hql in md. update

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
rossim92
Senior Levergunner

hql in md. update

Post by rossim92 »

I went to the fiream class for my hQL certification. I passed. :D :D Had to sit thorugh fives hours of instruction and one practice with a dummy round. Then shot at a target 15 feet away with a live round plastic bullet. Now just have to get fingerprinted and photo at sheriff's office. Do an online application with the md state police. will take about three weeks before i get it. The card is good for ten years.I have enough guns. (maybe) :wink: I just want to get certified and hopefully the card will be grandfathered in in case they change the laws again. the next gun i want is a cz75db in a 9 mil.
Rossi 92 .357 lever , and a cz pcr 9mm
Henry .22 lever, Remington speedmaster 552 .22 lr
Marlin Glenfield .22 boltaction
gforce 12ga semi
Taylor's Tactical 1911 A1 FS in .45acp
winchester 1873 44.40
Marlin 336W .30.30
beeman sportsman rs2 dual caliber pellet rifle
henry .22 magnum pumpaction/octagon barrel
stag 5.56 m4 with reddot
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: hql in md. update

Post by gamekeeper »

Congratulations :D it seems a lot of palaver to go through but I only wish I could do that to just buy a handgun again.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

It is good to hear from you guys who have to suffer the impact of 'reasonable' gun laws, because those of us who live it free states like Indiana can just go out and buy stuff; we need to be reminded how bad it can get if we drop our guard. So sorry you guys have to suffer such mindless nonsense in the name of 'public safety'... :roll:

I once forgot and left my CCW gun (A Ruger Speed Six) at home, and since I was lusting after a Charter Bulldog 44 Special anyway, I just went out on my lunch break and bought one, picked up a box of Silvertip ammo for it, slipped it in my Ruger Speed-Six holster, and returned to the office... :mrgreen:

I try my best to 'earn' such freedom by being as pro-active in opposing 'gun control' nationally as I can possibly be. :|
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
rossim92
Senior Levergunner

Post by rossim92 »

well. My Md Hql application has been approved. Should get my card in the mail in about a week, them I can go big boy toy shopping. :D
gforce 12ga semi
winchester 1873 44.40
Marlin 336W .30.30
stag 5.56 m4 with reddot
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

rossim92 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:36 pm well. My Md Hql application has been approved. Should get my card in the mail in about a week, them I can go big boy toy shopping. :D
I'm pleased for you, as well, Sir...
I'm just thinking that perhaps 20 years ago this sort of a post could only come from another country. It's sad to think that liberals have twisted our Bill of Rights so horribly :evil:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
rossim92
Senior Levergunner

Post by rossim92 »

Well, My card arrived yesterday. Just need a few more bucks to get my 9 mm cz. No big hurry, my coworker and I are going target shootin at the shooting range. I will be taking the glock in .45 acp.
gforce 12ga semi
winchester 1873 44.40
Marlin 336W .30.30
stag 5.56 m4 with reddot