went way back...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
1894c

went way back...

Post by 1894c »

Hi -- since August of this year I tried out the Glock 43X as a BUG/EDC... recently sent it down the road. It's a great option, but not for me. So I went way back, well not too far back, I returned to 2000 when I picked up my first Glock 19 Gen-3. I just picked up two Glock 19 Gen-3's this week (blue-label).

I just wanted to go back to a Glock design that had NO mag-well, forward serrations, marksmen barrel, double recoil spring, enlarged mag release, upgraded grip texture, replaceable back-straps, ambidextrous slide stop, sans-finger groves, rounded front-end of the slide, and other upgraded parts.

I just wanted to go simple--and I like the finger groves... NOW if you like or own the newer generations of the Glock platform you're in good company... :)

PS -- I also sold off my CZ P-07, another attempt at "old-school", but after owning that auto since July I remembered why I like striker-fired pistols better.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: went way back...

Post by gamekeeper »

When I started to read this post I was expecting to see a Cap n Ball revolver at the end... :o
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

gamekeeper wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:44 am When I started to read this post I was expecting to see a Cap n Ball revolver at the end... :o
As most of my arms load from the front already, I guess by that standard I should be shooting a g o n n e with a slow match and fawke quality powder......point the stick and close the eyes......
m.A.g.a. !
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

On this Forum, anything Glock is still comparatively new. Maybe in 100 years we will consider Glock to be time proven.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

What didn't you like about the CZ? A double action with decocker always seemed like a good idea.
My Glock 30S, tho, would be the one I'd want in hand for marauding thugs.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
1894c

Post by 1894c »

Blaine wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:17 pm What didn't you like about the CZ? A double action with decocker always seemed like a good idea.
My Glock 30S, tho, would be the one I'd want in hand for marauding thugs.
Blaine -- the CZ P-07 it is a great firearm, but I have carried and trained with a stiker-fired auto platform since 2000. It all came down to muscle memory, I kept forgetting to decock, when I was done firing the CZ. I know, with more practice, I could have overcome this, but I qualify with a striker-fired auto four times a year, and that is the platform that is my chief focus... thank you for asking ... :)

PS -- By the way, and I always mention this, your Glock 30S is a great choice, unfortunately it doesn't fit my hand, but I have shot it and it is a very accurate and reliable .45ACP... and it is on the approved list for thug repellent
Last edited by 1894c on Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:46 am, edited 5 times in total.
1894c

Post by 1894c »

gamekeeper wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:44 am When I started to read this post I was expecting to see a Cap n Ball revolver at the end... :o
gamekeeper -- I have never shot a Cap n Ball revolver, but I do think that all of that smoke could have a tactical advantage in some situations... :)
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

30-30 wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:01 am
gamekeeper -- I have never shot a Cap n Ball revolver, but I do think that all of that smoke could have a tactical advantage in some situations... :)
:lol:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.