Kid's....

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Kid's....

Post by .45colt »

Thirty years ago all I did in My free time was traditional archery. totally nuts about it My Boy was friends with another from down the road (Joe) and of course they both liked to fling arrows like Me . at one point Joe needed some arrows and I made him up a few with My modest skills and all was good. Joe grew up went into the service came back got married with His own Kids...the usual stuff. Friday evening a big red truck pulls in My drive, I go out in the dark and here is Joe. You gotta See this Jim. out in the truck is a very big 8pt Whitetail He just killed down at His Mom's . It really made My day. and in the truck was Joes Boy ,Happy as could be about the Deer. I bet He learns to Hunt. :D .
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Kid's....

Post by GunnyMack »

That's great! Good on you for keeping those boys down to earth! Take it to heart his son will follow in those magical footsteps you help create!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Couldn't be better.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
minish
Levergunner

Post by minish »

Best post I've read in a LONG time!
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

What goes around, comes around...………………...

That was really worth hearing - thanks for posting it ! . :)

octagon
Senior Levergunner

Post by octagon »

Well done 45colt. I recall discussing with you Elmers shotgun book...maybe a bright eyed boy such as this would enjoy some bird hunting? :D 8) My son (thank God) is crazy for it!
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Very cool 8) My grandson will be four in a little over a month . When I was there in July/August this year he was with us when his grandmother and I shot archery at the mall and he seemed intrested . The plan when I return in March/April of 2020 is for the grandson our daughter the wife and I to fly to Davao for three nights . While we’re there I wanna visit the Armsco indoor range for the wife and I to shoot again . And of course let the little boy watch . If they have a Rock Island 1911 in 22 I might rent one of those and let him shoot one or two shots if they’ll let me .
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
wm
Senior Levergunner

Post by wm »

:D
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I took my son to a professional archery shop when he was just four years old, I asked if they had a bow that would fit him. The guy at first shook his head and then said wait a minute and disappeared out back, he returned with a little bow, set it up for my son and found some wooden arrows with steel target tips.
That was one of the best days ever, I will never forget the fun we had then and since.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Thanks for All of the kind Words Guys....I now have Four of My own Grandkids , the oldest are 7 years old. I hope to soon get them All shooting not only bows & arrows but Guns as Well . It's been a long haul getting these Guys Growed Up but maybe now it's time for them to pay Poppa Back.....I've got the guns....I just need a little more time.. :)