Are you curious about how the magic of the Browning Auto 5 works ?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
wm
Senior Levergunner

Are you curious about how the magic of the Browning Auto 5 works ?

Post by wm »

Mark explains it here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHGYomrC5hU&t=702s

I know some of you subscribe to YouTube channels for education and infotainment …… I would strongly encourage you to include C&Rsenal in your subscriptions. Really good stuff.

Wm
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Are you curious about how the magic of the Browning Auto 5 works ?

Post by .45colt »

Great Link.! I got My first Auto 5 last spring and I feel like I cheated Myself all these years. not hard at all to setup the friction rings for light or heavy loads. shooting clays it points very well and I don't think about the humpback. I love the way it recoils, like everything that John Browning designed it feels solid as a rock . I'm looking for a 20 gauge to go with the 12 . here is a great illustration of how the action works. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MfLYgTe6NI
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I once met an old lady that had a Sweet 16 she called it her "gangster gun" when I tried to buy it she had handed it in to the police :cry:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Although I admire the Auto 5 design, I never felt they fit me well. I always had trouble hitting clay pigeons with the one I owned as it seemed to shoot low when I aimed at them. I'd have to pull up on them and then fire just as I covered the clay bird with the front bead in order to hit. Just wasn't conducive to shooting good scores for me.
On the other hand my 1982 Winchester 1400 has always been a less attractive gun, but my favorite shooting shotgun. I bought it new in 1982 and ordered the then optional Winchoke barrel, and 4 choke tubes. I've used it for decades to shoot trap, and also a bunch of upland game birds successfully.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Bullard4075
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bullard4075 »

+1
"Any man who covers his face and packs a gun is a legitimate target for any decent citizen"
Jeff Cooper