Hmmmm.....to shoot, or not to shoot....?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Hmmmm.....to shoot, or not to shoot....?

Post by AJMD429 »

Looks like somebody has provided some handy aerial targets... :?

I don't think I would, partly because I'm sure it is illegal, but it would be tempting to take a drone up to check them out.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
wm
Senior Levergunner

Re: Hmmmm.....to shoot, or not to shoot....?

Post by wm »

Technology is redefining the limits and expectations of privacy in a very negative way.

Wm
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Those things would be So Done around here! We have several target shooters and a couple of ranges close by, we're loving some moving targets!!! :D

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

If they're over your property, they're invading your privacy. You have every right to bring them down. There is shotgun ammunition designed for the purpose.

I'm guessing that in this case, bringing one down would almost instantly identify the owner/operator.

:idea:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Possibly cattle rustlers, or those trying to catch them...?
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Two years ago there were complaints around here with drones flying in on people's backyards. My sister in law had one hovering over their kitchen skylight.

A month or so later my wife and I were hanging out on the patio and here it came...maybe 20 feet high. I was going to sixgun it out of the sky but for obvious reasons I didn't want 200 grain bullets flying in the air so I ran as fast as I could up the steps, in the house and grabbed a double barreled 12 ga that stays loaded with number 8's.....ran back outside to shoot it down and my wife says,"it's gone. You have a reputation around here and the owner probably knew it was you going in the house to get a gun."

Yes, I'll shoot it down and deal with the consequences later. EASY reason to the cops why you shot it down.....drones are known to be able to shoot guns......and we all have enemies. ----6
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

A few years ago some Dad shot one down that was hovering over his yard and videoing his teen daughters sunbathing. The pervertetrator showed up rather quickly.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Post by claybob86 »

piller wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:44 am A few years ago some Dad shot one down that was hovering over his yard and videoing his teen daughters sunbathing. The pervertetrator showed up rather quickly.
And then what?
Have you hugged your rifle today?
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Some of the drones on the market are quite cool! I've been toying with the idea of getting one to shoot video while I'm bird hunting. You can LOCK the drone on yourself, it flies by itself keeping you in screen all the time. I think this would be better than a GoPro on the dog- one of my buddies tried it. He was getting sea sick from watching the dog bouncing around!

However if there was one flying around my yard repeatedly I'd most likely feel inclined to grab my fowling piece.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
TraderVic
Levergunner 3.0

Post by TraderVic »

My son bought a drone when they first came out. Had it here at my farm, pretty cool, but I'm no techy, so it's a waste of time with me.
He's a structural engineer and found it useful to inspect the under side of bridges for bridge inspections.
Well, apparently the FAA now requires a drone operator to possess a pilot license to legally operate one of these things.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

One of those government agencies proclaiming to not know anything about these drones is lying. No private hobbyist has the money or time and technology to run that size drone in the numbers they quote. It's some government agency doing it, and they're not about to admit who or why it's being done.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Pretty interesting Piller........I've noticed in my semi old age that no matter what comes into the world, whether it's a machine, sport, or other forms, there's people who just have to screw it up for everybody else. -----6