American Outdoor to spin-off Smith & Wesson firearms business

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
wm
Senior Levergunner

American Outdoor to spin-off Smith & Wesson firearms business

Post by wm »

JimT
Shootist

Re: American Outdoor to spin-off Smith & Wesson firearms business

Post by JimT »

Strum Ruger & Company Inc.?

I need to get me one of them Strum Rugers!
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

JimT wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:34 pm Strum Ruger & Company Inc.?

I need to get me one of them Strum Rugers!
They hope someday to grow in sales to the point of rivaling deering banjos of spring valley california.....meanwhile their single-action styled ukuleles are in great demand......
m.A.g.a. !
JB
Senior Levergunner

Post by JB »

Perhaps they're protecting the parent company in case Smith and Wesson is sued . The Remington lawsuit is most likely just the first of many.
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

JB wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:09 pm Perhaps they're protecting the parent company in case Smith and Wesson is sued . The Remington lawsuit is most likely just the first of many.
I'm afraid that you're correct.....

the snowflakes keep frantically stabbing around in the dark hoping to draw blood.....

the kavanaugh accusation flummery did not pan out so now they're doing the impeachment thing, meanwhile they are also getting their gun manufacturers civil suits ducks in a row.....

They never give up!
m.A.g.a. !
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

Ray wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:42 pm
JB wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:09 pm ...The Remington lawsuit is most likely just the first of many.
I'm afraid that you're correct.....
I'm hoping you're wrong and the Remington lawsuit is the beginning and the end of such nonsense.

Well, I can "hope" can't I...................

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

that's right Ray. he keeps going about like a roaring lion seeking souls to devour, and they televise this every day !!!!!! :!:
wm
Senior Levergunner

Post by wm »

JB wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:09 pm Perhaps they're protecting the parent company in case Smith and Wesson is sued . The Remington lawsuit is most likely just the first of many.
You make a good point there.

I just can't see the legal argument that a manufacturer is responsible for misuse of their product. Will car manufacturers be sued for reckless driving? After all their advertisement show people driving their product wildly doing spin outs and other things.

What about movies? Their product shows anti social behavior and even celebrates it?

Wm
KWK
Senior Levergunner

Post by KWK »

wm wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:40 pmWill car manufacturers be sued for reckless driving?... What about movies?...
And what about makers of booze? The last time I looked at the statistics, it appeared I was more likely to be killed by a drunk driver than by someone with a gun. At least guns have utility. Alcohol is mostly just a recreational drug.