Last Morning !!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Last Morning !!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by 6pt-sika »

Last morning of the Great Virginia Whitetail Wars in the AM !

Been carrying just a rifle for the last week or so . I think just in case I'll carry my little Mannlicher Schoenauer 6.5x54 MS and the circa 1954 Winchester Model 12 12 gauge 3" Heavy Duck chucked full of 00 Buck . One never knows when they might get stampeded by blood thirsty man eating deer :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
1894c

Re: Last Morning !!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by 1894c »

... :)
bambi-460_1008262c.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

It’s raining so I’ve written off the last day :roll:
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

6pt-sika wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:32 am It’s raining so I’ve written off the last day :roll:
That's when I use my bolt-action Ruger 77/44 - nothing on it that can rust or warp, and with a hat-brow to keep rain off my glasses, I'm reasonably rainproof for an old guy... :D
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I can wear rain gear and stay reasonably comfortable when needed. Just my experience, but the animals tend to stay bedded down when it rains heavy. Light rain may or may not affect their appetite.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

It's the 1st day of our doe season, until sometime in Feb. Its raining here too so I might go out later but I doubt it. Days like this I like to still hunt with my Benelli and buckshot. No worries with plastic stocks, chrome bore and that fancy exterior finish they used. It's been a bad season for hunters here- lots of rainy days.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

My choice in guns had nothing to do with it , I’m still fighting a tenacious cold/sinus thing . If I didn’t have that I’d have been out . My normal insulated coat and insulated pants are supposedly water proof and they’ve weathered all day storms on the Eastern Shore of Maryland several times with me coming out of the day DRY . That Model 12 got drenched one day earlier this season . Took it apart dried it cleaned it and oiled it judiciously and now it functions better than when I acquired it .
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

I also acquired an umbrella thingy that came with a used TreeLounge I bought off eBay . The thing works pretty well as long as there’s no blowing rain . But in a steady downpour it does get a little noisey from the drops hitting the fabric .