, and leaves his firearms to a family member, that family member has to have them transfered legally to himself. Now, when this person starts doing so (at 15 to 50 a pop) The System flags him for trying to obtain too many guns at one time.... :evil:

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Blaine wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:46 pm

Another Hiccup in the system they've found is that if a fella passes, and leaves his firearms to a family member, that family member has to have them transfered legally to himself. Now, when this person starts doing so (at 15 to 50 a pop) The System flags him for trying to obtain too many guns at one time.... :evil:
Sounds like the old catch 22. You can't keep them without doing a legal transfer, and you get flagged if you try to obey the law. Typical antigun politics.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
David
Levergunner 3.0

Post by David »

Ray wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:00 am patiently waiting.....

Sorry which Sig are we talking about?
claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Post by claybob86 »

P365 SAS! :D
Have you hugged your rifle today?
David
Levergunner 3.0

Post by David »

claybob86 wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:47 pm P365 SAS! :D
That's a nice carry, who uses sights on a carry gun?

I'm a hammer guy or I'd have one already, I'd like them to put that magazine into a compact P225.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

David wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:58 pm
claybob86 wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:47 pm P365 SAS! :D
That's a nice carry, who uses sights on a carry gun?

I'm a hammer guy or I'd have one already, I'd like them to put that magazine into a compact P225.
I really wanted something the size of the 365 or smaller with a hammer and decocker. I really liked the Sig 938, but the hammer was too small and slippery for me. This one will do nicely, tho.

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Short distance and in a hurry, I don't use sights. If the range lets you, practice picking up the gun and shooting center mass on a torso type target fast at 7 yards. You may be surprised at how muscle memory can keep you on target pretty well. Do not expect to be winning any IPSC matches, but you will probably hit someplace that could stop an assault. Target sights have their place, but sights for fast and not so precise work have their place too.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
David
Levergunner 3.0

Post by David »

piller wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:10 pm Short distance and in a hurry, I don't use sights. If the range lets you, practice picking up the gun and shooting center mass on a torso type target fast at 7 yards. You may be surprised at how muscle memory can keep you on target pretty well. Do not expect to be winning any IPSC matches, but you will probably hit someplace that could stop an assault. Target sights have their place, but sights for fast and not so precise work have their place too.
I practice two in the chest one in the head from draw in 2 seconds, that's what you got if someone is running at you in justifiable self defense range.
(my range)
From my "practice" for what it's worth...
For a Pistol.
Best run is in the opposite direction of their hand. i.e. Right handed shooter run to their left.
It's a lot harder for me and everyone I've "tested" to sweep the opposite direction.

Moving targets is a whole new challenge.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I hope you never need to use your skills, but it seems like you are on the wisest track for that occasion when you couldn't avoid happens. Muscle memory from practice is useful when under stress.
D. Brian Casady
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

I keep forgetting we gots lots of delph bryces here.....

I wonder why the manufacturers waste their time and and our money on including sights on their products.....
m.A.g.a. !
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

At 7 yards or less you can miss just as badly using sights in a hurry as you do without them. Target sights are great for top level accuracy, and combat sights are more easily used in high speed stress filled situations. It is just simply matching the tool to the job at hand. Practice is more likely to make any scenario come out best in the final analysis.

Ray, can you show proof that at short range and in a hurry that we should be using target sights? Perhaps we are misunderstanding each other. I am not suggesting point shooting from the hip. I am suggesting learning and practicing to acquire the center mass of a human sized target fast enough that it may save your life in a real world being attacked by a guy running at you with a knife situation. The old 1911 and 1911A1 type of sights are small and hard to see. At short range, most users just look down the entire slide and line it up with the target when in a big hurry. You do not need to be Roy Rogers to hit a target in that manner.
D. Brian Casady
claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Post by claybob86 »

Blaine, you gonna fire that pistol (and tell us about it) or whistle Dixie? :mrgreen:
Have you hugged your rifle today?
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

claybob86 wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:52 pm Blaine, you gonna fire that pistol (and tell us about it) or whistle Dixie? :mrgreen:
Exactly! :D

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
gbflyer
Levergunner

Post by gbflyer »

Probably some of you guys are LE.

My uncle was a state guy. He told me one time that in his training he’d learned that the instinctive shooter, maybe even one that had never even fired a handgun before, was the most likely to make a lethal shot.

Makes sense that you guys practice instinctive. If I lived in civilization I’d do the same.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

2ndovc wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:45 pm
claybob86 wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:52 pm Blaine, you gonna fire that pistol (and tell us about it) or whistle Dixie? :mrgreen:

jb 8)
:oops: :oops: Beat me, masta, I be a bad boy......
This time of year in the coastal PNW region is known as The Big, Dark, Sodden Ugly....and, I just can't bring myself to go to an indoor range...

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Blaine wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:59 pm
2ndovc wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:45 pm

jb 8)
:oops: :oops: Beat me, masta, I be a bad boy......
This time of year in the coastal PNW region is known as The Big, Dark, Sodden Ugly....and, I just can't bring myself to go to an indoor range...
Can't be any worse than Northern Ohio! :D

Rain and snow couldn't stop the .44 last week. :lol:

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
David
Levergunner 3.0

Post by David »

gbflyer wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:38 pm Probably some of you guys are LE.

My uncle was a state guy. He told me one time that in his training he’d learned that the instinctive shooter, maybe even one that had never even fired a handgun before, was the most likely to make a lethal shot.

Makes sense that you guys practice instinctive. If I lived in civilization I’d do the same.
What I've notices is a first time shooter or even one that hasn't shot in a while will do better on the first shot and then the remember the recoil happens and then they will probably shoot low and a little left ;)
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Last time I bought a handgun, last year (and a Sig), it took me less than 30 minutes from the time I went in until I walked out with it (granted, I already knew what I wanted). I feel bad for you guys in the states that mandate waiting periods... :( :? :evil: