Winchester 92 357

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
RustyJr
Levergunner 3.0

Winchester 92 357

Post by RustyJr »

I'm considering getting a 92 Winchester in 357 Magnum. Rossi no longer appears to currently manfacture one in 357. Has anyone had any experience or heard anythjng good or bad about the ones currently produced by Winchester?

Thanks,
RustyJr
Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Winchester 92 357

Post by .45colt »

gundownunder
Senior Levergunner

Post by gundownunder »

There are several at my local lever action club, and all are happy with them. They are well made, accurate guns. We use our 357s for paper target shooting out to 100 mts, and steel silhouette out to 200 mts. Jacketed bullets are too expensive over here for regular use so we all use cast bullets for most of our shooting, but they do well with either jacketed or cast. If I didn't have a Marlin Cowboy I'd grab a 92 Winchester with no hesitation.
Bob
You have got to love democracy-
It lets you choose who your dictator is going to be.
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

m.A.g.a. !
wm
Senior Levergunner

Post by wm »

I assume these are made by Mirouko of Japan? I think at this point with all the upheaval at Winchester that might be an indicator of more consistent quality. At least Mirouko has kept its craftsmen employed and not been laying off and calling back (which results in attrition as guys get fed up and move on to other jobs or just retire). But of course the proof will be in the pudding …… I look forward to hearing about your purchase. A 357 mag carbine is on my short list of '20 purchases.

Wm
Sevastopol
Levergunner

Post by Sevastopol »

I have a Miroku '92 Short Rifle in .45lc, and finish and function are excellent. Beautiful rifle. I don't see why one in .357 would be any different.