(.)(.)

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

(.)(.)

Post by 6pt-sika »

Was out checking a treestand Friday and an owl was about twenty yards away looking at me . Took a picture with my phone zoomed in as much as possible.
06314540-8B89-4E3C-98DE-2C715614AF53.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Re: (.)(.)

Post by GunnyMack »

WHO

Few years ago I bought myself a HECS suit. If you aren't familiar with HECS the manufacturer claims it blocks human electrical field, this turns you virtually invisible if you are still. Yes I have had remarkable results with this stuff. Anyhow while still hunting in the snow I crept up to a cedar tree a stood under it. Something hit my shoulder, I realized it was an owl pellet- VERY FRESH! I looked up and the it sat just feet above me looking down. It flew a hundred yards or so away, looking at me as I continued on my way deer hunting.

Owls are cool critters even though they are the harbinger of death in the Indian culture, not the the stinky curry eater Indians. :D
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

Not what I expected...

I saw "parts of the female anatomy" in your subject line! :wink:

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

I have an owl story, also.

Once upon a time, I climbed up into my ladder tree stand that was in a copse of pine trees overlooking a scrape, in the dark before sunrise during deer season. :roll:

While sitting there as still as a mouse, watching my shooting lanes, something suddenly flew straight toward my face, but flared away when it got within a foot or two of my face. :shock:

After I recovered from my surprise, I realized it was an Owl (a predator like me) that had most likely spotted my moving eyeballs, and thought it was gonna score a small animal meal.

Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

Pete44ru wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:43 am I have an owl story, also.

Once upon a time, I climbed up into my ladder tree stand that was in a copse of pine trees overlooking a scrape, in the dark before sunrise during deer season. :roll:

While sitting there as still as a mouse, watching my shooting lanes, something suddenly flew straight toward my face, but flared away when it got within a foot or two of my face. :shock:

After I recovered from my surprise, I realized it was an Owl (a predator like me) that had most likely spotted my moving eyeballs, and thought it was gonna score a small animal meal.
That same thing happened to me at oh-dark-thirty sitting in an elevated stand in Bavaria while watching for wild boar -- no rifle (or license), just a Leica scope on an empty wooden stock with GREAT glass -- as my job was to spook any large boars towards my German host's stand, as he was hunting. I think the owl saw the boar hair tassel on the authentic Loden green German hunting cap I was wearing and came in for the kill!

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Pete44ru wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:43 am .

I have an owl story, also.

I had a big hawk pull the same stunt with me about thirty years ago when I first started using treestands . I was up in a TreeLounge during archery season . Good thing I was wearing a safety belt as I got a little off balance , no fall etc but it was a bit uncomfortable after the fact .
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Old No7 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:33 am Not what I expected...

I saw "parts of the female anatomy" in your subject line! :wink:

Old No7
:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
gcs
Levergunner 3.0

Post by gcs »

I was dragging a deer off the mountain at dusk some years ago, I "felt" a disturbance in the force, lol, a barred owl had swooped down and just barely missed my head and perched in a tree to watch.,
Every hundred feet or so it would swoop low just over my head and find another perch to watch, kept doing that till I got to the clearing....curious little bugger, It's a spooky feeling knowing that it passed within inches of my head every time yet I couldn't hear a thing...
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

This one followed me around for quite awhile while I was moving slowly thru the woods looking for deer burger. It felt like he was communicating with me.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Years ago while we were hunting pheasant in a field of milo stubble, a large white owl kept following us. We saw him, or maybe her. I didn't ask. I think that owl was catching mice that we disturbed as we were flushing the pheasant. This was out near Liberal, Kansas. We all got our limit that morning and we saw that owl eating at least 3 mice. It was a good day of hunting all the way around.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost