A good shooting 1911A1 and inexpensive too

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

A good shooting 1911A1 and inexpensive too

Post by 2ndovc »

Took a chance and bought a Tisas, Turkish made 1911A1. For $350 the fit and finish are really good and shoots pretty darned well too.

Ran through several magazines without issue. It's needs a few hundred rounds through it, it's really stiff but I'm thrilled with it. Might have to get another one the give it an antique "battlefield" look. :D

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
piller
Posting leader...

Re: A good shooting 1911A1 and inexpensive too

Post by piller »

Looks like a good buy. Hope you continue to have fun with it.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

TISAS makes great stuff. They have a copy of the Browning HiPower i reallly want to get. Todd/3leg
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
wm
Senior Levergunner

Post by wm »

Turkish arms industry is definitely exerting itself.

They make a CZ-75 copy called the Canik Shark that intrigues me.

Wm
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Looks Good Jason , 8) . Who would of thought of buying Guns made in Turkey a generation ago ? about a year and a half ago after reading every thing and watching a bunch of videos I got a Tristar Viper g2 28 gauge shotgun. $480.00 . very well done and a pleasure to own . nothing cheap about it. Hope that 1911 continues to impress. https://www.tristararms.com/products/se ... r-g2-wood/
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

These are guns you can afford to buy .. shoot a lot ... use for concealed carry or a car gun ... and if you are forced to use it to defend yourself or your loved ones, it ain't like a $900 gun going into some Police locker to rust for a while.
wm
Senior Levergunner

Post by wm »

.45colt wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:06 am Looks Good Jason , 8) . Who would of thought of buying Guns made in Turkey a generation ago ? about a year and a half ago after reading every thing and watching a bunch of videos I got a Tristar Viper g2 28 gauge shotgun. $480.00 . very well done and a pleasure to own . nothing cheap about it. Hope that 1911 continues to impress. https://www.tristararms.com/products/se ... r-g2-wood/
Filled the market niche that used to be filled by Spanish firms like Llamma, Star and Astra? Honestly I kind of thought South Africa would step into that role after the end of Apartheid but instead their indigenous arms industry kind of withered and died.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Reviews have been excellent for the Tisas 1911 pistols, and all have mentioned the excellent machining and smooth surfaces, even in hidden areas. Only complaint was the sights, but they are typical off every military 1911A1 so really not an issue. Some have commented on trigger pull, but only said it was heavier than typical Colt 1911A1 pistols. I have several 1911 style pistols in military and Colt Commercial, but still think this would be a great one to add to my collection at such a low price.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

JimT wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:13 am These are guns you can afford to buy .. shoot a lot ... use for concealed carry or a car gun ... and if you are forced to use it to defend yourself or your loved ones, it ain't like a $900 gun going into some Police locker to rust for a while.

Well said Sir!

My dad's CCW has been a Chinese Tokarev for years. He always said that he wouldn't want one of his vintage Colt's sitting in a property room rusting away. Ironically, his place was broken into about a month ago and the TT was one of the pistols stolen. It's been recovered, because the Idiots went online looking for someone to tell them where to get ammo for it. There's still $20k worth of 1911s and a Lugar still missing.

Todd,
Just looked up that HiPower. Looks cool but I think I'm going to get one of the Israeli / Belgian imports. I like the "Been there, done that" look.

jb 8)

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I took a chance and bought a used ATI Commander sized 1911 for cheap last summer. It is pretty tight and seems to run well. The only gripe was it shot low, which I can't stand. I took a measurement and milled the front sight down and fixed it right up. I replaced the recoil and firing pin springs with some Wolff replacements.
Figure it will be a good "rough use" pistol.
I prefer to use a 1911 but don't always want to subject my nicer examples to harsh use or to leave in my truck at work.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
765x53
Senior Levergunner

Post by 765x53 »

Turks make some very fine firearms. But, I won't trade with Mohammedans.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

I have heard great things about the TISAS products as well -- better made and fitted than the Armscor line from the Philippines, especially at the lower end of the price range.
I have a Yildiz .410 side-by-side from Academy that is extremely well made.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

After a little snooping around I found they also sell a TISAS Regent 1911 compact that's a 4" barrel, 8+1 capacity, and has some other great features like better trigger, sights, beavertail safety, and ambidextrous safety. It sells at Bud's for $370, and I think I'm going to do some serious consideration on buying it. All my other 1911 style guns are full sized, and I'd really like a compact .45 pistol.
But I'll have to wait for now as they're out of stock. I signed up to be notified when they get more.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

SightHunter has a Yildiz over and under from Academy. Nice shotgun. Good wood to metal fit, and it will not close if a sheet of notebook paper is inserted. Very tight.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

I'm really picky with my guns and rarely buy any cheap stuff, but I was really taken with the fit and finish on these pistols. Only complaint is the safety is a little loose. Looks like it needs a new safety plunger and or spring. Other than that, I feel like I've been toting my old Ithaca around. I used to carry that old gun everywhere, still want to replace it someday but this will do for now.

jb 8)