New Federal Self defense shot gun slugs ...... frangible by any other name is still frangible?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
wm
Senior Levergunner

New Federal Self defense shot gun slugs ...... frangible by any other name is still frangible?

Post by wm »

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/202 ... s-in-half/

Seriously, I can see where this makes sense for situations where over penetration is a concern. Like law enforcement …… you don't want to have a slug punch through and through a bad guy and hit someone else.

Wm
Pisgah
Senior Levergunner

Re: New Federal Self defense shot gun slugs ...... frangible by any other name is still frangible?

Post by Pisgah »

Frangible buckshot, not slugs.
wm
Senior Levergunner

Re: New Federal Self defense shot gun slugs ...... frangible by any other name is still frangible?

Post by wm »

Pisgah wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:55 pm Frangible buckshot, not slugs.

You're right …… I kind of skimmed through the article. Sorry about that.

Wm
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

I am not convinced.
Sounds like a bad idea to me.
You want smaller shot "fragments" start out with #4 Buck.
Too big? Try BB. I killed dogs at +30 yards with an 18" barrel 12 ga. using Magnum BB.

Then again, I am an old fanny burp with little faith
in most of the new and improved
stuff.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Another old fanny burp here who firmly believes it is easy to overthink this stuff.
But then, I kill turkeys with a 16-gauge, so what do I know? :lol:
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Not frangible... Fragmenting.

:wink:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I don't see the point.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost