M. M.'s Parker

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

M. M.'s Parker

Post by M. M. Wright »

For the last 6 weeks or so I've been lusting after this Parker gun. Finally broke down and spent the cash on it. 16 ga, 26" bbls on a 1 frame. I can't believe how well it fits me.
I've got some slugs and #1Buck so maybe I'll kill a doe with it.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Re: M. M.'s Parker

Post by 6pt-sika »

Very nice :!:
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Double barreled shotguns are the only style of shotgun that interest me. I can't comment on your Parker because I know little about "what's snazzy and what's not" other than the brand name goes a long way in putting your gun on a high pedestal. The 16 gauge is also a plus....as you know, everyone has a 12 gauge. :D

Only doubles I have are a pre war Winchester, a Lefever, and a nice engraved #2 Ithaca

I like the blue truck...let's see a whole picture. Can I have your truck? :D ---6
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

MM
Is that a coin finish on the action?
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
JRD
Levergunner 2.0

Post by JRD »

Nice gun.
What grade is it? The receiver suggests VH, but the buttstock suggests higher grade with the checkered panels and tear drops.
If it locks up tight and the barrels are sound then enjoy shooting it.
Jason
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Very nice, congratulations on a good find :mrgreen: I've admired Parker shotguns since I resleeved a few ( that didn't require it :roll: ) at Westley Richards.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Say now Ron that`s a beauty, congrats on getting it. 8)
What`s for Christmas :)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

JRD wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:40 pm Nice gun.
What grade is it? The receiver suggests VH, but the buttstock suggests higher grade with the checkered panels and tear drops.
If it locks up tight and the barrels are sound then enjoy shooting it.
Jason
It is a VH . Usually on a gun that normally doesn’t have the cheeks checkered and you find them that way it’s to kinda try and hide of the head has been pinned . Parker’s are notorious for head splits and being pinned to keep them together I’d say in my accumulation I have five or six that the heads have been pinned . Also have several that were in need of “pinning” but I had my stock maker friend do his magic and they’re stronger than when new .
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Sixgun Sr wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:42 pm

Only doubles I have are a pre war Winchester,
Model 21 ? We had a model 21 16 gauge skeet and skeet at the shop for repair a few years back . The gun could use some attention as the wood finish had Japanned but the blue was about 90% . Anyway I tried and tried to convince the owner to part with that gun but no cigar . In a 21 I find the 12’s to be a touch on the bulky side but that little 16 skeet felt very lively in my hands . But as anything else “what’s lively to one is a boat anchor to another” .
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

6pt-sika wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:05 pm Model 21 ?
6 Point....yep...model 21 Tournament Skeets in all 5 gauges master engraved and boxed by Ulrich and previously owned by John Phillip Sousa. ... :D

Na....just a real nice like new model 24, a meat and potatoes field gun.---6
yooper2
Levergunner 3.0

Post by yooper2 »

Very nice find. I've been shooting a pair of 16s this season for everything that flies. A Belgian Browning A5 with a polychoke and my grandad's old H&R. Having larger sizes of bismuth available has been great.

Eric
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Sixgun Sr wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:37 pm
6pt-sika wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:05 pm Model 21 ?
6 Point....yep...model 21 Tournament Skeets in all 5 gauges master engraved and boxed by Ulrich and previously owned by John Phillip Sousa. ... :D

Na....just a real nice like new model 24, a meat and potatoes field gun.---6
We had a 21 Grand American I believe it was called 12 gauge in the shop for a cleaning and check over , when it came time to test fire I said I'd do it . Wanted to be able to say I'd fired a high grade Model 21 LOL's !
JRD
Levergunner 2.0

Post by JRD »

It’s not a Grand American, but tomorrow morning my dad said he’ll bring the Model 21 16 gauge skeet gun for my son to use on pheasants. I’ve got some vintage Winchester paper shells for him to shoot in it.
My 18 year old son has learned good taste in bird guns. He prefers 16 gauges and double triggers.

Jason
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

JRD wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:33 am I’ve got some vintage Winchester paper shells for him to shoot in it.
Paper shotgun shells.....when I first started shooting in the early sixties that's all there was. There's nothing like the smell of a spent paper hull on a crisp fall morning. Like you I have lots of paper shells...probably 25 boxes of all gauges...along with a mess of "broken" boxes which I shoot from time to time ......just for the smell and the reminder of a kid shooting a pheasant down on a 40 degree morning.---6
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Oh wow! That hurts cause it's in 16ga.
I love 16 SxS's. :mrgreen:
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

OldWin wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:50 pm Oh wow! That hurts cause it's in 16ga.
I love 16 SxS's. :mrgreen:
Don’t get me wrong I have an affection for 8 , 10 , 12 , 16 , 20 and 28 gauge as well as the 410 bore . But the 10 gauge 2 7/8” , the 16’s and the 28’s seem to call me more than the others . And to clarify I do not own an 8 gauge YET :roll: