Words

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Jay Bird

Re: Words

Post by Jay Bird »

AJMD429 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:01 pm
Sixgun Sr wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:24 pm....we can start with the butchering of the Kings English with Ebonics...
Candace Owens really rips into the blacks who feel somehow that they don't have to bother to learn the English language...and they can't fight back, because she be black too... :mrgreen:
Yea Doc...she be black I tell yo but she be smarty....back in 66-72 i's be in scool and we's learnt dat class called English. Teach toad we's how do spell ans if yo didn't pass English you didn't get to wear dees gown and grabuate.---sixe
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Sixgun Sr wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:50 pm
AJMD429 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:01 pm
Sixgun Sr wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:24 pm....we can start with the butchering of the Kings English with Ebonics...
Candace Owens really rips into the blacks who feel somehow that they don't have to bother to learn the English language...and they can't fight back, because she be black too... :mrgreen:
Yea Doc...she be black I tell yo but she be smarty....back in 66-72 i's be in scool and we's learnt dat class called English. Teach toad we's how do spell ans if yo didn't pass English you didn't get to wear dees gown and grabuate.---sixe
You know not how much I hated English grammar in school even though I wrote grammatically correct papers in English lit class .
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I have always struggled to be grammatically correct but being born a Brummie that's not unusual. Nath an Perry Owen will understand my problem... :lol:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Malamute wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:32 amThis may be helpful
https://www.reddit.com/r/languagelearni ... ge_gaelic/
It was on youtube but they made it age restricted. I dont have any youtube account, so found it elsewhere. She has a few funny videos on youtube. Irish GPS was good.
That's Irish Gaelic... similar to, but not the same as the Scots version. Wish my hearing was better, as that would make it easier to understand and repeat what I do know.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
wm
Senior Levergunner

Post by wm »

Conspiracy theories generally are the ones that pee me off. Particularly the political ones on both the far right and left. Stuff like Pizza gate or vast right wing conspiracy …… there is enough stuff out there to take umbrage with that we don't need fake stuff to distract us.

Wm