Horrific experience buying a gun rig

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
wvfarrier
Senior Levergunner

Horrific experience buying a gun rig

Post by wvfarrier »

I ordered a custom rig from a well known holster maker (not naming names). I waited til a week after the original delivery date to contact and see whats up. The owner informed me they had lost my order so i asked them to just cancel it since it wasnt going to arrive by the time i needed it. Instead, the next day they sent out "my order". What arrived was completely not what i ordered and definitely not up to standards. The leather belt was so thin i was afraid pulling it through the buckle would tear it. The holster was right handed....i ordered a lefty and was not made as requested. It was also supposed to have a 5" drop. The seller refused to accept it back and wanted full price for the correct holster. He went ahead and sent me the holster....a lefty arrived but again wasnt built with the requested modifications, had different tooling from the original and was missing the leg strap. I sent them back and the individual refused the delivery. Finally filed a dispute through paypal and lost because they do not cover "custom" orders. So, im put $400. What a crock!!!
Last edited by wvfarrier on Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A bondservant of our Lord, Christ Jesus
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Re: Horrific experience buying a gun rig

Post by Old Savage »

You should name the maker.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Yes, please post the sellers info and photos of the product if possible. See if your payment method can do anything.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I'd be telling anyone and everyone about the poor service!
Post the makers name, no reason to let others fall for that.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
stretch
Advanced Levergunner

Post by stretch »

Ya know, I'm not one to flame people.

But if what you say is true, then it would be a service to the community to name
the maker.

I've been in your shoes before, and it's not a good time.

-Stretch
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

POST HIS NAME AND COMPANY !! if IT WAS ME BEING RETIRED I WOULD EITHER JUMP IN THE CAR OR ON A PLANE AND KNOCK ON THE DOOR.....GUESS WHO'S COMEING TO DINNER................. :evil: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: .
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

If your PayPal Account is tied to a Credit Card -- send them a letter in writing disputing the charge, listing just the facts. That might help.

Hope you can get this resolved -- that's HORRIBLE service by any definition...

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
Larkbill
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Larkbill »

You really need to out this scoundrel. If for no other reason than as a public service.

Post by jkbrea »

That is totally unacceptable. I know you're hesitant to name them but I would. Maybe an email campaign from bunch of Levergunners and any other sites you frequent might put them in check.
I recently had to send back a $300+ set of hearing protection to the company that made them because they quit working. After a few emails in a couple months back-and-forth I finally sent them an email telling them to shove it. I sent it to a higher up. Within a day I had a shipping label and had them returned within a week completely refurbished and repaired.
claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Post by claybob86 »

Old Savage wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:33 pm You should name the maker.
+1!!!! :!: You might help someone else from having a similar experience.
Have you hugged your rifle today?
Lastmohecken
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lastmohecken »

This might be helpful and I ain't afraid to name names. a few years ago, I ordered what was called the original Dirty Harry shoulder holster from a place in Vegas. They had a fantastic website. You ordered by phone. They said the wait was like 12 to 18 weeks. So, I gave them my credit card number, and patiently waited. Finally I called them, and they told me that they had a contract with the navy seals or someone. And they had to finish that first and it would be another 5 weeks. I waited again. I finally tried to get my money back from the credit card, and found out that 12 weeks was the deadline to do so. They got to where they wouldn't answer my phone, and so I switched phone numbers, they answered same old story. Then the website went down, but after a few months I found the new website, new phone number to call. They denied ever hearing of me, and so on. In the meantime I had done a search and a lot of people had experienced the same problem and someone suggested calling their Attorney General.

So, I threatened them but it was not a threat, I fully planned to carry thru with it. I told them I was going to call their Attorney General, and also my Attorney General and get something done on this. I also told them I was going to hire a private dick to find out just where they were at. Basically, I told them I wanted my money back or the holster, and I was going to get some satisfaction out of them even if it cost me $10,000

You know what, they actually found my file while we were still on the phone, and promised they would have my holster to me in 5 days, and would I please send them something in writing saying I would not call their Attorney General. I told them I wasn't signing anything, but my word was good as gold, and I better dammed well see that holster in 5 days.

I got my holster in the allotted 5 days, but it took 2 years and a bunch of threats. I swear to God this is a true story. I think they were already in trouble with the Attorney General, so the threat scared them, because they flat changed their tune. Holster quality was decent, so they apparently did build a few holsters for somebody from time to time.
NRA Life Member, Patron
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

We have named companies on here for good customer service. It is not a problem to give honest feedback with names attached. If the product was not as advertised, you should say who it was. Any honest company should fix the issue and welcome feedback.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
gundownunder
Senior Levergunner

Post by gundownunder »

Nobody on here has a problem with naming names for a job well done, or for quality service, why should we have a problem with naming names for somebody who is willing to rip us all off if we let them.
Name the bludger so that others can be forewarned.
Bob
You have got to love democracy-
It lets you choose who your dictator is going to be.
wvfarrier
Senior Levergunner

Post by wvfarrier »

Sorry folks. Got a house full of sick kids so hadnt checked. It was Black Hills Leather.
A bondservant of our Lord, Christ Jesus
wm
Senior Levergunner

Post by wm »

I hope your children feel better.

I appreciate you sharing your negative experience.

Wm
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Well...I'll tell ya I'll never send a dime to NEI HANDTOOLS in Texas ever again. They make moulds and the owner/shack up/whoever he is..goes by JOEL THIS GUY IS A CROOK, LIAR AND WORTHLESS DRUG INFESTED BUM.

NEI HANDTOOLS IN TEXAS STUCK ME FOR A PREPAID MOULD.

This is how I look at it, if a company can outright screw ya over for money and theres little you can do about, you can screw them over with negative feedback the same way...WHAT ARE THEY GONNA DO ABOUT IT? $200 ain't gonna break me any but the negative public feedback will hurt them...so who wins? I always win, one way or another.

I'd throw their name everywhere you can type a message. Don't give them a warning...JUST DO IT. Just look at the $400 loss the same way you look at an insurance bill...money you put out wth nothing tangible in return.-----6
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Thank you for posting the name of the company. A Google search revealed warnings about them on both the S&W forum and Ruger forum. Both complained about the same thing you did. I quit looking after I found those two examples.

I hope your kids get well soon.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.