Any personal experience with Accu Tek 380 ACP

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
wm
Senior Levergunner

Any personal experience with Accu Tek 380 ACP

Post by wm »

I can't find much on them on the internet but I know they have been around quite awhile. A guy at work has one he wants to get rid of and for $80 I might …… might …… maybe …… could be interested. (Why can't it ever be a Ruger Blackhawk or S&W model 10 or a Remington Fieldmaster that they want to get rid of?)

Anyway, I've never owned a 380 ACP and I'm not sure if that shows a shocking gap in my education or surprising bit of wisdom. The Accu Tek appears to be roughly the size and shape of a Walther PPK.

Any personal experience and enlightenment that you can share would be appreciated.

http://accu-tekfirearms.com/home.html

Wm
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: Any personal experience with Accu Tek 380 ACP

Post by AJMD429 »

Never seen one, but I'm a sucker for little 'tool-box guns' and have bought ones like that before.

I haven't really been fond of anything in between 22 WMR and 9mm Luger cartridge-wise, though, at least for potential life-saving duty. The NAA Mini-revolver in 22 WMR is hard to beat for reliability and super-compact size, and stepping up to a Sig P-938 you get a not-too-big handgun that shoots a decently powerful cartridge (plus is so similar to a 1911 that it is hard not to like).

The in-between niche for me would be more limited to range-toy type guns, and so on.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Cant help ya, only 380 I've had experience with was a Star, scaled down 1911. That thing made me a firm believer in beaver tails- that thing bit me more than once!
Ask the guy if you can test drive it, couple brands of ammo should give you an idea of its accuracy/ reliability.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Used to own a Walther PPK/S. I couldn't shoot a magazine full out of it without bleeding. Kel-Tec P3AT and Ruger LCP are no trouble for me. If it looks like a Walther, you better test it first. Some of us cannot shoot those horrible things.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

The only thing I've got in 380 is a Beretta 84F. I find most 380's a bit irritating with sharp recoil mostly due to the manufacturer's need to build them as blow-back operated pistols. They would probably be funner to shoot in a locked breach gun.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
wm
Senior Levergunner

Post by wm »

Well that was a nightmare ……

Met seller at range and we immediately went to firing line. Loaded a magazine with some 380 ACP he brought, inserted magazine and while pointed down range, all fingers wrapped around handle, nothing by the trigger, racked slide to chamber a round …… BOOM …… 'What the F+++ was that?' says I.

'Oh it does that sometimes' says seller.

This is NOT OFF TO A GOOD BEGINNING.

A quick examination showed maybe a burr in firing pin hole. Maybe. Also this gun has NEVER been cleaned. Several hundred, maybe as many as a thousand rounds through it. Oil and grease built up. So it could be some old grease caused pin to hang up and fire.

I noted some galling (Accu Tek is made of a stainless steel alloy) which surprised me with the amount of dried crud but that might also indicate it wasn't fitted so much as expected to wear into place. Not surprising considering the price point.

Anyway got through the next 49 rounds with little trouble and surprising accuracy (surprising in the sense I didn't expect much, especially considering the barrel smeared with copper).

Certainly did not come away feeling compelled to own it but made a $70 offer. Seller is going to think about it (i.e. see if he gets a better offer). I almost regretted making the offer as soon as I made it so I followed up with 'let me know by Friday'. If he comes back to me after Friday I think maybe I'll try some bartering with him. I got some snow tires from my old Blazer that should fit his truck …… or maybe he will do me a favor and never mention the gun again.

Wm
1894c

Post by 1894c »

wm wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:42 pm Well that was a nightmare ……

Met seller at range and we immediately went to firing line. Loaded a magazine with some 380 ACP he brought, inserted magazine and while pointed down range, all fingers wrapped around handle, nothing by the trigger, racked slide to chamber a round …… BOOM …… Whiskey Tango Foxtrot was that?' says I.

'Oh it does that sometimes' says seller.
wm - for me, that's a NO GO... thank you for being a beta-tester for a handgun I didn't know existed and alerting me to a handgun I will stay away from... YIKES... :O
JB
Senior Levergunner

Post by JB »

wm wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:19 pm I can't find much on them on the internet but I know they have been around quite awhile. A guy at work has one he wants to get rid of and for $80 I might …… might …… maybe …… could be interested. (Why can't it ever be a Ruger Blackhawk or S&W model 10 or a Remington Fieldmaster that they want to get rid of?)

Anyway, I've never owned a 380 ACP and I'm not sure if that shows a shocking gap in my education or surprising bit of wisdom. The Accu Tek appears to be roughly the size and shape of a Walther PPK.

Any personal experience and enlightenment that you can share would be appreciated.

http://accu-tekfirearms.com/home.html

Wm
I had one years ago. I never fired it with anything other than hardball, but as I remember it fed those fine. It was about the size of ppk, but no where near the quality as best I remember.