I was gonna go to Knob Creek.....

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

I was gonna go to Knob Creek.....

Post by AJMD429 »

....but I didn't realize it was in Syria...! :lol:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Re: I was gonna go to Knob Creek.....

Post by fordwannabe »

Yeah. ABC got caught manipulating the news. I think we have a recent phrase that applies here....mmmh a President Trump would you please do the honors.
FAKE NEWS
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Oh Lordy....I wet my pants......TALK ABOUT FAKE NEWS..it was deliberately done as fake news.....I saw that Knob Creek video a long while ago. They set up cars, tannerite and drums of gasoline and blast away. We have a similar, but no where near as cool as Knob Creek, machine gun shoot right here in Lancaster, Pa.

In fact, on July 4th, I like to call our back pasture, "Knob Creek Jr.". We must have blasted 20 pounds of tannerite the last time.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Could any reporter or journalist tell the truth anymore? I am at the point where I think the word journalist means lying sack of feces.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

We are told all the time about fake news but this is an instance where we gun guys KNOW it's fake news without having to be told it's fake news.....

Wonder if Fox News got a hold of this....I've been out in the garage all night. ---6
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

piller wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:25 pm Could any reporter or journalist tell the truth anymore? I am at the point where I think the word journalist means lying sack of feces.
You just insulted liars, sacks, and feces.... :|
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

The old term “Yellow Journalism” comes to mind.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

piller wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:25 pm Could any reporter or journalist tell the truth anymore? I am at the point where I think the word journalist means lying sack of feces.
Sir, you are too kind. They are plain old nazi ss propagandists, besides being lying sacks
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

A good war correspondent on the telly with a foreign accent can have you sitting on the edge of the couch in just a 2 1/2 to 3 minute segment......

but !

how do you know anything he/she/it describes is accurate ?

they themselves don't actually know what is going on or who is who.....

they rely on local interpreters and "officials"......

with a long history of leftist progressive journalists spinning the story against the U.S.A. they just cannot seem to help at least slightly prevaricating to outright lying so as to embarrass us.....

yes, it seems on the surface that our allies the kurds are being slaughtered but how do we know this and how do we know that they themselves are not committing tortuous and murderous atrocities ?
m.A.g.a. !
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Ray wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:59 am...how do you know anything he/she/it describes is accurate ?
Very true. One of the problems with televised media is it seems "real".

My mother grew up in the pre-television era, and was forever skeptical of the Tube...when she was older, color televisions became the norm, and she liked big screens, so there were no black and white televisions of the 'console' type. She would turn the color adjustment all the way down so the picture was effectively black and white. When asked why, she said "because I think people need to be reminded that television is not 'real' in the sense that you are only seeing what someone decided to let you see". Once in awhile I could get her to watch a 'nature show' like a National Geographic program in color, but even then, she would remind me that "even the people producing shows like that sometimes have an agenda; it may not be a bad agenda, but it is still an agenda, and they may be selectively showing you things, or not showing you things, to sway your opinions on political funding or other issues..."

My mother was a very, very, very wise person.