Yoo-hoo, Pitchy!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Yoo-hoo, Pitchy!

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Hey Lenn, I got to thinking I would like to fabricate a very simple shredder/chipper to chop up the pine needles and mulberry leaves that fall on my yard every year. Might also ask it to chop kitchen scraps for mulching/composting in the small garden. I would not ask this critter to chop up twigs much bigger than 1/8 inch in diameter -- we are talking really light duty here.
Power could come from hand cranking, a bicycle, or maybe a small Briggs and Stratton like one I have on hand. Prefer man-powered.
Have you ever created such a thing? Thought I would pick your fertile designer's mind! 8)
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Yoo-hoo, Pitchy!

Post by Pitchy »

I haven`t made such a thing Bill, i`ll give it some thought :)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Found this idea that may work.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPN3MDzbGFE

Also ya can buy mulching blades for your lawnmower and a cover that closes where the grass comes out that do a good job.
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

I use a regular mulching push mower with a rear bag.....I just plow through areas where leaves congregate. Sucks up small branches and anything else that's an inch off the ground. Grinds it all up nice....then just dump it over the fence or around trees.---6