CCW With a Bad Back

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

CCW With a Bad Back

Post by Pete44ru »

wm
Senior Levergunner

Re: CCW With a Bad Back

Post by wm »

Personally it isn't my back that puts me in this position …… its a arthritic hip. And when that happens I switch to a shoulder holster. I guess that is the essence of getting older …… making the necessary adjustments to keep on keeping on.

Wm.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I've treated lots of folks who CCW-while-driving for back pain from the way they carry. They are sometimes surprised when I guess the issue might be because of that (assuming they hadn't told me they CCW).
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

My employer has a prohibition against weapons at work. Of course I follow their rules. Additionally, Texas prohibits firearms in Hospitals. Should I get a job in a Hospital I wouldn't be allowed to carry there either. Seems to me as if our law makers do not trust us. It appears to me that the Doctor who wrote that article is one of the smarter ones. He is trying to help others and not passing judgement on them. As far as carrying a light and concealable firearm to help avoid back issues, sounds wise to me. Of course, watching the weight and exercising always helps. I am overweight, and I can tell the difference in how my back feels when I lose some weight.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

That link is strange....it sends my phone into some endless-loop thing, but does fine on my computer..... :?:
Last edited by AJMD429 on Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

AJMD,
My solution for concealed carry while driving is a cross draw holster. Outside for large revolvers and inside for small ones.
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

I guess ankle holsters have their place. I know several LEOs that use them for a BUG. In my present condition my back won't allow me to reach my ankle without a great deal of trouble. I think I might feel better with a belly band.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

I pretty much always carry cross OWB. Now I've had back surgery that fortunately went extremely well. Still, I find strong side does bother my lower back if I do it with a large handgun. Couyld be I'm just not that used to it. A shoulder holster doesn't seem to cause problems and I use that the least.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad