Truck got keyed

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Truck got keyed

Post by jnyork »

I have a 2004 Dodge Ram 3500, 4wd, Cummins engine with 6 speed manual, I have raised it from a pup, never been out in the sagebrush, never been up in the rocks hunting elk, never used as a work truck. Just used it to pull my 5th wheel and haul household stuff. Really nice condition and I try to keep it that way, it has to last me until I dont need it any more.

Came out of the truckstop cafe noon Friday to find someone had keyed the side of my truck, *** got the driver side doors and the whole truck bed panel. Will not rub out, scratches are clear down to the primer. Got to call the insurance Monday and see what they say. Rips my knickers.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Truck got keyed

Post by Bill in Oregon »

That would rip my knickers, too. What kind of lowlife scum is this that crawls out from under rocks? :evil:
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Lots of people I know who had anything 'conservative' or 'Trump' on their vehicles got vandalized by the 'incluuuusive' and 'tolllllerant' and 'progresssssive' types the past few years.... :arrow:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

I'd like to catch one of these guys and key their face! Some years ago I spent a lot of personal time getting my '71 Camaro ready for paint, and then having the local shop paint it. The second time I drove it to a local car show I came back to leave, and some jerk had put a scratch right down the driver's door! No accident as the doors come to a peak, and the scratch was intentionally behind the peak a few inches below the window. Just like some clown thought it looked too good, so he fixed it.
I had to pay the same shop another $500 to fix and repaint the door.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Were you occupying more than one parking space?

Pretty common result.

:?
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Trailboss
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Trailboss »

I came out of a restaurant one time and as I walked up to my 15 year old work truck a man was walking toward the rear bumper with a key digging into my truck's paint. I stood at the front bumper watching him. When he got to the back, he turned around and saw me and he turned as white as a ghost. He quickly shuffled forward and hopped into the drivers seat of a newish black Mercedes, locked the doors and sat there staring straight ahead, not looking at me. The man was backed into his parking spot, unable to backup any further and with me standing in front of his car looking at him. I reached into my pocket and pulled out my swiss army knife and slowly opened the leather hole drill with it's sharp point. I jammed it into his hood and dragged it to the fender, over the fender and down into the middle of the fender, then walked the full length of his car, digging a scratch almost through the metal. When I reached the back I stopped and walked up to the jerks window. I stood there looking at him a bit and asked him if he would like to say anything. He never moved, just starred forward. I calmly got into my work truck and left. The following week I traded the truck in for a new one at work. It was time.

Later as I told my wife about the event, she says "so you were reverse witnessing again.". Ugg...it's hard to live in the world without becoming part of it.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Man, I'd to catch one of those lowlifes....'bout like I caught some guy at the grocery parking in a handicapped space... no tag or mirror tag... as the abled bodied sucker walked into the store, I asked him, if his handicap was emotional? As it certainly wasn't physical. No answer, except, ...I'm in a hurry". Since I was in uniform, in a marked squad car... I wrote him the $200 ticket!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

The temptation to deface or damage or destroy someone's else's property is beyond the pale of good sense and can be a dangerous game to play.

We were taught the so called golden rule at mom's knee and in sunday school and vacation bible school from a tender age. I never played any of the common vandalous shenanigans of my peers nor could i understand the motives of those who did.

There have been quite a number of posts here over the years of folk arrogantly boasting of their experiences of juvenile bullying and assaults and vandalism. I suppose scratching auto paint would not be out of character.
m.A.g.a. !
wvfarrier
Senior Levergunner

Post by wvfarrier »

Any chance the restaraunt or nearby stores have security cameras?
A bondservant of our Lord, Christ Jesus
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I took a video of someone keying a vehixle one tome and sent it to the police in that city. No idea what happened after that.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Seeing people park in handicapped spaces, or taking up 4 spaces is a common occurrence anymore. I was eating in a fast food place in Waxahachie one time, and came out to find someone had pulled so close to me that I couldn't fit between my vehicle and theirs, much less get in on my drivers side. I had to crawl in on the passenger side. I probably shouldn't have, but I did let the air out of their right front tire. The note as to why was left under their windshield wiper. There was not another vehicle to their left for 5 spaces. There was absolutely no reason for them to have blocked me in that way.
D. Brian Casady
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

AJMD429 wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:24 pm Lots of people I know who had anything 'conservative' or 'Trump' on their vehicles got vandalized by the 'incluuuusive' and 'tolllllerant' and 'progresssssive' types the past few years.... :arrow:
Sadly, there's no more NRA or state/local gun club stickers on mine any more for the same reasons..........

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
Thunder50
Senior Levergunner

Post by Thunder50 »

Like "pillar" I had a guy at the Post Office park so close to my drivers side, I had to climb thru the passenger seat. Saw the guy get out of his car and was "Really!!" . "How about moving your car over a bit". He turned and looked and told me "I don't see a problem, and walked away smiling".
Guarantee that if the space on his drivers side was open I would have returned the favor
The meek shall inherit the earth, but I reserve the mineral rights!
All the knowledge in the world, is of no use to fools! (Eagles-long road out of Eden)
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Most of the parking spaces are so GolDang narrow, that even if my truck is parked correctly, and the guy to my driver's side is parked correctly there is not enough room to open up enough to load groceries. I usually go way down to the end where everybody else is too lazy to park and give myself enough room. Not everybody drives a compact car. :roll: :roll:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
stretch
Advanced Levergunner

Post by stretch »

I personally think that people who key cars should have their dominant hands broken with
a dozen or so blows from a big ball peen hammer.

(I know, I know - very Old Testament, but there ya go.)

Keying cars is a juvenile, cowardly, low life activity.

-Stretch
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

We haven't put bumper stickers of any kind on any of our vehicles for years for that very reason. In all our years we've had 2 vehicles damaged at work. The wife's Crown Vic got keyed at a big city hospital, then at a smaller hospital she had driven my Nissan P/U to work one night and someone threw a brick through the back window. No reason for either people just being nasty.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Rusty wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:45 pm We haven't put bumper stickers of any kind on any of our vehicles for years for that very reason. In all our years we've had 2 vehicles damaged at work. The wife's Crown Vic got keyed at a big city hospital, then at a smaller hospital she had driven my Nissan P/U to work one night and someone threw a brick through the back window. No reason for either people just being nasty.
If it's nice some freakin' snowflake is envious... :evil: :evil:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Post by 1894cfan »

Just got to mention something my Dad did AGES ago somewhere in the southwest. One time he was driving down there and pulled into a gas station and one guy was being an a**hole. When the guy went in to pay for his gas, my Dad loosened TWO tire valve cores. I guess that guy learned a BIG lesson when he had two flat tires out in the middle of nowhere! My Dad usually carried metal valve caps with him wherever he went. :mrgreen: Gave me the one he carried before he passed back in '08.
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

do you have any stickers on you truck?
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

1894cfan wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:25 pm Just got to mention something my Dad did AGES ago somewhere in the southwest. One time he was driving down there and pulled into a gas station and one guy was being an a**hole. When the guy went in to pay for his gas, my Dad loosened TWO tire valve cores. I guess that guy learned a BIG lesson when he had two flat tires out in the middle of nowhere! My Dad usually carried metal valve caps with him wherever he went. :mrgreen: Gave me the one he carried before he passed back in '08.
I still have a couple of those. I also have a little tool that does that and more. A couple of years ago, those folks from Westboro Baptist Church were protesting at a soldiers funeral. When they returned to their church bus, someone had taped the valve cores to the windshield. The local police refused to do anything about it as all that was missing was air. I wish I could have been there to see it. It was just annoying, but nothing was damaged.
D. Brian Casady
coyote nose
Levergunner 2.0

Post by coyote nose »

piller wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:24 am I took a video of someone keying a vehixle one tome and sent it to the police in that city. No idea what happened after that.
Nothing
"...for there is a cloud on my horizon...and its name is progress." E. Abbey, 1958
model55
Levergunner 3.0

Post by model55 »

Relayed to me third hand, A co-worker had a problem neighbor who would always do things to his yard / vehicles once he was inside his home.It had gone on a while so he put up cameras in time to caught his neighbor key his truck just like in the original post He had him on film and the estimate for repairs was about three grand.He had the Sheriff's office confront the neighbor who agreed to pay up rather than go to jail. As I understood it because of the amount to fix the damage it was a felony. I'd suggest checking to see if it was caught on tape and go from there, nothing about paint and body is cheap anymore.Where I moved from it seemed like people just waited for others to break down so they could break out all the windows - some just go out of their way to be Adam Henrys .
1894c

Post by 1894c »

model55 wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 2:42 am some just go out of their way to be Adam Henrys .
Adam Henrys -- was he a signer on the US Constitution? I concur with model55, been on those calls, if there is direct evidence, a LEO has a case they can pursue. Personally I like to see these dirt-bags go to jail (and the Court, in most cases, will also insist on restitution), they usually cry all the way to the gray-bar-hotel... :O