Fajen Pattern Gunstocks Available Again

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Fajen Pattern Gunstocks Available Again

Post by Pete44ru »

Fajen Gunstocks closed their doors long ago, but this fella bought most of the patterns, and can/will make a shaped stock for any of the patterns he has.

(disclaimer) Everything I know about this fella came from a recent post of his (below), that I ran across while surfing.

I recently acquired 280 of the original patterns from Fajen, a retired gunmaker friend and a friend of his purchased them when Fajen went out of business mostly making a few stocks for themselves in the last 20 years.
I was able to purchase them and am now offering duplication off of them to the public.

For more information please check out my new website: www.manitoucustomguns.com

I have been involved in the firearms field for over 11 year, I was the Gun library manager at the Dundee Michigan Cabela's. During my time there I aquired a Don Allen Gunstock Duplicating machine.

Thanks,
Will Bohm

jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Fajen Pattern Gunstocks Available Again

Post by jnyork »

Very interesting, I have a couple of rifles with Fajen stocks. Hope he does well. :)
wm
Senior Levergunner

Post by wm »

I know that guy.

Well 'know' might imply that I know him. More accurately I've met him and done business with him once (bought some gun parts for Super Savage sporter rifle restoration restoration project).

Seemed nice and honest in that limited exchange.

Wm
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Just saved his site! Good stuff. Many thanks for posting.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I'm not familiar with a Fajen stock.....what makes it a 'Fajen'...?
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Doc, Fajen (and E.C. Bishop) were the 1st major US producers of high-grade quality sporting stocks for surplus military rifles at very reasonable prices - later expanding into stocks for commercial rifles.

Both companies had local access to all kinds of wood where they were located ( Warsaw MO), especially walnut.

In fact, they became so popular that large firearm manufacturers took their gunstock styling cues from them.

Fajen later bought out Bishop.

Prior to their startup(s), gunstocks had to be handmade from planks - so the Fajen/Bishop stocks made re-stocking easy for the common man, and those with a modest modicum of woodworking tools & experience.

https://media.mwstatic.com/cms/larrys-s ... -years.pdf

They both offered stocks in multiple wood choices, and woodgrain/figure that ran from looking like plain cardboard to very fancy wood, and eventually lamo stocks.

Fajen was started by an immigrant, Reinhardt Fajen, and one of his employees (Fred Wenig) left to start his own custom gunstock company.

Last edited by Pete44ru on Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Thanks for the ejumikashun....!
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Glad to see these patterns available again. Fajen was a household name in the '50s and '60s.
pdentrem
Levergunner 2.0

Post by pdentrem »

This topic reminded me that I have a Bishop sales display piece. It is not inletted nor has a finish applied to it. I got it from a local gunsmith who was reducing his pile of stuff.
Pierre
See photos
IMGP0370aa.jpg
IMGP0369aa.jpg
IMGP0368a.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.