Kind of a neat documentary on 'ammunition'

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Kind of a neat documentary on 'ammunition'

Post by AJMD429 »

It covers the pre-20th century stuff in more detail than I'd seen elsewhere. I'd heard of the needle-gun but not much about it. It's 30 minutes into the documentary prior to getting to 'centerfire cartridges'...!

https://youtu.be/zpkhCVeA-V4
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: Kind of a neat documentary on 'ammunition'

Post by gamekeeper »

Thanks for posting Doc, some interesting information, with all that BP smoke it's a pity we don't have Smellavision. 8)
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Very cool, but as far as smell, I like the paper hull shotgun shells the best. I guess that is due to what I was around as a kid.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

piller wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:20 pm Very cool, but as far as smell, I like the paper hull shotgun shells the best. I guess that is due to what I was around as a kid.
I have to agree, there was something special about those old paper hull cartridges.... :D
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.