For a litte pocket money ...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

For a litte pocket money ...

Post by Bill in Oregon »

stretch
Advanced Levergunner

Re: For a litte pocket money ...

Post by stretch »

That one in the picture would make one helluva nice pair of boots! :D 8)

-Stretch
wm
Senior Levergunner

Post by wm »

If I was in Florida …… I'd give a try.

But with pistol not a hook. Seems like the ideal use for a Taurus Judge.

Wm

P.S. Is there a market for snake skin? I assume there is but how do you sell it? And what is a good recipe for Python?
wm
Senior Levergunner

Post by wm »

You can find anything on the internet!

Poached Garlic Python Steaks

http://wildlifetrapper.com/python-recipes/
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Yes, it would make a nice pair of boots!
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I've had 2 red tail boas, 2 rainbow boas,a Kenyan sand boa, Florida king snake, and a Burmese python. The python was 3 years old, 9 foot long, would eat 5 rats a week! I was late feeding him once, he struck at me and broke 1/4" plexiglas when his head hit his enclosure. He went off to a reptile zoo soon after! I knew a guy with a 14 foot reticulated python- couldn't trust that thing as far as you could throw it !! Almost as nasty as a bull snake!!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Down in Panama, it behooved one to walk in the street at 0200hrs after the NCO club closed. All kinds of snakes ruled terra firma after dark. The up side was zero stray cats, and no rats or mice problems.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I really think snakes are cool, and had over 200 as 'pets' from age 6 to 18, including hatching some from eggs (Ringnecks, Black Rat Snakes, Milk Snakes), and live births (Northern Garter, Rainbow), and the sac-birthing (Copperheads). Snakes are cool, and I don't fear them, as long as I can take reasonable protection from the venomous ones.

HOWEVER......there are ones in tropical countries that will just kill you outright within a minute or so, due to their venom being so nasty. Those I'm really glad aren't around where I live...!

The other ones that are not venomous, but are just huge and muscular, are creepy too. I've handled Black Rat Snakes over 6 ft long, and if they wrap around you you can feel their strength, but I'd not be afraid to let one loop around my neck or torso, because they are wimpy enough that a reasonably strong adult could EASILY unwrap them, or if that proved difficult, start disassembling them with your fingers - once their head and torso are in separate pieces I think they get fairly ineffective in constricting. BUT a six foot python or similarly-built snake, is the diameter of your THIGH, instead of the diameter of a 30 caliber suppressor....and VERY strong.... Get longer than that, and I'm thinking you'd better have a firearm, or at minimum a knife, if one of them gets around your torso or neck.

I wonder what the smallest tropical snake is that has killed a healthy adult human...?
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I wonder what the smallest tropical snake is that has killed a healthy adult human...
Coral snake?? It's also known that baby rattlers, and such carry full strength venom....

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Blaine wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:59 pm
I wonder what the smallest tropical snake is that has killed a healthy adult human...
Coral snake?? It's also known that baby rattlers, and such carry full strength venom....
Yep. You're right about those.

I was thinking of the constrictors though.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

No information, but they sure get big enough to do the job.
D. Brian Casady
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Blaine wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:23 pm Down in Panama, it behooved one to walk in the street at 0200hrs after the NCO club closed. All kinds of snakes ruled terra firma after dark. The up side was zero stray cats, and no rats or mice problems.
You bring up an excellent point with the animal shelters facing over population problems that might be a way to kill 2 birds with one stone. Unwanted cats could be used for bait to lure the over sized reptiles out of hiding so they could be caught and disposed of.
I wish some of y'all would come down and catch some of these things. Florida is being over run with invasive species from all over. In south Florida there is also a problem with iguanas multiplying and doing damage to things in the areas they inhabit. From piles and piles of feces to the tunnels they dig under roads and sidewalks.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Advertise in Arkansas. Tell them it tastes like chicken. :lol:
D. Brian Casady
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

Blaine wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:23 pm Down in Panama, it behooved one to walk in the street at 0200hrs after the NCO club closed. All kinds of snakes ruled terra firma after dark. The up side was zero stray cats, and no rats or mice problems.
Most people that I recall were unable to walk after the NCO club closed at 0200. Never happened to me, of course. :lol:
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

Rusty wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:21 am . In south Florida there is also a problem with iguanas multiplying and doing damage to things in the areas they inhabit. From piles and piles of feces to the tunnels they dig under roads and sidewalks.
I wonder if pythons will eat iguanas?
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

jnyork wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:35 pm
Most people that I recall were unable to walk after the NCO club closed at 0200. Never happened to me, of course. :lol:
And, up at 0600 for PT....It was great being young and in good shape. :idea:

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV