I`ve had enough, laugh laugh

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

I`ve had enough, laugh laugh

Post by Pitchy »

Tell ya fellers i`ve ad enough for a while, ya come here and there`s this thread by a few people that think they`er better than what the board can offer and i`m tired of it.
Like Monty says you don`t know how little i care.
I`m sick of people here that call ya a best friend but they can`t pick up the phone and call ya because they think they are better than me.
I`ve called them half a dozen times but that doesn`t matter.
As i post this i`m sure there will be those those that will post and call me thin skinned and all that BS , well screw them i don`t worry to much about those that say that because that`s of they`er own problems
I`ve posted many interesting things on this board and i thank those that replied, the heck with all the rest, i`m right about everything :lol:
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Re: I`ve had enough, laugh laugh

Post by Tycer »

You’re still thin skinned?
At least I am consistent. :lol:
Thanks for all the good you do Len. I enjoy your creativity!
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I see no real reason for the separate forum within a forum, if you have something interesting to say put it out for general or political discussion, Facebook, I believe is for BS and gossip.
Hobie said when he deleted the M1 Garand (camp fire) post it's killing the forum. If we loose Levergunners like Pitchy I'm inclined to agree.
I sincerely hope that Lenn aka Pitchy continues to post here as without his input this place would be even duller than it has lately become.
I have no hard feelings to anyone here and consider everyone a friend, I am just voicing my humble opinion.
Gamekeeper.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
bikerbeans
Levergunner 1.0

Post by bikerbeans »

Pitchy,

I love reading your posts. I don't comment much because I don't have your skills.and therefore can't lend much to the discussion. I do hope you stay active on this site.

BB
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I must be one of the thick-skinned ones, because I don't get the point of the post; I must miss all the drama.

'Splain it to me if ya want, but even then I probably will be too thick-skinned to care much.

I read threads I find interesting and don't read ones I don't find interesting, and if a thread annoyed or insulted me somehow I'd probably not read it either.

I come here for the levergun info and stories, other outdoor, gun, and hunting stuff, and camaraderie, and like-minded political venting; I kind of tune out drama.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

I'm confused too? Is this a soap opera?
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

What I would like to know is how does the Gun Room post bother anybody? No one is excluded and everyone is invited. It's nothing more than continual talk about everyday life but combined into one thread instead of a million other threads. To an intelligent person, it makes sense instead of slopping up the board with a thousand posts that don't have substance.

The "regulars" in the Gun Room contribute and freely give away their knowledge on many posts here.

We all know who does the complaining in the world of politics........can you say s-n-o-w-f-l-a-k-e........I thought we were all grown men here........what do the moderators have to do, have a "safe thread" off to the corner where the ones who feel "left out" can cuddle their teddy bears and sip hot chocolate?

Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

I`m going to reply one time, first about being called thin skinned imo it`s the people that call someone that are the thin skinned ones that can`t understand that a person is going through a hard time and have a little compassion.
As far as boards inside the board that`s not really my point, have at it if that`s what lights your board , i only read the first page and so be it.
My main point is about people that call ya a good friend but can`t take the time to call me is kinda hurtful seeing i`ve took the time to call them several times, to me a friend would so.
I`ve been going through some very hard times with family and now for a long time have been kept from doing things i like to do because of hip issues but still try and make it to the shop and make things for you guys to see, i`m wondering if maybe i`m screwing up the board by doing so.
That`s all i have to say about it and will not partake in any arguments, thanks for the positive replies. :)
Lenn.
Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Sixgun Sr wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:01 am What I would like to know is how does the Gun Room post bother anybody? No one is excluded and everyone is invited. It's nothing more than continual talk about everyday life but combined into one thread instead of a million other threads. To an intelligent person, it makes sense instead of slopping up the board with a thousand posts that don't have substance.

The "regulars" in the Gun Room contribute and freely give away their knowledge on many posts here.

We all know who does the complaining in the world of politics........can you say s-n-o-w-f-l-a-k-e........I thought we were all grown men here........what do the moderators have to do, have a "safe thread" off to the corner where the ones who feel "left out" can cuddle their teddy bears and sip hot chocolate?

See? Ya just have to get real nasty with anybody that disagrees with ya. You can dish out the "stuff" but can't take it. And, your Pet/Trained Moderator protects you from any stiff wind. Take your Gun Room and go elsewhere, please, and take your Moderator with you.
You guys can set up your own gunroom with this software, and be as nasty and racist as you want. https://www.phpbb.com/
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

I guess I am fortunate never to have set foot in that thread. I come here to relax, laugh and be amazed -- and often at Pitchy's wonderfully inventive projects.
Y'all have a good day.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Bill in Oregon wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:41 pm I guess I am fortunate never to have set foot in that thread. I come here to relax, laugh and be amazed -- and often at Pitchy's wonderfully inventive projects.
Y'all have a good day.
Same here.
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

"What I would like to know is how does the Gun Room post bother anybody? No one is excluded and everyone is invited. It's nothing more than continual talk about everyday life but combined into one thread instead of a million other threads. To an intelligent person, it makes sense instead of slopping up the board with a thousand posts that don't have substance. "

Makes sense to me....

"My main point is about people that call ya a good friend but can`t take the time to call me is kinda hurtful seeing i`ve took the time to call them several times, to me a friend would so."

Not sure who didn't call you, but unsure what that has to do with the rest of us, the 'Gun Room' thread, or Sixgun Sr/Jr/whoever....

"I`ve been going through some very hard times with family and now for a long time have been kept from doing things i like to do because of hip issues but still try and make it to the shop and make things for you guys to see, i`m wondering if maybe i`m screwing up the board by doing so."

Bunches of us here have had 'very hard times', and some of us get solace from fellow lever gunners, and some get it elsewhere, and some unfortunately don't get solace at all. I didn't know that it was a contest to see who had the hardest times, or got the least solace....

"See? Ya just have to get real nasty with anybody that disagrees with ya. You can dish out the "stuff" but can't take it. And, your Pet/Trained Moderator protects you from any stiff wind. Take your Gun Room and go elsewhere, please, and take your Moderator with you."

Not sure what was "nasty" about the post referenced, other than pointing out some truthful facts. Doubt anyone has a 'pet/trained' moderator, and completely unsure how it is that the 'Gun Room' thread appears in a pop-up window somehow without the reader consciously opening it....if I don't like the contents of a thread I just don't open it or participate in it.....is that wrong....???

"I guess I am fortunate never to have set foot in that thread."

I've set foot in the dreaded thread, and saw things about trucks, wood-splitters, and so on, but must have missed the hateful, nasty, awful, evil stuff somehow.

"I come here to relax, laugh, and be amazed - - and often at Pitchy's wonderfully inventive projects."

I TOTALLY agree, and like the projects. Every few months life's challenges seem to get Pitchy down, and that happens to many of us. We TRY to help and support each other through such times, even though it is difficult via 'internet' (or even phone calls), but if he needs a break, that's cool. Not his fault. He's not being a snowflake, but whatever he needs we aren't collectively providing. That's ok. HOWEVER, it isn't our fault, either. We are just men who like leverguns, and none of us are perfect (...I know, I'm close....)

Carry on, Pitchy - take a break if you need to. If you were my neighbor I'd probably be a good friend and we would help each other through life's bad spots.

Carry on Sixgun - not sure what you did that was bad, but I think you're an ok dude - wish you were my neighbor too - we'd have tons of fun.
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

AJMD429 wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:20 pm "What I would like to know is how does the Gun Room post bother anybody? No one is excluded and everyone is invited. It's nothing more than continual talk about everyday life but combined into one thread instead of a million other threads. To an intelligent person, it makes sense instead of slopping up the board with a thousand posts that don't have substance. "

Makes sense to me....

"My main point is about people that call ya a good friend but can`t take the time to call me is kinda hurtful seeing i`ve took the time to call them several times, to me a friend would so."

Not sure who didn't call you, but unsure what that has to do with the rest of us, the 'Gun Room' thread, or Sixgun Sr/Jr/whoever....

"I`ve been going through some very hard times with family and now for a long time have been kept from doing things i like to do because of hip issues but still try and make it to the shop and make things for you guys to see, i`m wondering if maybe i`m screwing up the board by doing so."

Bunches of us here have had 'very hard times', and some of us get solace from fellow lever gunners, and some get it elsewhere, and some unfortunately don't get solace at all. I didn't know that it was a contest to see who had the hardest times, or got the least solace....

"See? Ya just have to get real nasty with anybody that disagrees with ya. You can dish out the "stuff" but can't take it. And, your Pet/Trained Moderator protects you from any stiff wind. Take your Gun Room and go elsewhere, please, and take your Moderator with you."

Not sure what was "nasty" about the post referenced, other than pointing out some truthful facts. Doubt anyone has a 'pet/trained' moderator, and completely unsure how it is that the 'Gun Room' thread appears in a pop-up window somehow without the reader consciously opening it....if I don't like the contents of a thread I just don't open it or participate in it.....is that wrong....???

"I guess I am fortunate never to have set foot in that thread."

I've set foot in the dreaded thread, and saw things about trucks, wood-splitters, and so on, but must have missed the hateful, nasty, awful, evil stuff somehow.

"I come here to relax, laugh, and be amazed - - and often at Pitchy's wonderfully inventive projects."

I TOTALLY agree, and like the projects. Every few months life's challenges seem to get Pitchy down, and that happens to many of us. We TRY to help and support each other through such times, even though it is difficult via 'internet' (or even phone calls), but if he needs a break, that's cool. Not his fault. He's not being a snowflake, but whatever he needs we aren't collectively providing. That's ok. HOWEVER, it isn't our fault, either. We are just men who like leverguns, and none of us are perfect (...I know, I'm close....)

Carry on, Pitchy - take a break if you need to. If you were my neighbor I'd probably be a good friend and we would help each other through life's bad spots.

Carry on Sixgun - not sure what you did that was bad, but I think you're an ok dude - wish you were my neighbor too - we'd have tons of fun.
Then you are not paying attention, or no longer care about: "Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely."
And I say that as someone who Hobie had to whip into shape.
So, if you condone nasty, personally offensive, racist posts, by all means hold to your opinion.

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

"Then you are not paying attention, or no longer care about: 'Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.'"

I care, so must just be remiss in my attention.... :wink: ....can anyone link to the post(s) for those of us who missed the drama...???

Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

AJMD429 wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:40 pm "Then you are not paying attention, or no longer care about: 'Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.'"

I care, so must just be remiss in my attention.... :wink: ....can anyone link to the post(s) for those of us who missed the drama...???
I'm personally done pointing out the problems....The Pet Mod has been deleting my posts to those. I'm not giving up hope. Remember Ji? He got sick of the racist posts against "Japs"....I'm not certain if we have other minorities in our groupe, but they would be equally upset...That's not being a snowflake, that's being courteous. If anybody is unaware, the opposite of PC is NOT! intentially rude, or racist.

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

You guys are a hoot.

:lol:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

FWiedner wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:42 pm .

You guys are a hoot.

I guess this makes 2 threads I lost interest in long before they got deleted....
If I wanted drama I'd start smoking so I could get all the gossip at break.

How about some leverguns?
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

vancelw wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:55 pm

You guys are a hoot.

I guess this makes 2 threads I lost interest in long before they got deleted....

Yet, here you are again. I know for a fact that you will not tolerate a rude wind in your face, but I guess since you're not in the barrel you don't care?? :P

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
Bronco
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bronco »

G. Custer to his second in command : "I don't see any Indians" :mrgreen:
Might as well have a laugh here
Gettin old ain't for sissies!
There just has to be dogs in heaven !
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Just saying it is far easier in Internet forums to be snippy, superior or dismissive than it is to be the "angels of our better nature." I see it in myself sometimes, and at the end of the day, that conduct does not get me any gold stars with the Author of the Universe.
I have been on forums where a handful of posters "on the same wavelength" inadvertently end up as a clique and may or may not know they are rubbing bystanders the wrong way. This happened over on the Shiloh Sharps forums a few years back and I decided to quit the place rather than be irritated. But the fact is I then missed out on their posts and they missed out on mine -- and yes, we ALL had something to contribute.
Not asking people to be huggy care bears here as we are all adults. But you know what? It's not that hard to have compassion for all the posters in a forum as this da**ed Internet is a really crippled way for humans to interact.
My thought for the day, worth no more than what I paid for it. :lol:
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

Blaine wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:01 am

You guys are a hoot.

Yet, here you are again. I know for a fact that you will not tolerate a rude wind in your face, but I guess since you're not in the barrel you don't care?? :P
Take your meds, Blaine .. .

If you come to an internet forum seeking validation, you WILL be disappointed.

No one knows or cares what you and Pitchy are whining about.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

vancelw wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:03 am
Blaine wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:01 am

You guys are a hoot.

Take your meds, Blaine .. .

If you come to an internet forum seeking validation, you WILL be disappointed.

No one knows or cares what you and Pitchy are whining about.
Thanks, and noted. :lol: :lol:

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I guess it is just from too many years of working retail corporate pseudo health care, but I just did not really notice what is going on. I tune out so much that I am inadvertantly appearing to be uncaring. Got yelled at by a customer the other night for not noticing her fast enough---or something like that. I didn't actually listen to what she was ranting about.

If you PM me, I will focus on what you say. I do not have any enemies on this forum, and I do have some friends. One or two times I have been annoyed, but not all that much. There is no need to even point out who it could have been as it would not do any good. If you need someone to listen, or just hold the phone while you vent, PM me and I will send you my phone number.

I had a serious health scare back in August, and I am still trying to get back to where I should be. That sort of got me re-focused on priorities. Just from personal experience, having Paramedics do CPR on you while you are coming to room temperature is not something I recommend. It has affected my memory. Short term is fine, and things from about 30 years ago or less are fine, but older memories are seriously misplaced. I remember waking up in the hospital, looking at the monitor showing my BP at 62 over 28, pulse at 41, and wondering where I was and how I got there. I was told that I had been answering questions, and seemed completely lucid, just no movement at all. Not even my eyes. It was from a bad reaction to Ciprofloxacin. I was texting with my oldest friend the other day, and he reminded me of some things. It was as if a computer had been unable to find the file where something was stored, then it suddenly opened. The flood of images, sounds, and smells was dizzying. In the last two days, I have had 5 episodes like that. That should help explain why I am not aware of a bunch of the drama or whatever you want to call it.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

I guess this shows how out of touch I am. I thought the "Gun Room" thread was about people's gun rooms!! I just avoided it because mine is a mess.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

marlinman93 wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:41 am I guess this shows how out of touch I am. I thought the "Gun Room" thread was about people's gun rooms!! I just avoided it because mine is a mess.
Hahaha! :D
That is why I am on this forum. To have some fun and get enjoyment from like minded people.
Guess I too am obtuse. I am oblivious to any drama or undercurrents. That being said, I'm not the least bit insecure and need nobody's approval.
My only observation is that until this thread was posted, I saw no drama since the last thread like this.
I try and not offend anyone here and sincerely hope I haven't. If so, I apologize.
I don't look at every post or every thread here. There is no hidden message there, it is just circumstantial.
Quite honestly, I don't have time for drama. I don't have it in my home, don't participate in it at work, and don't want to here. If you want to participate in a thread, by all means do so. If not, don't even open it. I feel it is just that simple. This is, after all, just the internet.
I held off posting on this thread, but Marlinman's post just cracked me up. :D
I had to acknowledge that. The rest you can ignore if you like. :D
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

marlinman93 wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:41 am I guess this shows how out of touch I am. I thought the "Gun Room" thread was about people's gun rooms!! I just avoided it because mine is a mess.
Apparently so is ours.
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction.
The world will have a generation of idiots.
Albert Einstein.

See ya fellers.
Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

"Quite honestly, I don't have time for drama. I don't have it in my home, don't participate in it at work, and don't want to here. If you want to participate in a thread, by all means do so. If not, don't even open it. I feel it is just that simple. This is, after all, just the internet."
Yep....!

The internet is not a place to come for nurturing or 'human interaction'. Maybe sad, but true.

I hope the best for Pitchy and everyone else here, but if what's on this forum isn't floating the boat, then you got to find another lake - no hard feelings.

Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

AJMD429 wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:16 pm "Quite honestly, I don't have time for drama. I don't have it in my home, don't participate in it at work, and don't want to here. If you want to participate in a thread, by all means do so. If not, don't even open it. I feel it is just that simple. This is, after all, just the internet."
Yep....!

The internet is not a place to come for nurturing or 'human interaction'. Maybe sad, but true.

I hope the best for Pitchy and everyone else here, but if what's on this forum isn't floating the boat, then you got to find another lake - no hard feelings.
:wink: Got it.
No more Happy Birthdays
No more words of support among friends that are sick, injured or mourning the death of a loved one or special pet.
No more passing along hundreds of dollars of medicine when the user was allergic to it but realized that to someone else it would be a Godsend.
No more friends doing favors for others like doing footwork, phonework and a 90 mile round trip to set up a gun buy at Cabelas.
No more Levergun meet-ups for coffee or a meal.
No need to disapprove of overt racism or language that is not family friendly.
Yep, the internet is just the unfeeling internet....
Not at all like the family this forum used to be.
But, a few of us human beings will hang on. So many others have moved on down the line to "other lakes" due to the way things have gone of late around here.

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Let's summarize:

We've got the fellow who gets his feelings hurt, or feels like he's not getting the attention he deserves, or gets down in the dumps or whatever, so he threatens to quit the forum about every six months unless somebody steps up smooch his tuckus.

Then we've got a lawless forum within a forum that seems to be exclusive to the high-exalted forum poobahs or some exclusive class of secret hand-shake club, that anyone can enter or post in.

We've got complaints of biased moderators, racist members, mean un-caring ***'s and people who don't know how to return phone calls.

You're mean. No, I'm not. Yes, you are. Just plain mean. Poopy-head. Poopy-FACE. Uh-uh. Uh-HUH. Etcetera, etcetera.

Does that sum it up? Can we close the book on the semi-annual button-pushing?

Can't we all just... GET ALONG?

:shock: :lol: :lol:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

FW, "just get along" is the heart of the matter, isn't it?
Without knowing each others' back stories, it can be hard to do.
I did not have the privilege of wearing the uniform except in ROTC, and now I am way too decrepit to, but a close friend is very active in her local VFW post, and has taken me in on her I.D. as a guest a few times.
As we met several of the "comrades" there over a beer, I got a whispered sketch about why some of them were the way they are, and what they had been through in their lives that made them that way. It was a revelation. I was humbled.
My lightbulb clicked on and I realized that here was another life lesson. Until you know each person's back story and the burden they carry, you can't know why they say the things they do.
Here is the difference between this Leverguns forum and a VFW post. In the post, you see the person face to face, listen to their voice and accent, see the pain, fear, pride in their eyes, maybe see a scar or a missing limb, get a sense of the person. In the post, guys and gals go there because they entertain the hope that they will be understood in a way the civilian world can't possibly understand. It is a refuge, a good place.
This is not a VFW post. This is the civilian world. Isn't it too bad we can't make it a good place where we, Levergunners, have each others' six?
Just a thought. If you think I'm a pus*y and this is snowflake s**t, fine.
Y'all have a good day.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Wrong, Blaine.....we DO celebrate birthdays, puppies, and anniversaries, and we DO share the pain of death and loss here; a brief perusal of the past few month's threads demonstrate that.

Some are more prone to post a "prayers up" than others, and perhaps some never do - I don't keep a tally of such things.

Maybe sometimes we can find a member who isn't as cuddly and nice and nurturing, and point that out, or even find one who is just plain unkind. Again, I don't keep a tally, (and wonder why anyone would bother).

Enjoy the camaraderie of those who ARE kind and encouraging and comforting, but again, we are levergunners, not professional counsellors, and sometimes any one of us may be having our OWN bad day. We'd be the one at the VFW off in the corner looking distant and slowly sipping our beer, or we might be the one having a few too many and getting mouthy. But...who appointed any one of us to judge the other...?

If someone at the VFW rubs you the wrong way, do you try to get them expelled, or just deal with it, and accept the fact that not everyone is going to be on your list of close buddies...?

This is a good bunch here, and FWiedner put it sarcastically, but accurately.

Maybe we should start a "Drama" subthread and corral it off to one place....the DRAMA seems to irritate more non-participants than the "Gun Room" subthread does... :roll:
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I guess what I ment to express in my earlier post on this thread, is that we Levergunners have become a lot fewer, inevitable I know, I just thought that those of us left should stick together as one mixed up bunch of gun nuts and share whatever experience, knowledge or humor and exclude no one, no matter whether they were considered obnoxious, whiney or boring.
I'm on here everyday and try to read all the posts, replying to some if I can add something. I care not what topics come up, some are very interesting to me others not so much but it is the variety that makes this place so interesting. The General forum was was always fine but squabbles did break out from time to time, all part of the entertainment for me :lol: I always liked the Popcorn smiley . I suppose it has always been the case that certain Levergunners tend to agree with one another and some Levergunners don't, I can tell that the regulars on the Gun Room thread get on like a house on fire despite non stop leg pulling. I just hope this forum can continue and remain (warts and all) the best place on the net.
GK.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

What GK said. 8)
Just thinking of some of those who have left, or gone dark, or passed. Levergunner friend Threeleggedturtle stayed with me Friday night, and we talked guns non-stop. And then as I took him and his bike up Highway 70 through the Mescalero Reservation to Ruidoso so he can continue his journey east to Texas, the loss of our old friend Mescalero on this forum weighed heavily on us. We can send people away, or lose them to death; it is much harder to get them back.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Try to look at it from another perspective. If you’re judging people sitting behind a keyboard it is just pathetic.

You can never know what it like to be in someone else’s shoes.
Last edited by 2ndovc on Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Depression can certainly change the way a man behaves, I've had friends who have told me that they can't explain their own behaviour or feelings because of depression.
I count myself lucky to not have suffered with depression even with our UK gun laws.

Bill I too miss Mescalero, he was a very interesting guy, well who wouldn't be, owning a gold mine, his posts were always well worth reading. May he rest in peace.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

It seems that as with many internet forum talk, much can be misconstrued by the readers. One person might look at a response and not even notice any malice. Another may think it's the most horrible thing ever written! And then there's the guys who respond to everything, regardless of the subject matter, and those who rarely (if ever) respond. Which of those two is the good guy?
Like everyone's reaction in reading posts is different, so is everyone's reaction to what posts others respond to. I think it's best if some just push back from the keyboard when they read a response to a post, and just not reply if it made them unhappy or hurt their feelings. Sometimes answering just escalates things.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Sometimes, when God runs out of locusts, He'll plague us with Arseholes.... :|

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

hard to tell what the thread is actually about. I like Pitchy posting because he is very creative and has a good eye for proportion, things I am not. pain affects different people in different ways. forgiveness is the prime indication of God's Grace, and we all need more of it... that's all folks
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Grizz wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:12 pm hard to tell what the thread is actually about. I like Pitchy posting because he is very creative and has a good eye for proportion, things I am not. pain affects different people in different ways. forgiveness is the prime indication of God's Grace, and we all need more of it... that's all folks
Sadly, all too often, the only place one might espy Sympathy is between Sh*t and Syphilis in the dictionary.

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

OUCH... True Dat, but OUCH
Hawkeye2
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Hawkeye2 »

Pitchy, I hope you are still hanging around and see this. I didn't follow the Gun Room thread so i don't know what went on there.

This is the first forum I come to when I'm having my morning coffee and though I don't post here often I do enjoy it, guess I like the diversity of topics and the fact that they are tolerated and not just leverguns though I love them.

Pitchy you were gone for a while a couple of years back and you were missed. I really enjoy your posts about your projects and your ingenious solutions. I mean who would build a telegraph key or a coffee grinder out of wood using an angle grinder? My favorite was the board track motorcycle from a bicycle and a vintage engine. It's gotten so that I come here looking for your latest and am a little disappointed if I don't see anything. Hope you'll stick round. Stay warm by the fire and think up something new to show us.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Hawkeye2 wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:02 pm Pitchy, I hope you are still hanging around and see this. I didn't follow the Gun Room thread so i don't know what went on there.

This is the first forum I come to when I'm having my morning coffee and though I don't post here often I do enjoy it, guess I like the diversity of topics and the fact that they are tolerated and not just leverguns though I love them.

Pitchy you were gone for a while a couple of years back and you were missed. I really enjoy your posts about your projects and your ingenious solutions. I mean who would build a telegraph key or a coffee grinder out of wood using an angle grinder? My favorite was the board track motorcycle from a bicycle and a vintage engine. It's gotten so that I come here looking for your latest and am a little disappointed if I don't see anything. Hope you'll stick round. Stay warm by the fire and think up something new to show us.
Ditto.....Sadly, there's one fella in The Gunroom that drops little barbs into nearly every post. .... :( :( :(

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Blaine wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:11 pm.....Sadly, there's one fella in The Gunroom that drops little barbs into nearly every post. .... :( :( :(
.....maybe just don't read those posts or that thread....????

Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

AJMD429 wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:56 pm
Blaine wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:11 pm.....Sadly, there's one fella in The Gunroom that drops little barbs into nearly every post. .... :( :( :(
.....maybe just don't read those posts or that thread....????
It ran Pitchy Off.... :(

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV