The Awesome SHOCKWAVE around a 50 BMG bullet

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

The Awesome SHOCKWAVE around a 50 BMG bullet

Post by AJMD429 »

They are reputed to rip arms off or cause concussions with near-misses...!

https://youtu.be/YrHpe5Z93wM
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Hawkeye2
Levergunner 3.0

Re: The Awesome SHOCKWAVE around a 50 BMG bullet

Post by Hawkeye2 »

I'm really disappointed in that he never once cleared the firearm before he went downrange. Even if one is shooting a single shot .22 you clear it before you take your hands off it.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Hawkeye2 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:26 pm I'm really disappointed in that he never once cleared the firearm before he went downrange. Even if one is shooting a single shot .22 you clear it before you take your hands off it.
Since I usually shoot on my own property like he does, I simply turn the firearm 90 degrees (still towards a big safe hill as backstop) before heading downrange. I wouldn't do that with a round in the chamber, but it seems safer to do that than to 'clear' the gun and lay it on the bench pointing downrange where I'll be walking.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Hawkeye2
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Hawkeye2 »

I usually shoot on my property and generally alone but I would never walk away from a firearm unless I had checked to see that it's unloaded or disabled. Pull the slide back & lock & drop the mag. Remove the bolt if it has a fixed and loaded mag and so on. In the case of something like a levergun, revolver, etc. I never load more than I know i'll shoot in a string so i won't be tempted to lay the gun down and go to check on that last shot. If I'm shooting for a serious reason rather than just fun I'll set up a spotting scope. Perhaps I'm over cautious but I've been shooting since the mid 50s, had a number of instructor ratings including hunter safety and I've never even come close to having an accident though I've witnessed a lot of stupid acts fortunately non of which have resulted in an injury. I'm sure you and most of those on this forum exercise safe gun handling. I do cringe when I see a vid of someone doing something questionable with a firearm while treating it as a humorous or sensational act and then not following all the safety rules on top of that and perhaps not explaining safe gun handling while doing it. I also wonder how many libs and anti-gunners see these shows and brand all of us as irresponsible morons who shouldn't even be allowed to pick up a rock let alone have access to a gun. I'm sorry for the rant but I have a low tolerance for those who treat a hammer with more respect than a gun.