I mmmm Back!!!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
crs
Advanced Levergunner

I mmmm Back!!!

Post by crs »

Some weeks ago, I spilled coffee with cream over the keyboard of my primary W7 laptop. The main board and keyboard electronics were ruined. We have just this weekend discovered that the hard drive was not damaged and the data is being recovered. One day, I may have a working office computer also.
This occurred just after a hardware crash on my office W7 desktop computer. Up that well known creek without a paddle. At least my mobile phone could do email and text messages for me.
I now have a new W10 laptop with fingerprint and eyeball security for sign on. My Android mobile has those security features also. Learning W10 AND Gmail at the same time was not pleasant and my normal grumpy personality went rapidly from bad to worse.

Then all my forums forgot who I was and demanded new passwords - except Leverguns that is. Leverguns sent me a new password and W10 would not accept it, beginning a futile effort to have a password mailed to me, and not to my computer. Finally, out of desperation, I learned how to convince W10 that where was no stored password for me and tonight, I successfully am back on Leverguns.

Now, if I can only remember all those clever responses to all those posts that I read days ago! :cry:
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
piller
Posting leader...

Re: I mmmm Back!!!

Post by piller »

Charles, glad to see you back. While technologe can be great, it can also be a royal pain.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Glad you're back........
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

Glad you're back. You know, they make a thin flexi cover for that keyboard but I don't like the feel it gives the key action and besides, they don't make one to fit this slightly smaller Dell laptop. If you really want to destroy one try coke. You know the Coca Cola kind. That stuff will take the silver off the contacts immediately.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

MM,
Apparently the main board was just under where most of the coffee went and my attempts to clean it out failed. Fortunately, the internal disk drive was not affected and my son has it loaded into and external device and it can be read with Windows 10. When he is finished with it, he will provide me access to the DropBox folder where he has loaded it and I can begin retrieving anything of value. We shall see.
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

piller wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:18 pmCharles, glad to see you back. While technologe can be great, it can also be a royal pain.
+1!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Laptops.... Everyone's mileage will vary, but generally whatever kills the keyboard will fry the 'puter, too.... :cry:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV