"American Heritage Museum" in Stow, Mass = TANKS!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

"American Heritage Museum" in Stow, Mass = TANKS!

Post by Old No7 »

For New Englanders and those interested in military history, a buddy of mine just highly recommended I visit the American Heritage Museum in Stow MA, operated by the Collings Foundation. He took his son there and they had a great visit, as he said there were over 80 tanks or military vehicles on display.

I just Google'd "Tank Museum Mass" and the Museum Website came up (click for link), and the opening image really got my attention -- see image below -- for sure, I'll be planning a visit after we get past the holidays.

Old No7

ps: I once thought The Ysabel Kid had quite the collection of stuff...

Tank Museum in MA.jpg

Here's the backstory on this amazing collection of tanks and militaria:

"Jacques Littlefield?s fascination with military vehicles began in childhood. From his earliest days, he studied and created intricate models of tanks and military machines. His first remote-controlled scale model tank was completed in college. Jacques acquired a full size military vehicle in 1975, a World War II era M3 Scout car. By 1998, his collection had grown to over 200 tanks and vehicles. To manage these, and to restore more, Littlefield established the Military Vehicle Technology Foundation in Portola Valley, California. Following a decade-long battle with cancer, Jacques died on January 7, 2009. Over his lifetime, Littlefield amassed the world?s largest privately held collection of tanks and military vehicles in the world.

Receiving this historically important and extensive collection was a tremendous honor for the Collings Foundation. Exhibiting these artifacts in the most meaningful way possible is our duty. We designed the new American Heritage Museum to fully engage people in understanding our turbulent past. In this remarkable place, American history will be explored, studied, and most of all, remembered. Through educational interpretation, and a chronologically arranged series of dioramas and exhibits, the American Heritage Museum will bring the history of our veterans to life."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: "American Heritage Museum" in Stow, Mass = TANKS!

Post by gamekeeper »

That looks like a brilliant place to visit.... 8)
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

If I ever am in the area, it will be on the list of places to see.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

There's an air museum near me called the Fantasy of Flight. The owner, Kermit Weeks has his own Youtube channel where deals with visits to other museums as well. At one of them the guy giving Kermit the tour told him how they had placed the tanks along the walkways so kids could have somewhat of a hands on experience but they didn't didn't want them touching the planes.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Larkbill
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Larkbill »

Great info, thanks for posting. We are hosting a reunion in that area in 2021 (good Lord willing) and have just started looking for activities.