Taurus Gaucho

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Taurus Gaucho

Post by Old Savage »

Any owners here, thoughts, experience?
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: Taurus Gaucho

Post by AJMD429 »

Not with a Gaucho, but just to balance the expected avalanche of 'Taurus guns all suck', I'll say my Taurus Tracker (7 shot 357 Mag DA revolver) is beautifully made with good finish inside and out, smooth trigger in both modes, and very accurate. Both my PT-92's have been perfectly reliable. OTOH a 9 shot 22 LR DA revolver I bought used had a terrible trigger pull so I traded it for an 8 shot 22 WMR DA revolver that 'has a slightly less terrible trigger pull'.... :D
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Post by ollogger »

Old Savage

I have had one for maybe 10 years in a 357,probally have fired at least 2000 rounds through it with out a ounce
of trouble, bluing looked good when it was fairly new when I bought it but seems its not all that durable, it looks
well used now but I guess I have used it a lot, with cast bullets its a bit fussy as it seems the chambers are tight compared to other 357s I have or have went down the road, bottom line I like the gun!

Brad
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Nothing on their revolvers, but i have a PT111 and a PT709 slim. Both are very accurate and totally reliable.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
wvfarrier
Senior Levergunner

Post by wvfarrier »

Let me preface this by saying i am a taurus fan but the gaucho i had was awful. It would lock up at random times and have to be disassembled to unseize. I ended up gutting it and polishing all the internals. That fixed the issue but i never really used it much after and eventually traded it. I still shoot a couple of their snub nose wheel guns and like them a lot
A bondservant of our Lord, Christ Jesus
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Seems reading what I have found, uneven quality. Some are very good, others with problems.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

A good friend, and avid shooter (he was a security professional) will have nothing but Taurus.... 10 - 12 or more?..... Maybe 1/3 of them had to go back for repairs.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Logger, went down to look the one over I put on the waiting period. Looks like all is ok with it. Some went thousands like yours. Others had soft cylinder pins or short transfer bars. This one looks good on those counts. Due to Calif rules it will be in Jan. before I can get it.