A little blast from the past

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
wm
Senior Levergunner

A little blast from the past

Post by wm »

https://gunsmagazine.com/wp-content/upl ... /G0658.pdf

Highlights include tuning a COLT SAA (page 17), Pistol Pete Eaton western lawman (page 27) and ELmer Keith on African Lion hunting (page 34).

No need to thank me, just trying to keep you out of trouble on cool November evening! :lol:

Wm
Bronco
Levergunner 3.0

Re: A little blast from the past

Post by Bronco »

That is kewl :mrgreen:
Saved it for more in depth reading !
Man-o-man the items and prices make me wish I had invested more wisely back then, instead of drinking and chasing women :roll:
Last edited by Bronco on Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gettin old ain't for sissies!
There just has to be dogs in heaven !
wm
Senior Levergunner

Post by wm »

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I still have a copy of GUNS from August 1959, I keep it to remind me of how things used to be... Thanks for posting. :D
IMG_20191104_113558.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

ROLLING-BLOCK-AD.png

I was thumbing through the GUNS MAGAZINE pages and came upon this ad. When I was pushing newspapers around in the Phoenix summer heat I was earning money for the new faster bicycle, and for almost this exact firearm. I got a saddle ring carbine, complete with notches, which I bought by mail order by sending in the money, and shortly this rifle, or one just like it, showed up at our door via U.S. Mail. I was in high school.

Imagine that.

I owned other firearms, including a Webley revolver purchased the same way. This rolling block was my all time favorite gun to shoot and it went everywhere with me. It was mighty accurate. And loud. And reliable. And just plain FUN. I gave up carrying the Nylon 66 around in favor of the Roller. I "think" the ammo was mil-surp hard ball in the great 7mm, and the rifle really might have been a Pancho Villa pickup.

What a blast! What a rush! Judging from the things I shot, what penetration!

If I could have just one back from the past, I'd fetch this one.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Those 2 links were great reading. We do have a few men left who are of his type, but they are becoming fewer all the time. Sad.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost