Stopped by to say hello...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Hobie

Stopped by to say hello...

Post by Hobie »

As the old timers know I have not been by here often. Life changes and other responsibilities have prevented much activity on my part in the forum. I hope all are well.

Unfortunately, I've had several complaints about the behavior of a couple of people on the forum. This is really disappointing. While we seem to care less about the opinions others have of us as we age it is my opinion that we are no less responsible for our behavior towards others. Obscenities, base accusations, name-calling and off-forum threats are not acceptable behavior. Besides being offensive to the parties involved, it makes the forum an unpleasant place for other participants and a place they would not want their family members to visit. Such behavior also reflects poorly on the firearms hobbyist community.

We are having a political fight of our lives here in VA. The fight is spreading. I would hope that every forum member would bear in mind that their behavior reflects on us all as they post. If this isn't possible the administrators will take action to remove all such from the forum.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Stopped by to say hello...

Post by Nath »

Hello. H. Good to hear from you.

N.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Hobie, glad you stopped by, and thank you for reminding us all that we are supposed to act as gentlemen and friends here. Hope you are not forced to take additional steps.
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

Hello friend!
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Nice to hear from you again. Good luck in the fight for your Constitutional Rights there in Virginia.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Welcome back to the fire Hobie, I've missed your input, hope the politics in your neck of the woods work out in your favour . :wink:
I bet Gen. Robert E Lee would be turning in his grave.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

A welcome return...thanks for showing up. 8)
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
wm
Senior Levergunner

Post by wm »

Even the best of friends can rankle each other.

The trick is honestly knowing the difference between making a point and making things personal. Some call it tact. Some call it wisdom. And some do not know what I am talking about.

Wm
claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Post by claybob86 »

Hi, Hobie! Glad you stopped by! :)
Have you hugged your rifle today?
alnitak
Senior Levergunner

Post by alnitak »

Hobie! It has been a long time! Good to see you here again.

As a fellow Virginian I am appalled and concerned about the attitude in VA now. Just like Colorado, where the libs from CA moved into Denver and took over the state, the same is happening in northern VA, even in my Loudoun county. What I don't get is the Newport News area with all the military there. Republicans control 95% of the geography, but Dems out vote us in the cities. A crisis is upon us ... I just hope the courts can save us from the liberal derangement!

Take care my friend, and keep up the fight!
"From birth 'til death...we travel between the eternities." -- Print Ritter in Broken Trail
historicfirearms
Levergunner

Post by historicfirearms »

Hobie, glad to hear from you. As a new member I have been doing a bunch of reading old threads here. I can tell that this is a very good bunch of people here. Most other firearms forums are full of arrogant know it alls. This group truly feels like they are here to share and learn. Unfortunately, people are getting worse at showing manners online. Im not sure what the cause is. But, just remember that there are real people on the other end of the conversation and treat them like you would in a face to face talk.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

historicfirearms wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:53 pm Hobie, glad to hear from you. As a new member I have been doing a bunch of reading old threads here. I can tell that this is a very good bunch of people here. Most other firearms forums are full of arrogant know it alls. This group truly feels like they are here to share and learn. Unfortunately, people are getting worse at showing manners online. Im not sure what the cause is. But, just remember that there are real people on the other end of the conversation and treat them like you would in a face to face talk.
Correct on all counts 8) welcome to the fire..... :D
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

It’s good to hear from an old friend.
Twodot
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Twodot »

I, for one, have been wondering "Why don't he write?"
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Benjamin Franklin said it best: "if we don't hang together, we will, most assuredly, hang separately". The gun control leftists have tried to separate the gun community for years. Virginia is now the main battleground in what will be coming to all communities if we do not unite to defeat this. No matter how safe you feel your state, region, town, county - whatever - is now, Virginia should be your wake-up call.

The statists are counting on several things: people being too busy working and living their lives, too much to lose to stand and fight, and us as a group not caring if our own ox isn't being gored. That last one must be dispelled for good.

We can do our own little part here by being friendly with all, polite and respectful, and welcoming. The more our ranks swell, the more we will be able to resist the constant onslaught of the left and fight the growth of apathy on our side.

Welcome back Hobie. I'm sorry so much is happening in your life; I know this myself (different things, similar results as it applies here).