Nath and G-K

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Nath and G-K

Post by 3leggedturtle »

What do you know about or think of, the El Chimbo folding 410? Its said to be a poachers gun. Todd/3leg
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: Nath and G-K

Post by gamekeeper »

I'm thinking of buying the El Chimbo O/U .410 just because to me it's a very unusual design and quite querky, which I like. The single barrel guns are very common over here as are the side by side .410s. They are lightweight little guns, well made but how should I say " unrefined" I never liked them untill my other guns started getting heavier and not so much fun to carry around, like I said they are Lightweight.
Finding second hand .410s with good barrels is a problem over here, with the cheaper.410s it seems a lot of owners do not possess cleaning kits :roll:
I can certainly say as a poachers gun they are very easily concealed and quick to bring into action. There are several makers of similar guns in Spain, Italy and Belgium and they all are capable of filling the pot and with a little bit of care the will last forever too.
The O/U hammer gun, quirky??
DSC_0849_01_1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

The single barrel El Chimbo.
181222111109018-5-1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

The Double Barrel El Chimbo.
410_el_chimbo_73864_06_1.jpg
Tap on images to enlarge.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Thanks that double sure looks nice. I was hoping you'd tell me they weren't worth buying! I like how they look.thanks fir info....
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Sorry, you pressed my enabler button :lol:
If you go after one check the chamber size, some older ones maybe 2 1/2" or even just 2", most newer ones I've seen have had 3" chambers.
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Never handled one and never knew they did a superimposed!
As kid I remember a feller that carried one where he shudna folded in his long coat!
The good ole' days.

N.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

By the way I just got in after visiting a farm for rats.
Took my moderated 410 and shot five rats.
410's rock 8)
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Nath wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:55 pm By the way I just got in after visiting a farm for rats.
410's rock 8)
I agree, took a rat and a magpie with my Cooey fourten yesterday... :D
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

gamekeeper wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:03 pm
Nath wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:55 pm By the way I just got in after visiting a farm for rats.
410's rock 8)
I agree, took a rat and a magpie with my Cooey fourten yesterday... :D
8)
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Nath, sounds like a good day.
G-K, chamber length dont matter I'll just load shells to fit it. Yes I was hoping you could "enable" me. Dont matter cuz i got it for $180. Todd/3leg

piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I am not very good with a shotgun, but I firmly believe that the laws of Physics do not change. A hit with a .410 is still a hit. Just because I cannot use a shotgun very well does not mean that a .410 is not enough gun for pheasant or duck. Todd, it sounds as if you have a new to you shotgun. I hope it fits you well and that you enjoy it for a long time.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Piller, itsa new to me shotgun manufacturer i never heard of before. Really wanted a .32 gauge as MagTech make brass shotshells for them, when this popped up.

Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

They were first made in the 1950's

Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

piller wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:16 pm I am not very good with a shotgun, but I firmly believe that the laws of Physics do not change. A hit with a .410 is still a hit. Just because I cannot use a shotgun very well does not mean that a .410 is not enough gun for pheasant or duck. Todd, it sounds as if you have a new to you shotgun. I hope it fits you well and that you enjoy it for a long time.
Flushed at 25 yards to my right. 2&1/2" #6.
IMG_20191019_111358842~2.jpg
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Finally got to hold and fondle my El Chimbo. It is way lighter and handier than I could imagine. It only weighs 3lbs 5oz!

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Interesting little scattergun, never seen or heard of these. Might be 'cheap' but nice case colors!

Yep 410 is just as deadly as a 12 bore! Two years ago I hunted almost every weekend from Nov to March with my CZ 410 juxtaposed (SxS) and shot many many pheasants! Couple weeks ago I took it along, got 6 birds. Normally I carry my 28 but boy is it nice carrying a 4&3/4 lbs 410!

Do you eat the magpies or are they considered a pest?

Ballistic Products has everything you need to load for the mighty 410! Just FYI, hulls these days aren't designed for many if any reloads! Winchester being the best.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

3leggedturtle wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:18 pm Finally got to hold and fondle my El Chimbo. It is way lighter and handier than I could imagine. It only weighs 3lbs 5oz!
Congratulations.. :D the ultimate poachers concealed weapon over here, not that you would use it for nefarious purposes.... :wink:
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

gamekeeper wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:45 pm Sorry, you pressed my enabler button :lol:
Gee, I thought it was REQUIRED on this site that we all have one! :wink:

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH