Well?!?! Who got something good?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
wm
Senior Levergunner

Well?!?! Who got something good?

Post by wm »

I got 2000 rounds (4 bricks of different) of 22lr.

Made me happy ...... but rimfire ammo always does.

Kids liked the tools I got them. Actually think the girls (future daughters in law) were more excited about those then the boys.

Probably the last Christmas my boys will both be home for Christmas morning. But we are not dwelling on that.

Wm
JimT
Shootist

Re: Well?!?! Who got something good?

Post by JimT »

I was given A Salt Gun!
serveimage.jpg
I have already been hunting and bagged 3 so far!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
barbarossa
Senior Levergunner

Post by barbarossa »

I got a umarex Webley VI 177 cal pellet gun

AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Not exactly a 'gift', but I found a Ruger Security Six I thought I had sold back when everyone had them and they were taken for granted and cheap; now glad I kept it...!

I also realized I stashed some Johnny Walker Black Label; now I need to see if my palate can discern the difference from Red Label.... :D

I was gonna go out and cut firewood, but can't do that if I check out the Black Label, so I guess I'm doomed to sit inside and sip on that while read one of my Teddy Roosevelt books.... :mrgreen:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Stevie
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Stevie »

I got a three pound Hershey's candy bar....still pondering getting it eaten
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Nothing...it's Christmas everyday here...when I want something within reason, I get it.

Well, I guess you could say I'm getting a new air compressor tomorrow....my other one took a poop yesterday so it's off to Home Depot for a new Dewalt. Jay (Old Win) is paying for it. ---6
Ray Newman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray Newman »

"it's Christmas everyday here...when I want something within reason, I get it."
-- SixGun Sr.

Sounds much like me. But as I am going to fabricating a new shooting board, The Squeeze out did herself and gave me the VERITAS shooting Board Fence Guide and VERITAS shooting plane.

For those not-in-the-know 'bout such things:
https://www.leevalley.com/en-us/shop/to ... ting-plane
https://www.leevalley.com/en-us/shop/to ... ting-board

SixGun Sr.: luck with the compressor. I have an old Grainger/Dayton 25 gallon horizontal that is starting to show its age. Still kicking myself in the azz for passing up on new a made-in-the-USA (tank, motor, 2 stage compressor) Quincy 50 or 60 gallon vertical about 6-7 years ago. Opportunity knocked once and I did not hear it....
Last edited by Ray Newman on Wed Dec 25, 2019 5:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Grand Poo Bah WA F.E.S.

In real life may you be the bad butt that you claim to be on social media.
Camel73
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Camel73 »

About a 2 weeks ago I asked an uncle about a .22 that had been sitting for a while without use.
He had given me the old 3-7 Savage scope that was on it a year before that. I put it on another .22.
I was going to give it to my nephew but his dad wants to give him his first rifle....
Found out it's a Mossberg 352KB semi auto from 68-71 (no serial#, North Haven) with the original 7 shot magic magazine that has the moveable s-l-lr feed lips.
We thought the 2 mags for it were lost but I ended up finding one in a glass pickle jar with various.22 ammo tucked away in a dusty corner.
Factory fold down front stock and little finger grips for your trigger hand.
I never saw things like this on a older .22 before!
Cool.
Looks like I'm going shoppin for shorts.

A few days ago I'm in one of my favorite little gun shops to talk about grandpooba's cooey 600 bolt and noticed the used rack looked different from the previous visit a week earlier.
Upon closer inspection I find a squirrel stock Glenfield.
For me, this humble gem had been very high on my "to get" list.
It popped out of the pile and into my hand so suddenly it was like a dream lol.
22" barrel with hardly any blue left on it, full length magazine tube... The tops of the lines above the squirrel had been worn even with the stock from untold amounts of handling, yet the stock itself was in decent shape.
I was in love.
I questioned the shop owner and he said an attic find had been poured onto his counter 2 hours earlier.
My newly acquired 1968 Model 60 had been placed on the rack 30 mins before I walked through the door....
8)
I was so excited to get it home that I left my newsletter on the counter!
I'll have to throw it up next to the cooey so the rabbit and squirrel can hang out for a bit.

Merry Christmas to me!
My first child - '94 30-30
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

All I got was a sinus infection, always get the same thing for as long as I can remember!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

I’m exhausted. We got a puppy.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Well I woke up breathing and no difficulty getting around so I’d say that’s a stellar day :wink: My little cousin in s Texas gave me some Amazon cards which I thought was pretty nice , they’ll be turned into a book or two at some pointb 8)
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

I got some new clothes. Apparently Bubbles is tired of the baggy look after all the weight I've lost. One shirt was a real surprise though. Western style with rhinestone snaps. I've been walking around the place with one sixgun or another sticking out of a belt or pocket. Guess she's paying more attention than I thought. :D

El Chico Bandito bagged some wrapping paper! He was very happy about that.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Lumps of anthracite and bundle of blackberry briers...... :x
m.A.g.a. !
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

JimT wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 1:36 pm I was given A Salt Gun!
serveimage.jpg

Pretzels ?
m.A.g.a. !
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Ray Newman wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 5:28 pmThe Squeeze out did herself and gave me the VERITAS shooting Board Fence Guide and VERITAS shooting plane.
Good tools; I inherited a few similar ones I doubt I ever put to their full potential.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

PillHer got a Ruger PCC, our son got a Marble's type Safety Axe made by A.G. Russell. I got some tools that will come in handy.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

JimT wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 1:36 pm I was given A Salt Gun!
serveimage.jpg

I bought one of those for my brother in law a few years ago. He likes it but his his wife absolutely loves it. They have another version out now they call it the Bug A Salt 2.0 that is powerful enough to be used in the garden.
I bought Jr. a pair of electronic shooting muffs. These were from Cabelas and will magnify sound up to 7Xs. He says he can hear himself breath with them on. I figure they'll be handy in the tree stand.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
rossim92
Senior Levergunner

Post by rossim92 »

A heated hoodie with a rechargable power pack! :D I hate the cold!
Rossi 92 .357 lever , and a cz pcr 9mm
Henry .22 lever, Remington speedmaster 552 .22 lr
Marlin Glenfield .22 boltaction
gforce 12ga semi
Taylor's Tactical 1911 A1 FS in .45acp
winchester 1873 44.40
Marlin 336W .30.30
beeman sportsman rs2 dual caliber pellet rifle
henry .22 magnum pumpaction/octagon barrel
stag 5.56 m4 with reddot
bikerbeans
Levergunner 1.0

Post by bikerbeans »

A lighter wallet after buying for my wife and kids.

BB
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

bikerbeans wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:42 am A lighter wallet after buying for my wife and kids.

BB
:lol: :lol: :lol:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
bmtshooter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by bmtshooter »

I got to show my son - in - law how to bore sight his new bolt action rifle. His parents gave him a .308, his uncle from Australia gave him a scope, and we gave him ammo. I got to help him sight it in out in the pasture on Christmas day.

If we had tails, they would all be wagging. :D
NRA life member
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

My wife and I don't buy gifts for each other. Never have.
Besides.......she has me. :shock:
We had the whole gang over with their dogs. All except the youngest, his wife, and our grandson, who couldn't make it home from Kodiak this year. We facetimed with them.
We don't do a lot in the way of gifts but the kids got me Brownells gift cards so I'm happy. :D
I did buy myself this sweet early Ruger Flat Top from my buddy Sixgun. :D
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

We cooked a prime rib of pork and scalloped potatoes in the oven, weather here was crazy for Christmas (50*) so I put the spiral ham on the grill for 90 min to get hot. Son and Daughter came over with the four lunatic Grandkids.. :shock: .. food was great Kids had a blast opening gifts. after having worked in the retail meat business for 47 years My gift was retirement. Thank You Lord.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Since most of my spare time is taken up building a '39 Chevy coupe I bought in April this year, my gifts revolved around that this Christmas. Got a complete -AN line kit for the fuel system, and a new pair of heavy duty coveralls from my wife. But I did get a a Cabelas gift card from one of my daughters.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I got a GP Pointer to go with my metal detector, I will have to find some more interesting ground, all I find here is my old spent .22 shells... :lol:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

gamekeeper wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:29 am I got a GP Pointer to go with my metal detector, I will have to find some more interesting ground, all I find here is my old spent .22 shells... :lol:
Are you a Detectorist?
D. Brian Casady
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

piller wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 1:17 pm
gamekeeper wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:29 am I got a GP Pointer to go with my metal detector, I will have to find some more interesting ground, all I find here is my old spent .22 shells... :lol:
Are you a Detectorist?
No but it comes in useful when you lose small gun parts.... :wink:
1894c

Post by 1894c »

I gave my 14 year old green colored Spderco Endura knife to a rookie LEO, he showed up with a piece-o-junk knife (he asked me what I thought he should do with the junk knife...I just looked at him). Anyways, my wife gave me a Spyderco Manix-2 Lightweight in the translucent blue color (see stock photo) for Christmas, been looking at this knife for three years, weighs 2.5 ozs (I think), should be a good patrol option... MERRY CHRISTMAS... :)
spyderco-manix-2 lightweight.jpg
PS -- life is to short for a black scales only folder
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

.45colt wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:24 am We cooked a prime rib of pork and scalloped potatoes in the oven, weather here was crazy for Christmas (50*) so I put the spiral ham on the grill for 90 min to get hot. Son and Daughter came over with the four lunatic Grandkids.. :shock: .. food was great Kids had a blast opening gifts. after having worked in the retail meat business for 47 years My gift was retirement. Thank You Lord.
The weather has been odd around here for sure! Thought about pulling the grill out too, but Bubbles had everything ready. My mom sure was a great influence on this girl. Really learned how to put on a feast!

jb 8)

6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

OldWin wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:50 am I did buy myself this sweet early Ruger Flat Top from my buddy Sixgun. :D
I had a rather nice circa 1957 Ruger Blackhawk 44 Mag flattop . Sold it but kinda wish I had it back , one I had was 6 1/2” if memory serves .
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rube Burrows »

Not a lever gun but I have been wanting another .22LR for small game so I decided to get a CZ 457 LUX.

Now I just have to find the proper rings because the Warne High Rings I got are still too low to clear the iron sights.

7605C445-C580-4FE9-987D-251AD2F303CD.jpg
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Very cool!!

I have a CZ 452 in .22 Magnum that is amazingly accurate. It likes the heavier bullets and will put 5 rounds into a little ragged hole at 100 yds.

Have fun!!

jb 8)

Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rube Burrows »

2ndovc wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:02 pm Very cool!!

I have a CZ 452 in .22 Magnum that is amazingly accurate. It likes the heavier bullets and will put 5 rounds into a little ragged hole at 100 yds.

Have fun!!

jb 8)

I will most likely get a .22 magnum barrel for it also. The .22mag is one of my favorite rimfire calibers.

I was shooting tops off of Mt. Dew bottles at about 40 yards free handed with the irons on Christmas day. Cant wait to get it scoped up.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

30-30 wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:03 pm I gave my 14 year old green colored Spderco Endura knife to a rookie LEO, he showed up with a piece-o-junk knife (he asked me what I thought he should do with the junk knife...I just looked at him). Anyways, my wife gave me a Spyderco Manix-2 Lightweight in the translucent blue color (see stock photo) for Christmas, been looking at this knife for three years, weighs 2.5 ozs (I think), should be a good patrol option... MERRY CHRISTMAS... :)

spyderco-manix-2 lightweight.jpg

PS -- life is to short for a black scales only folder
I got PillHer one of the Spyderco knives with orange and black scales and a San Mai type of blade for her Birthday. She loves it. The blade is not stainless, but it takes and holds an edge that I find amazing. Everything she has used it on has taken a beautiful slice that looks like a fresh razor blade did it. I stropped it, but nothing more was needed.
D. Brian Casady
minish
Levergunner

Post by minish »

The rear sight on that CZ is easily removed, would that give you enough clearance to use your rings?
rossim92
Senior Levergunner

Post by rossim92 »

Rube Burrows wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:52 pm Not a lever gun but I have been wanting another .22LR for small game so I decided to get a CZ 457 LUX.

Now I just have to find the proper rings because the Warne High Rings I got are still too low to clear the iron sights.

cz is a dang good gun! :D

Rossi 92 .357 lever , and a cz pcr 9mm
Henry .22 lever, Remington speedmaster 552 .22 lr
Marlin Glenfield .22 boltaction
gforce 12ga semi
Taylor's Tactical 1911 A1 FS in .45acp
winchester 1873 44.40
Marlin 336W .30.30
beeman sportsman rs2 dual caliber pellet rifle
henry .22 magnum pumpaction/octagon barrel
stag 5.56 m4 with reddot
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rube Burrows »

rossim92 wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:43 pm
Rube Burrows wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:52 pm Not a lever gun but I have been wanting another .22LR for small game so I decided to get a CZ 457 LUX.

cz is a dang good gun! :D

Did you post a photo? I don't see one.
Mike Armstrong
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mike Armstrong »

I like AJM429's "gift". "Sixes" are my favorite handgun and they are very hard to find in CA (partly due to our stupid handgun "laws" and partly because most people who find one NEVER sell it). I like my plain blue 2 3/4" .357 "Service Six" the best, but you would have a hard time getting my 6" blue .38 Special "Security Six" away from me!

Have a great 2020 guys!

Mike Armstrong
wm
Senior Levergunner

Post by wm »

Mike Armstrong wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:40 am I like AJM429's "gift". "Sixes" are my favorite handgun and they are very hard to find in CA (partly due to our stupid handgun "laws" and partly because most people who find one NEVER sell it). I like my plain blue 2 3/4" .357 "Service Six" the best, but you would have a hard time getting my 6" blue .38 Special "Security Six" away from me!

Have a great 2020 guys!

Mike Armstrong
I've got a 2&3/4" stainless & a 4" blued 357 mag …… if I was reduced down to just those two revolvers for the remainder of my life, I think I could get along pretty darn well.

Wm

P.S. But I've always wanted to get a 9mm.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

A new Randall. I guess the wife didn't ask for it to be sharpened. I'll have to find some one to put a good edge on it. I use my Randalls.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

That's really nice! I've always wanted one but wondered if they were worth it. Spending that much on something that doesn't go bang has always made me hesitate.

jb 8)

jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

2ndovc wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 3:00 pm That's really nice! I've always wanted one but wondered if they were worth it. Spending that much on something that doesn't go bang has always made me hesitate.

jb 8)
Whether you're the sort to just brag about something or actually uses them like I do, they are worth it. It's more than the sum of it's parts. All I have used have balanced well, been very responsive and cut well and held an edge.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

jeepnik wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:01 pm
2ndovc wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 3:00 pm That's really nice! I've always wanted one but wondered if they were worth it. Spending that much on something that doesn't go bang has always made me hesitate.

jb 8)
Whether you're the sort to just brag about something or actually uses them like I do, they are worth it. It's more than the sum of it's parts. All I have used have balanced well, been very responsive and cut well and held an edge.
Not into wall hangers. Everything I have gets used, sometimes used hard and put up wet. Just wondered if they were up to the legendary status that some hold them to.

jb 8)

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Seasoned the De Buyer frying pan to match the Colt
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Shrapnel
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Shrapnel »

Gun Gods smiled twice on me...