"Accidental Entry into U.S." -- By Some Brits

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

"Accidental Entry into U.S." -- By Some Brits

Post by Old No7 »

I was very surprised to see it was some Brits who were caught in the States after "Accidentally" Driving into the U.S. from Canada (click for link)-- but of course their version of the entry is very different than Homeland Security's -- yet the news story paints the U.S. AND Homeland Security as the bad guys.

Interesting observations -- Canada wouldn't let them go back there! And initial calls to the UK Consulate were no help...

Yup, it's the U.S. that's at fault here..................

The headline is FAKE NEWS and doesn't mention they committed a crime!

But why am I so surprised by that??? :shock:

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
wm
Senior Levergunner

Re: "Accidental Entry into U.S." -- By Some Brits

Post by wm »

“We will never forget, we will be traumatized for the rest of our lives by what the United States government has done to us,” Connors wrote in a sworn statement, later adding, “We have been treated like criminals here, stripped of our rights, and lied to. … It is undoubtedly the worst experience we have ever lived through.”

It is the Connors making the accusations and the journalist simply relaying their accusations. And the journalist did make sure to get the governments side of the story in there.

And I can say from first hand experience Border Patrol is a no sense of humor or understanding organization. They seem to be guided the principle that you are guilty until you prove your innocence. I live in Michigan and butted heads three times with them. Once was crossing back from Canada into the US at Port Huron, MI. It was the day after Bob Probert of the Detroit Red Wings hockey team got busted in the same place for crossing the border with coke. I was asked to exit my vehicle and I complied and asked what was wrong. I was taken down hard, handcuffed, and verbally abused for questioning their authority. THey ripped my car apart and eventually found a spent 12 gauge shell under my spare tire (left over from a hunting trip). I was held in a detention cell for 24 hours after they found "contraband ammunition". Later I was released. No reason given for detention or release. I was 21 at the time.

Second time was a road block (Border Patrol can set up a road block within 100 miles of any international border or point of entry …… So for example the International airports in St Louis, Missouri or Denver, Colorado?? That counts). I was again asked to exit car. I told them no.... I supplied my drivers license, proof of auto insurance, and auto registration as required by law but as a citizen of the USA, in the USA I was not going to play their game. I was held at gun point in my car for 90 minutes until the local sheriff showed up. He talked to them, to me and then to them and told them if they did not release me he was going to create so much hell they would wish they had never heard of Bay County, Michigan. BTW I asked for the return of my documents and the video and pictures they took of my vehicle stop. BPC refused stating that I remained under criminal investigation. That was 6 years ago. I recently sent another request just to see what they would say …… I remain under investigation. I am considering FOIAing my file.

Third time was with a group a union members attending a conference who made a wrong turn on to a highway that led to a bridge crossing into Canada at Sault Ste. Marie. Canadian authorities turned us around without entry as all of us did not have the new enhanced drivers licenses (and frankly we didn't intend to go to Canada) and sent us back to US Border patrol. Those of us with enhanced licenses (kind of a new thing if you are not familiar with it) were allowed back into the country with few routine questions. Those without were held for almost 24 hours until their identities were confirmed (with finger prints IIRC). Some thought the officers were fine, some awful. IMO based on all their recounting of their treatment, the officers were coldly professional. Which is the minimum you should expect. BTW that mistake of making the wrong turn in Sault Ste. Marie happens a lot to people not familiar with the area. The Michigan city is Sault Ste. Marie and the Canadian city is Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario.

I sympathize with Border Patrol ...... they have a tough job as all LEO do ...... but that does not give anyone the right to mistreat anyone. And I have seen enough first hand smoke of mistreatment to suspect that there is a culture of mistreatment by some in the Border Patrol.

Wm
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Lessons:

1. Gun Laws are basically all illegitimate and dangerous

2. Pay CLOSE attention to not only your County Sheriff's election, but to the PRIMARIES. "I was held at gun point in my car for 90 minutes until the local sheriff showed up. He talked to them, to me and then to them and told them if they did not release me he was going to create so much hell they would wish they had never heard of Bay County, Michigan."

3. LEO's of all sorts need to be encouraged to use the law to snare BAD guys, REAL criminals, and not paperwork failures. Unfortunately the real implementation of this means we need to legalize ALL 'drugs' - the ONLY things that should constitute a 'crime' should be things with actual 'victims' (and the 'victims' of 'drugs' are all either due to the 'war' that WE created, or people who knowingly get intoxicated and either suffer harm or get so stoned they harm others, and instead of accepting the blame for that, they blame the 'drug' :roll: ). RINOs resist repealing prohibition, but it needs to be done. NAIL anyone who is intoxicated in public, REGARDLESS of whether it is booze, weed, LSD, or whatever, and NAIL anyone committing a violent or property crime, but leave "vice" to the church, along with all other 'morality' issues.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

They are illegal aliens who, to our good fortune, were caught in the act committing a crime and then lied about it.

Their story is quite sad, but I don't care.

:|
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I shall never drive into Canada, or Mexico.....Any vehicle I have is more than likely to have fresh or spent ammo in it.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

Blaine wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:35 pm I shall never drive into Canada, or Mexico.....Any vehicle I have is more than likely to have fresh or spent ammo in it.
I was all set to clear U.S. Customs for re-entry two weeks ago after a 3-day business trip into Canada, when just as the female Border Patrol Officer was set to release me, a 6' 5" male officer approached and shouted "Hold that vehicle!"

Then he approached my window, leaned in -- and (after seeing my OLD NO7 license late) -- softly said: "Gee buddy, just how much Jack do you have to drink to get that plate?"

I said: "None today sir!"

He said "Right answer!" and they let me go. :wink:

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

I don't have to worry about an "accidental entry into the USA... I don't travel above a line from Washington to Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania & Delaware... not do I travel south of a line demarking Texas, New Mexico & Arizona... I don't go further West than Arizona Nevada and Oregon. Since I don't leave those areas that recognize the 2nd Amendment to the US Constitution, I can't accidently "(re)enter!"
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!