At the range this morning.......

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

At the range this morning.......

Post by jnyork »

A brisk 46 degrees here in snowbird land this morning at 0800 as 15 geezers and geezerettes gathered to shoot lever action silhouette. This was the first shoot of the season and not all the fellow snowbirds are down here yet, we expect a much larger turnout next week.

I managed a 27X40 with my Rossi version of a Winchester 92 in .357. Did great until the rams, got deflated quite a bit by those pesky critters.

Yuma gunshow tomorow, I have a Remington model 722 in .244 Remington I am going to try to pedal or trade, I inherited it and have no interest whatsoever in messing with it, so out it goes.Image
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Re: At the range this morning.......

Post by Pete44ru »

It looks like a good place to shoot - were the sillywet shooting distances "NRA/standard" ?

jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

Pete44ru wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:04 pm .

It looks like a good place to shoot - were the sillywet shooting distances "NRA/standard" ?

Yes.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Looks like fun. Sure is easy to tell who the snow birds are though.... Hopefully our paths will cross this winter. Todd/3leg
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

one of these days I hope to visit the wild west, deserts, plains, and mountains.......

uncle ronnie sent me on a vacation once upon a time to the atacama and patagonia but I was too busy to have much fun......
m.A.g.a. !
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Do you have a peep sight on the Rossi?
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

Rusty wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:26 pm Do you have a peep sight on the Rossi?

Sure do, Rusty. Marble's tang sight with Merit adjustable aperture. Very rare to see anyone shooting lever action silhouette with open sights, if they do, they dont win any matches. :D
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

244 rem, later 6mm rem. If only they got it right first time I bets 243 would of never took hold!
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Nath wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:58 pm 244 rem, later 6mm rem. If only they got it right first time I bets 243 would of never took hold!
+1
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "