Differences

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JimT
Shootist

Differences

Post by JimT »

There's not a lot of difference between the .41 .. .44 .. and .45 ... and on the working end the .41 and .44 are almost identical.
Ysabel Kid

Re: Differences

Post by Ysabel Kid »

A picture is worth a thousand words! :D
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I know, but we just LOVE to argue the intricate differences between 45 Colt, 44Magnum, and 41 Magnum that 'clearly' indicate one or the other is 'vastly superior'.... :lol:

That's part of the fun... :mrgreen:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Good illustration. Lots of frontal area there on the .41.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

We watch crime documentaries quite a bit and have to laugh some times. For instance, it's night time and the cops are studying a crime scene complete with fired cases on the ground. One glance and they can tell the case is a "9". Never mind that a .380 looks almost identical until you examine it closely. Or, they will find an expended bullet and declare immediately "yup, its a "9" alright" when it could be a .357, 380 , or several others.
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

Be interesting to hear the comments if they opened up someone who had been shot and found one of these in them.
fired.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I have seen a few expended bullets, and I have a difficult time telling one from the other in certain size ranges. With a 124 grain 9mm and a 125 grain .357 being so close, I don't believe I could tell the difference if both were hollow points or both soft points. Maybe the .357 might have expanded more. I think a lot of "Reality" shows are not quite real. Empty brass on asphalt in the dark seen by flashlight would be tough to tell exactly the caliber from 4 to six feet away. Of course, having the main character be able to say for certain in such a situation makes for more exciting TV.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost