DEAL ALERT: Walmart is Clearing Out Handgun and Rifle Ammunition

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
wm
Senior Levergunner

DEAL ALERT: Walmart is Clearing Out Handgun and Rifle Ammunition

Post by wm »

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/deal- ... mmunition/

"But he said corporate sent out a note this morning telling the stores to get rid of it all."

Going the way of Dick's sporting goods?

Wm
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Re: DEAL ALERT: Walmart is Clearing Out Handgun and Rifle Ammunition

Post by marlinman93 »

Most of the prices on his receipt are not any cheaper than my local BiMart has them on sale for often. ANd some of the big sales around town have it even cheaper. Doesn't look like they plan to take any loss while they're selling out.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

That's good Wm......make hay while the sun shines.....let them know your only coming in there to buy ammo and when it's gone you will do your other shopping somewhere else.

What I like best about the United States of America is that we have the absolute best creativity when it comes to capitalism. There's ALWAYS a willing hand to take up the slack as long as there is a demand. Where one door closes, another opens up.

Low level managers of stores are always looking for brownie points...go get the manager of the ammo dept. and make an offer to clean out their "whatever" caliber of ammo. Take 20% off of their sale price and tell em you have a 5 ton truck to haul it away. (You know there's not that much ammo but they don't know that you don't know that).........buy it all and sit on it.....history has shown there are continual ups and downs in the market...then do what Americans do best.....capitalize!

Things are slow on the ammo gig everywhere....my buddy down at Targetmaster is selling 5,000 rd cases of Remington .22 LR for $139.99. ---6
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I bought a couple Mini-14's dirt-cheap from a WoolCo when they were closing the stores... I think I got them for a hundred bucks apiece.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
wm
Senior Levergunner

Post by wm »

AJMD429 wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:50 pm I bought a couple Mini-14's dirt-cheap from a WoolCo when they were closing the stores... I think I got them for a hundred bucks apiece.
About 20 years ago a super market chain here decided to get out of the guns and ammo business. No politics, insurance costs just didn't justify staying in that line and the number of complaints about unknowledgeable people behind the counter tarnished their reputation.

Anyway buddy of mine rolled up to the counter that first hour of the first day of the clearance and offered the manager a $1 per box of ammo. He got it all. Weatherby, Remington, Federal …… 22lr to 458 Mag …… handgun and rifle.

On top of that he bought rifles and shotguns for $150. Each. I don't recall now the number but at least a dozen. He turned around and sold all the shotguns to the local DU chapter for $200 each for prizes at their banquet.

I won a Stoeger semi auto shot gun that year. Traded it off before I got back to my table for a S&W model 19.

Russ spent a couple weeks selling the rest of the ammo at local gunshows and estimated he quadrupled his money.

Like Six said, good fortune favors the bold.

Wm
wecsoger
Senior Levergunner

Post by wecsoger »

Just checked my local wally world (southwest OH) and ammo case was emptied.

.22LR, .22mag, rifle ammo, etc., still there, anything handgun related or .223/5.56 gone. (forgot to look for .308)

chatted with guy at counter, said he thought W. was going back to 'hunting' only marketing.

they had redone the firearms, the lazy susan roll-a-around was gone and now they were racked up in a lighted display.

all I saw was .22 autos, shotguns, and bolt guns. the latter had the bolts removed.

so their sandbox, their marketing. we'll see how that all works out for them.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Last night, I looked at my local Wally World. All the handgun ammo was gone, but the shelf tags still showed the original prices. No bargains.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

I wouldn't go to a Walmart even if they were giving away ammo. Buying a product from them even if it's at below their cost is helping them. In my mind, my individual boycott goes across the board, not buying anything from Walmart no matter how much it would help me. I don't believe in a "half boycott"...
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

Went in there to get a prescription filled yesterday afternoon, while there I taxied by the sporting goods ammo counter, when I got there the cupboard was bare, not a centerfire handgun round or .223 to be had. That's OK, I wasn't going to buy any, I reload everything except of course .22 rimfire, I probably haven't bought a box of factory centerfire in 40 years.