How to view the photos?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
plinky56
Levergunner

How to view the photos?

Post by plinky56 »

Hi, new to leverguns and tried to view "the one sticky" and can't see the photos. Do I need to join something else and possibly doing something wrong? Joined primarily in order to convert an 80's mod 94 rebounding hammer and no safety to the traditional half cock style, but sort of needed the pics in order to get the right parts and put 'em in. :o Anyone offer any insight?
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: How to view the photos?

Post by gamekeeper »

Welcome to the fire plinky56 :D I just tried to view the photos and couldn't either. Someone more knowledgeable than me will come along with help... :wink:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

I was able to view the pictures on both my iPad and LG android phone. So it very well could be your settings for the site.
Last edited by harry on Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Try going to Control Panel. Select Board Preferences. Make sure the radio button for Display Images is selected.

Some times a photo may appear blurred. This usually happens when Photo bucket is involved, don't know why.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

FWIW, the easiest way to make the conversion to your rifle is to buy a poor condition older (non-rebound) example and switch out the parts you need (lower tang w/mechanism, hammer, mainspring & strut) from the older gun.

Your cost could be recouped if you place your rebounding parts in the older gun and sell it off...…………..

plinky56
Levergunner

Post by plinky56 »

Hey all, thanks for your replies. Got the flu bug just after I posted and just now view ur replies. I'm going to try to set my pc today and see if that works.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Welcome.
I did a pre cross bolt Angle Eject .44 Trapper last year.
The parts most sources tell you to use have mostly dried up and have gotten pricey.
I went with the lower tang and FCG from the earliest version post-64 model. The only thing you will need to do is file off the tenons that lock into the receiver of the earlier guns. The later ones only locate the tang with the hammer screw and stock. Once the tenons are removed, it's a direct swap of lower tang assemblies.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.