Jerry Miculek tours the CMP Garand collection....

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Jerry Miculek tours the CMP Garand collection....

Post by AJMD429 »

Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Re: Jerry Miculek tours the CMP Garand collection....

Post by J Miller »

My dream is to have an unaltered, matching numbers, 1952 vintage, Winchester made Garand.

That's all it ever will be, as $,$$$.¢¢ is in very short supply here.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
wm
Senior Levergunner

Post by wm »

Someday soon …… a CMP Garand shall be mine.

Wm
win40-82
Levergunner 2.0

Post by win40-82 »

No such thing as a 1952 Winchester M1 Grand. They only made 500,000 and were done by 45, at least that the story I've gotten.
there is no such thing as a miss if you still have ammo
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

win40-82 wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:43 pm No such thing as a 1952 Winchester M1 Grand. They only made 500,000 and were done by 45, at least that the story I've gotten.
Well, he said it was only a dream.... :D

I have a couple mutt-guns, and even a 'Century Arms' one, but would really like a new-manufacture Fulton Armory Garand.... so many to choose from though....!

I like the 'shorty' ones; kind of a Garand-version of the M1A 'Scout/Squad' rifles...
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
cal30_sniper
Levergunner

Post by cal30_sniper »

win40-82 wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:43 pm No such thing as a 1952 Winchester M1 Grand. They only made 500,000 and were done by 45, at least that the story I've gotten.
They made quite a few up through Korea. I have an original 1950s service grade I bought from CMP over a decade ago. Even came with the original grease soaked and dented up stock. Great shooter once I got a tight piece of wood on it.

The tankers are sweet too, but many have op rod issues.
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

I have a couple CMP`s , one special in 308 and a 1943 and love them both but i`ll grab a lever when hits the fan just because i`d rather go out as a cowboy.
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
win40-82
Levergunner 2.0

Post by win40-82 »

[/quote]They made quite a few up through Korea. I have an original 1950s service grade I bought from CMP over a decade ago. Even came with the original grease soaked and dented up stock. Great shooter once I got a tight piece of wood on it.[/quote]

They made IHC, H&R and Springfield through Korea, not Winchester. Springfield continued on after Korea.
there is no such thing as a miss if you still have ammo
wecsoger
Senior Levergunner

Post by wecsoger »

For those without the bandwidth, Jerry was visiting CMP south and they are getting the Philippine Garands ready for sale.

I know it was a set up for the interview but one the guy had on the workbench was an all-matching, Winchester, unissued, bore/breach measured 1+

There are collectors who would sell children/wives or commit felonies for that one.

Will go to auction, I'll be interested to see what it goes for.
cal30_sniper
Levergunner

Post by cal30_sniper »

win40-82 wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:31 am
They made quite a few up through Korea. I have an original 1950s service grade I bought from CMP over a decade ago. Even came with the original grease soaked and dented up stock. Great shooter once I got a tight piece of wood on it.[/quote]

They made IHC, H&R and Springfield through Korea, not Winchester. Springfield continued on after Korea.
[/quote]

Interesting, I skipped over the Winchester part on the first read through. Guess he’ll have to settle for a post-war rebuild then.

The last battery I ordered were all WWII production SAs that had been rebuilt in the 50s. Looked like CMP put new stocks on the previously redone rifles and sent them out as service grades. I sold all but the July ‘42 receiver with 1 ratings across the board on a ‘55 barrel. That one is a lights out shooter.