Product review ..... Harbor Freight 'Apache' weatherproof protective case Small for $10

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
wm
Senior Levergunner

Product review ..... Harbor Freight 'Apache' weatherproof protective case Small for $10

Post by wm »

A couple months ago Harbor Freight had a sale (big news, right?) and they included their Apache weatherproof cases for $9.99. I purchased a small one and brought it home and configured it for my S&W Shield. And by configure I mean I removed the pre scored foam necessary to lay the Shield in the case. That left enough room to open space for two magazines and I could lift up the first level of foam and store another 4 or 5 magazines underneath. Works out nicely giving me a nice, secure, not too obvious way to store my Shield. Adding a padlock I can even lock it.

In fact I liked it so much I impulsively bought the next size larger case. My thought was to designate it for a specific duty or function. I've just had trouble settling on what that would be. At first I thought I would use it as a range rimfire toy caddy and use it for my Ruger MKII and Single Six. Then I thought maybe I would use it for my hunting handgun (Ruger Bisley) and traveling handgun (Charter Arms 44spl). Being TSA complaint it makes a nice arrangement for flying and the case fits nicely in my suitcase. I still have not settled on what I am going to do but honestly I'll probably do both and just buy another case.

https://www.harborfreight.com/3800-Weat ... 63927.html

Anyway …… nothing exciting or ground breaking here. If you were looking for something like this I hope sharing my experience helped.

Wm
TomF
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Product review ..... Harbor Freight 'Apache' weatherproof protective case Small for $10

Post by TomF »

I've been eyeing those cases for some time. When I traveled, I used the large Pelican cases to ship my PPE and winter clothes. I now use them to store pictures, papers and other things to protect them from flooding(Harvey and Imelda), and little critters that like to eat paper. I'll be buying a couple from HF soon. Thx for the review.

TomF
fatboy
Levergunner 1.0

Re: Product review ..... Harbor Freight 'Apache' weatherproof protective case Small for $10

Post by fatboy »

I admit to being a H.F. 'fan boy'! I'm an emergency radio operator for the Sheriff and Fire Dept., I have large stores of batteries to power my ham radios and all I store now is the HF alkalines. Too many probs with the famous ones and store brands. Several of my radios are powered by HF rechargeable cells. I also have a solar panel and a battery jumper thingy that can power radios. Many of my emergency supplies and radio gear are stored in HF ammo boxes and I'm getting a 20 foot flag pole to mount an emergency antenna on. My kitchen knives used to be Chicago or Henkel's, now they are HF ceramics! That store is as addictive as caffeine.
bob