"Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas"

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
octagon
Senior Levergunner

"Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas"

Post by octagon »

I'm a musician and have been in the music business most of my life. Back in college I was selling guitars from a little shop in Encinitas , Ca. One afternoon a lady named Elaine came in the shop wanting to buy some recording equipment to record her elderly friend, a pianist and songwriter who was very ill and whose time was short. I ordered the equipment to the tune of about 18-20 G' s, and called her for pickup when it arrived. As I was loading this gear into her car, I offered to set up and wire this stuff up for her after I got off work. She thanked me and gave me her phone # and address. I arrived at a fancy place near the beach and was led upstairs where 2 pianos were situated. Hanging over one piano was the most beautiful photo of Judy Garland, with a personal sentiment written by her. I'd been in love with her since childhood, and never saw a prettier picture.

As I was wiring up this set up, a little fella came walking slowly out of a bedroom wearing a robe over his pajamas, and slippers, obviously ill. We were introduced and I was told this was Hugh Martin, arranger and pianist for Judy Garland, and author of the famous Christmas Carol which titles this thread. With all gear now ready, he played and sang so I could set the input levels, giving them a setup that just required a few buttons to power the system up. We visited a bit, and I found this little fella to be a friendly and soft spoken gentleman.

A few weeks later, a couple came in the shop having trouble finding the music for "Over The Rainbow" not knowing if it was "Over...or Somewhere Over..." I told em no problemo, I KNEW Judy's pianist, and made a call...

I'll be playing Hugh's famous Carol tonight on my old classical guitar, as the Wife and kids decorate the tree..
Boys, I hope all you Levergunners Have Yourselves A Merry Little Christmas
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Re: "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas"

Post by .45colt »

Wow....Thank You. Merry Christmas to All.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Too often we forget the true meaning of the season. Merry Christmas to all!
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

A very Merry Christmas to you and your family. . . . . :D
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

[/size
MERRY CHRISTMAS PARDNERS
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS