Images from $20 "WiFi" 5mm Borescope/Endoscope

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Images from $20 "WiFi" 5mm Borescope/Endoscope

Post by Old No7 »

A little over 4 years ago, I'd posted some images on here from a $14.00 Borescope bought off ebay (click for link) that connected to a computer. You can see the quality of the images on that old link I posted.

The images below were taken this evening from a $20.00 ebay endoscope -- the main difference versus the other besides the price being that this one is WiFi and connects to your Smart Phone, and it has a 90-degree mirror, a small hook to maybe pull something small out, and a small magnetic pickup tool that could retrieve something small if its metal and the borescope can see it and reach it. Here's the ebay Link to 5mm 8-LED WiFi Borescope-Endoscope Camera for iPhone/Android/iOS (Click for link)

Get this...
The WiFi capability makes it EASILY PORTABLE -- so you could take this to the range, or to gun shops or gun shows!

The rechargeable battery pack is about the size of 2 AA batteries, and there's a small inline control with a bright/dim rolling switch for the LED lights and a button to take images. The images are saved to a folder within the App, but I went through all the ones I took and selected the best ones to keep, and then I took a screenshot of them for my phone's picture album. Not sure of how many images you can store on the App itself, but I will transfer them to the iPhone anyhow. It does still images or video.

The focal length of the 90-degree mirror is too long to be useful in a rifle barrel, but it seemed OK in a 12 gauge shotgun (no image of that below). The cable on this one is a little more stiff than the other, but I don't think that's an issue. I can imagine some other automotive, plumbing or other household applications for this scope/camera, especially since all you need is a phone to use it. You do need to load a free App on your phone, but that loaded quickly -- and as far as I know, they're not using that to spy on me! (It is from "you know where" across the pond after all...)

Pushing a clean cotton patch ahead of the borescope gives the LEDs something to reflect light back onto, adjusting the LED's brightness for the best view, and that helps you to view the lands and grooves without a mirror. Just be careful not to use a patch with a too heavy of a weave, or the reflection of that can look like pitting (as was noted on my 2015 posting with the other endoscope).

Here's the images...
( Click on any image to enlarge )

T/C .50 Cal Renegade of mine:
Breech after cleaning
TC Renegade bore 01.jpg

Old Navy Arms .58 cal Zouave my twin owns:
You can see the pipe cleaner coming in from the nipple hole/bolster
(And yup, I need to get a .58 cal scraper to get the corners!)
Zouave Bore 01.jpg

Yup, looks like I also need to use some JB Bore Polish about 3" above the breech as it's a little rough there...
Zouave Bore 02.jpg
Hope this helps someone out. Tight groups!

OId No7
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Images from $20 "WiFi" 5mm Borescope/Endoscope

Post by Tycer »

Excellent review. Thanks!
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com