Javelina question for JimT

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
octagon
Senior Levergunner

Javelina question for JimT

Post by octagon »

Jim I recall you mentioning seeing javelina around Austin area a while back. I've never seen any east of Sonora Tx, though I've not hunted them in many years. Used to see them a lot on a big ranch across the I 10 from the Caverns. What is the furthest east of Sonora you have seen them?
JimT
Shootist

Re: Javelina question for JimT

Post by JimT »

I apologize if I gave the impression I saw Javelina around Austin.
I don't recall seeing any in this part of Texas. I am about 40 miles north of Austin.
octagon
Senior Levergunner

Post by octagon »

I expect its my memory at fault Jim. I try to remember to wear pants when leaving the house, keeping them zipped up is the real test.
Did see some javelinas as far north as Winters Texas, where my Dad used to run some cows.
JK622
Levergunner

Post by JK622 »

They are starting to move up into the SE Texas Panhandle. Quite a few around Matador.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Good tacos on the hoof... as it were.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I visit a good friend about half an hour south of Sedona....Those stinky critters run around there at night. They've been known to be unfriendly. The greens worry me more.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
octagon
Senior Levergunner

Post by octagon »

JK622 thanks for that info, I never thought they were near that far N in the Panhandle.
Welcome to our forum SIR, glad to have you. I had relatives in Childress long ago.
JK622
Levergunner

Post by JK622 »

Thanks. I've been a lurker here for quite a while. That info was given to us by the game warden. He even sent a couple of pics of javalina at the Matador Wildlife Mgmt area but I can't find em. We have to be careful now when huntin hogs to make sure which we are shooting at since there is a season and bag limit on javalina!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

About 15 years back, .maybe a little more, my younger brother was stationed at Fort Huachuca. He and his wife invited my parents to come visit. When my Parents got there, some javelina came through the front gate. My Mother started to get out of the car to take pictures. My Dad couldn't get her to listen. The gate guard had to blow his whistle to get her attention so that he could get her to stop. She just did not want to believe that those little pigs could hurt anyone.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost