Wayyyyyy offf topic......the movies....

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Wayyyyyy offf topic......the movies....

Post by .45colt »

Hello All, last week after having the Grandkids for too many days , Momma says " I want to go and get lunch and see a show.." O.K. I says and look around and nothing trips My trigger. She come up with the usual feel good stuff and my skin is crawling.....I finally told her if I'm going to the show I want something to do with MEN. anyway We went to see "Ford VS Ferrari " . Momma wasn't at all thrilled with the noise in the theatre but I got My moneys worth with the racing scenes . Carol Shelby had to be a Hell of a Man to deal with all of the B.S. at Ford and produce a winner. And......Momma even said it was a good show. :shock:
Larkbill
Levergunner 3.0

Re: Wayyyyyy offf topic......the movies....

Post by Larkbill »

I haven't seen it yet but apparently there was a fair amount of literary license particularly regarding Leo Beebe at Ford. Ford's project people knew what Shelby could and couldn't do and pretty much let him do what he wanted and did everything he didn't want to do. Keep in mind when the project began Ford was trying to win Indy and Shelby was looking at trying to beat Ferrari for the GT title with the Cobra. Ford knew they would need Shelby eventually and made the deal with Eric Broadley for the Lola chassis. They really wanted Colin Chapman but were afraid he had all he could handle with the Indy cars plus they felt his and Shelby's egos wouldn't play well together. Don't know how much credit the movie gave to Phil Remington, but without him they never would have gotten there.

Post by piller »

I don't know much about that part of history. What little I know is what I have read on the internet, so I might not even really know anything.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
fatboy
Levergunner 1.0

Post by fatboy »

Never been a 'Ford Man' but I had to see that show because I remember those days well. What surprised me was the number of ladies in the audience!
bob
wm
Senior Levergunner

Post by wm »

I saw this is coming out soon …… I think I am going to make a point of seeing it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFDpkTKwI8g

Wm